ImageImageImage

AD's Gone Thread #9, And Everything's Still Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#621 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am

Tatum has to take his game to the next level next year but the guy seems shy about taking shots at times. No distractions this upcoming season.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,213

Post#622 » by Tyakack » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am

I really hope horford goes to a championship team and gets a ring. He deserves it.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#623 » by Iguodaladon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 am

So glad this is finally over- Kyrie is definitely not coming back now. With some patience, if we actually try to develop our guys we could be really good soon. AD is one of my favourite players, but there is just something special about doing it with homegrown players.
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
FeedReed
Starter
And1: 839

Post#624 » by FeedReed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:31 am

it was never going to be a perfect situation with the likelihood that davis would leave after a year , but tatum is absolutely a guy you sacrifice for a championship, even a 50% chance of winning a championship. the only thing worse that could happen right now is for ainge to name rozier the point guard. if that happens, i’ll likely take the season off.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#625 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

The Corey's wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Its funny this came up Gasper was saying this morning that he kept hearing that Rozier had the worst attitude on the team all season and played a big role in the implosion

I bolded Brown's name. Rozier is an asshat we can all agree on that. Brown took on his reduced role with a lot of heart and anyone trying to equate his ego to Kyrie or Rozier deserves to be banned for trolling.

Yea I should be banned because I can see something you cant. This place out of control. No wonder the regulars leaving in droves.

Didn't you want ainge fired when he traded 1 for 3 and drafted Tatum? Yeah clearly your vision is 20/20
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,787

Post#626 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:33 am

50% chance? More like a 5% chance. Let's not get carried away.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#627 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am

return2glory wrote:
gocelts wrote:Three years ago we signed Al Horford. Two years ago we signed Hayward....but we're still not a free agent destination....??? Ubsurd takes this hour...

Hayward came here because of Brad.

Horford came here because of the money and hoping we are going to land KD.

Please name too free agents that have signed with the Celtics in the last 30 years other than Hayward and Horford?

A few would come with a really good coach and when we are winning. Brad is a very good coach and that will help out chances but Boston is nothing compared to LA for top free agents.

Not comparing us to NY or LA. Just saying that when we've had cap space and a good team/situation for a player, we've been able to sign free agents. Yes it stinks LeBron and Davis and soon Kyrie are choosing a city over a team. Danny is aware of that by now and shame on anyone else for not getting used to it.
~gocelts
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#628 » by Afam » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

There are more important things to focus on.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#629 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:39 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
I bolded Brown's name. Rozier is an asshat we can all agree on that. Brown took on his reduced role with a lot of heart and anyone trying to equate his ego to Kyrie or Rozier deserves to be banned for trolling.

Yea I should be banned because I can see something you cant. This place out of control. No wonder the regulars leaving in droves.

Didn't you want ainge fired when he traded 1 for 3 and drafted Tatum? Yeah clearly your vision is 20/20

Yea dude. Bra. **** vo for mentioning **** I've mentioned in this very thread like 10 times.

Thumbs up!
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#630 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am

Iguodaladon wrote:So glad this is finally over- Kyrie is definitely not coming back now. With some patience, if we actually try to develop our guys we could be really good soon. AD is one of my favourite players, but there is just something special about doing it with homegrown players.

Celtics have been trying to do it with homegrown players for 30 years. Its not going to happen anytime soon. By the time they hit on the future picks Tatum is going to ask for a trade to one of the glamour markets same with Brown.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#631 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

Ad thread 10 : postMortem
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#632 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

Just at a Father’s Day party with my older brother whose a laker fan (kid is a contrarian) went against whole family he was dancing and screaming....makes me sick
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,252

Post#633 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

Lakers have 5 players after the trade. One is named Bonga. Another is Wagner. They don't even have a max slot. CHAMPIONSHIP!!
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#634 » by Edug27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 am

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:Tatum has to take his game to the next level next year but the guy seems shy about taking shots at times. No distractions this upcoming season.

I want him and Jaylen jacking them up next season.
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,954

Post#635 » by leper-con » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 am

I could see Kyrie going to LA
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran

Post#636 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 am

return2glory wrote:
gocelts wrote:Three years ago we signed Al Horford. Two years ago we signed Hayward....but we're still not a free agent destination....??? Ubsurd takes this hour...

Hayward came here because of Brad.

Horford came here because of the money and hoping we are going to land KD.

Please name too free agents that have signed with the Celtics in the last 30 years other than Hayward and Horford?

A few would come with a really good coach and when we are winning. Brad is a very good coach and that will help out chances but Boston is nothing compared to LA for top free agents.

Why because it’s a huge market and hollywood?!! There’s other teams in the nba. The Celtics have a history of winning. Why won’t players want to play for this team? The media really loves to drive the lakers hype machine. I think that helps with free agents. It’s sickening .
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,442

Post#637 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 am

The Corey's wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Yea dude. Bra. **** vo for mentioning **** I've mentioned in this very thread like 10 times.

Thumbs up!

Take a break if you're so mad :lol:

Seriously, I just thought it's stupid to lump Brown in with Rozier and Kyrie. Outside of the first month he stepped up his game and mentality.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,394

Post#638 » by Triple7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:Just at a Father’s Day party with my older brother whose a laker fan (kid is a contrarian) went against whole family he was dancing and screaming....makes me sick

Same here! We’ve been at it since Bird vs Magic days. **** Lebron! :lol:
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran

Post#639 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Lakers have 5 players after the trade. One is named Bonga. Another is Wagner. They don't even have a max slot. CHAMPIONSHIP!!

They’re trying to get kemba walker and other players. The nba just might let them cheat the cap a little.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#640 » by Slartibartfast » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am

Lakers did well. A lot of picks but with AD locked up, free agency will continue to be good for them.

With GS decimated they easily have the most star power going in to 2020. Not to my liking but I can't blame Danny for not wanting to play chicken with Rich Paul. Still wish he would have - I think he overrates Tatum but the Irving blow is hard to overcome

Return to Boston Celtics