ImageImageImage

AD's Gone Thread #9, And Everything's Still Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#601 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 am

GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
GregB wrote:
Outside of the #8 nothing else mattered in that package.

So # 8 and "nothing else mattered" for Irving

vs a deal of

MEM pick, Tatum, Smart for AD.

Considering AD is a superior offensive player, and a far superior defender and rebounder.

You know what. IT doesn't **** matter. The point is Ainge just traded for a rental point blank.

And with that "huge" Nets trade, it's resulted in trading for one all-star in Irving. Who.Was.A.Rental

If your'e going to say that you that in "retrospective" it wasn't much. Well of course it wasn't IT NEVER IS, youth never pans out. You either have an MVP or you don't. You almost never lose a trade where the main piece is picks.

But whatever. Stop nitkpicking on every little thing that isn't making an excuse to celebrate.

I’m not celebrating anything. We made that Kyrie at a time when we thought we were going to be so good that their was no way he would leave.

Last year was an utter **** show and danny screwed the pooch.

He should have moved Rozier last offseason at the very least and he should have offered a Jaylen Brown package for Kawhi Leonard. But it’s much easier to say that after the fact.

At the time most of the board thought we made the right moves.

Danny better do something compelling in the offseason though. Because if we just resign Terry ,I am going to lose my ****.

Yeah idk man.

I guess at this point, is we do everything looking at Tatum. He's the only player on our team with all-star potential. And now his contract is officially on the clock.

I doubt he's the type to get the QO and leave after his rookie year like Porzingis is... but everything we do has to be centered around making Tatum happy.

We officially have a roster full of players and not a single one of them is all-star level. That's typically a sign you need to be a bottom 5 team in the NBA and you need to do it fast or you're just delaying becoming that until after your main assets have left in free agency.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#602 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 am

chrisab123 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Brown and rozier attitude problems are on the same level of Irving's and without the skill set. Not all of us look at them as young talent easy to root for

No it's not lmfao

Its funny this came up Gasper was saying this morning that he kept hearing that Rozier had the worst attitude on the team all season and played a big role in the implosion

I bolded Brown's name. Rozier is an asshat we can all agree on that. Brown took on his reduced role with a lot of heart and anyone trying to equate his ego to Kyrie or Rozier deserves to be banned for trolling.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#603 » by GregB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

vs a deal of

Considering AD is a superior offensive player, and a far superior defender and rebounder.

You know what. IT doesn't **** matter. The point is Ainge just traded for a rental point blank.

And with that "huge" Nets trade, it's resulted in trading for one all-star in Irving. Who.Was.A.Rental

If your'e going to say that you that in "retrospective" it wasn't much. Well of course it wasn't IT NEVER IS, youth never pans out. You either have an MVP or you don't. You almost never lose a trade where the main piece is picks.

But whatever. Stop nitkpicking on every little thing that isn't making an excuse to celebrate.

I’m not celebrating anything. We made that Kyrie at a time when we thought we were going to be so good that their was no way he would leave.

He should have moved Rozier last offseason at the very least and he should have offered a Jaylen Brown package for Kawhi Leonard. But it’s much easier to say that after the fact.

Danny better do something compelling in the offseason though. Because if we just resign Terry ,I am going to lose my ****.

Yeah idk man.

I guess at this point, is we do everything looking at Tatum. He's the only player on our team with all-star potential. And now his contract is officially on the clock.

I doubt he's the type to get the QO and leave after his rookie year like Porzingis is... but everything we do has to be centered around making Tatum happy.

We officially have a roster full of players and not a single one of them is all-star level. That's typically a sign you need to be a bottom 5 team in the NBA and you need to do it fast or you're just delaying becoming that until after your main assets have left in free agency.

We will see. I think Tatum and Brown will be all star considerations simply with greater usage.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#604 » by soxfan2003 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:18 am

KGboss wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:
Afam wrote:They know some fans will never criticize them, be ok with them being a mediocre team as long as they keep making money. If you criticize them, you are attacked, told why are you criticizing the team, called a bad fan, not a fan at all and shouldn't root for the team. That is ok.

We often disagree but I think you are pretty correct here. Too many fans of the Celtics are afraid to criticize management/ownership.

It is kind of weird since the Red Sox have had much more success since 2000 and their management is often criticized and even Henry seems more criticized than Wyc.
So the correct thing is to sell off the whole team for AD for one year?

So we have AD and Hayward, Horford, and MAYBE Kyrie for 1 year because brown, Tatum, and Smart will be gone...then they leave and we are stuck with just Hayward and horford...no brown, Tatum, smart, kyrie, or AD.

That's the best move?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I already consider Kyrie gone and I am fine with that since I don't think he is worthy of a 5 year max deal heading into his 30's on a team without young Lebron/Giannis et cetera.

Some moves I question....
1) not tanking for 2-3 years after trading KG/PP. Even if he though 2014 draft was terrible, having a higher pick in it very good since you can trade down.
2) trading for Kyrie Irving but never going for it with him when he is on an inexpensive deal. I think Ainge overrates some scoring point guards like Kyrie Irving and Allen Iverson but if you think they are major stars go for it when they are on value deals.
3) Not trading for proven Finals MVP Leonard even if he was an expected rental when it appears the price was only going to mostly be Jaylen Brown. Brown may have been picked 3rd in a draft but if he was picked 9th no one would have been surprised. Not trading Tatum for a Leonard rental I agree with but not trading Brown seems much more questionable.
4) The KO draft pick. Pretty bad pick at the beginning of a rebuild if you weren't prepared to trade him early on. By Ainge's own admission a complimentary piece. When you have zero future stars, why not try to draft for upside?
5) hiring Brad Stevens and putting too much of an emphasis on wins. Stevens may be a great coach of try hard guys but mistake to put Stevens NBA reputation over acquisition of premium talent. And that is what Ainge did for a long time.
6) Handing over the whole offense to IT and going with small ball way too long. That style won't win in playoffs.

Not enough fans and media seriously question Ainge/Wyc. They let Ainge get away with trash opinions/statements/comparisons.

I know Maxwell did it as well but comparing 2019 Celtics to 83 Celtics is a TRASH comparison. 83 Celtics had a top 2-3 player in the game that had already led the Celtics to a championship. They also had McHale/Maxwell/Parish.

This Celtics team is much further away
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,279

Post#605 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

No it's not lmfao

Its funny this came up Gasper was saying this morning that he kept hearing that Rozier had the worst attitude on the team all season and played a big role in the implosion

I bolded Brown's name. Rozier is an asshat we can all agree on that. Brown took on his reduced role with a lot of heart and anyone trying to equate his ego to Kyrie or Rozier deserves to be banned for trolling.

True. The difference is however that one is about to be rewarded with a big contract for his "sacrifice". I really think Ainge loves the guy because the pick was highly criticized and he needs to be the smartest guy in the room.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#606 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am

gocelts wrote:Three years ago we signed Al Horford. Two years ago we signed Hayward....but we're still not a free agent destination....??? Ubsurd takes this hour...

Hayward came here because of Brad.

Horford came here because of the money and hoping we are going to land KD.

Please name too free agents that have signed with the Celtics in the last 30 years other than Hayward and Horford?

A few would come with a really good coach and when we are winning. Brad is a very good coach and that will help out chances but Boston is nothing compared to LA for top free agents.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#607 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 am

GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
GregB wrote:

Yeah idk man.

We will see. I think Tatum and Brown will be all star considerations simply with greater usage.

Yeah I mean. Sigh. I mean garbage team points is a thing.

They'll both be over 20 ppg this season I'm sure.

And I haven't looked at what's left for talent in the East.

But you know what I mean. Tatum is the only player that looks like he'll reach a Paul Pierce level of player or could in his career. He didnt' develop last year but he might this off season.

But yeah idk, someone has to shoot the shots so yeah I'm sure their stats will look at lot better.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#608 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 am

What if management and ownership suddenly disagreed for once since 2003?
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,383

Post#609 » by Triple7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
GregB wrote:
Outside of the #8 nothing else mattered in that package.

vs a deal of

No Rozier please!
GregB
RealGM

Post#610 » by GregB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:What if management and ownership suddenly disagreed for once since 2003?

I think it’s time for Wyc to cut his hair.
Grooverider
Senior
And1: 882

Post#611 » by Grooverider » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:What if management and ownership suddenly disagreed for once since 2003?

Then they need to all get on the same page now
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,119

Post#612 » by Darthlukey » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

Anyone read what the other two 1sts were from lakers?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,617

Post#613 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Also Celtics still have Brown, Tatum and Hayward on this roster which to me is another issue that has to be worked out.

Having 3 natural SFs is hardly a problem when 2 of them are solid SGs and the other can in many matchups function as a stretch PF.

Anyhow, with a presumed game-finishing lineup -- assuming Kyrie leaves and another expensive player isn't S&Ted in to replace him -- of:

Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

we're back to switch-everything.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#614 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
gocelts wrote:Don't understand all the hate on Ainge. The Pels were the ones that agreed on that trash trade. Ainge didn't need to include Tatum to top that crap.

I am getting on Ainge because all he has to show for the nets trade, which looked like a complete steal at the time, is Brown and Tatum. How many players did he draft that never played on this team? I bet it is at least 8.

Now if Irving signs with the Nets they they will be ahead of the celtics which is inconceivable.

I don't know if Ainge has it in him for another rebuild. He has been with the team for coming up on 18 season and he he been rebuilding for about half that time. May be time for Ainge to step away.

Um....Brown and Tatum is ALL you need to show for that trade...and there's much more if you look at the layers...

We've also been in contention for the other half of the time Dannys been here. We won in Danny's 5th year and then contended there after for a few more seasons...then tanked but still made the playoffs the next year after (yes with a crap record) but have made the playoffs since and was one game away from the finals last year. We were also favored to come out of the east this year.

In theory we COULD tank now...but as this season taught us..anything can happen. Let's see what plan B is and take a deep breath.
~gocelts
FuriousRiles
Senior
And1: 749

Post#615 » by FuriousRiles » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:24 am

I would assume ownership has the final say. If that's the case Danny wanted to go for his white wale but ownership said no?
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#616 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:24 am

GregB wrote:

I think it’s time for Wyc to cut his hair.

Either put on some shades or cut it.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#617 » by Wes-J » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 am

Thanks to Griffin, Zion will be the next NOLA star to leave.

What a luckbox to even land that 1st pick.

Sacramento did us in good.
GregB
RealGM

Post#618 » by GregB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

Should we just rename this the Clint Capela thread now or time for a lock?
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#619 » by Kefa461 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:27 am

Rubio at the point
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,586

Post#620 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:27 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

No it's not lmfao

Yea I should be banned because I can see something you cant. This place out of control. No wonder the regulars leaving in droves.

Return to Boston Celtics