[Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#101 » by baldur » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 am

Dan Z wrote:
Madhouse wrote:if they can get Beal, do it

I don't think the Wizards will trade Beal, but Ingram, Lonzo, Solomon Hill and the #4 works in the trade machine. I might offer that if I'm the Pelicans, but I'll admit...I'm not as big on Ingram and Ball as some people.

A Jrue Holiday/Bradley Beal backcourt would be quite good. I think this would also leave the Pelicans with some money to fill out the rest of the roster.

Lol. Do you even realize that package plus two late first rounders minis Hill's awful contract get you Anthony Davis?
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#102 » by John Murdoch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 am

Dupp wrote:Beal worth much more than 4 imo

If they could dump wall tho at the same time it might be their best reset button
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#103 » by Dan Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:17 am

baldur wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I don't think the Wizards will trade Beal, but Ingram, Lonzo, Solomon Hill and the #4 works in the trade machine. I might offer that if I'm the Pelicans, but I'll admit...I'm not as big on Ingram and Ball as some people.

A Jrue Holiday/Bradley Beal backcourt would be quite good. I think this would also leave the Pelicans with some money to fill out the rest of the roster.

Lol. Do you even realize that package plus two late first rounders minis Hill's awful contract get you Anthony Davis?

No it doesn't. There are future picks that were involved and maybe even pick swaps. On top of that they got Josh Hart too.

Bradley Beal is a 25 year old all-star who just played in 82 games and scored 25 points per game. He's also signed on for two years. He's quite good.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#104 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 am

If they trade #4 instead of Jrue... David Griffin is Dell Demps 2.0! Rushing another mother f**cking rebuild! Please no GOD NOOOOO!!!!
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#105 » by baldur » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 am

Dan Z wrote:
baldur wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

No it doesn't. There are future picks that were involved and maybe even pick swaps. On top of that they got Josh Hart too.

Bradley Beal is a 25 year old all-star who just played in 82 games and scored 25 points per game. He's also signed on for two years. He's quite good.

Getting rid of hill's contract is late first rounder. So one extra meaningless 29th pick remains as a difference. Plus Josh Hart. So if wizards offered Bradley Beal , Josh Hart and a late first rounder, they would have acquired Anthony Davis?
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#106 » by Axl Rose » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 am

clyde21 wrote:another interesting idea i had...turn Ball around to Chicago for WC3, and take Garland 4th.

Garland
Jrue
Ingram
Zion
WC3

Griff can really make something happen here if he's creativ

We're not trading Carter for Lonzo Ball. Thats crazy talk.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#107 » by NavalAviator94 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 am

Take L Bro. You forgot about the picks and likely pick swaps after. I did as well when I read your tweet and then later duh hit me. Lol

Regardless, that would still be a huge hall for Beal that Washington would be stupid to pass up.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#108 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:28 am

PrinceH wrote:I'm excited for this Pelicans team, just need a vet centre, if I'm the GM i'm packaging this in a deal for Marc Gasol and resign Jahlil Okafor he played well as a backup

Lol at the Pelicans flipping the #4 pick for C.J. Miles, Jonas Valanciunas, and Delon Wright, or equivalent value.

Trade Holiday, they aren't making the playoffs and Zion will sell just as many tickets with Holiday as without.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#109 » by Dan Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:33 am

baldur wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
baldur wrote:

Getting rid of hill's contract is late first rounder. So one extra meaningless 29th pick remains as a difference. Plus Josh Hart. So if wizards offered Bradley Beal , Josh Hart and a late first rounder, they would have acquired Anthony Davis?

You're adding a pick in there. That wasn't my offer. And if Washington says no I understand. Like I said they're not trading him.

Put it to you this way. If I could get Bradley Beal and draft control (meaning 2 picks plus swaps) for the next 6 years (All Lakers draft) for AD then I'd do it. And I have more faith in Beal over Ingram, Ball and the #4.

Solomon Hill is in the deal only as a contract. It expires in a year. So does Ian Mahinmi's contract. That means the Wizards would shed a bunch of salary after a year. It also gives them a year to develop/try out players and let Wall recover.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#110 » by Lalouie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:34 am

they need a big. or at least a larger fellow than a puny guard
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#111 » by Mr Loggins » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:35 am

Jrue
Lonzo
Ingram
Zion
TRISTAN THOMPSON

Bring him home Griffin
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#112 » by John Murdoch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 am

Buckeye-NBAFan wrote:
PrinceH wrote:I'm excited for this Pelicans team, just need a vet centre, if I'm the GM i'm packaging this in a deal for Marc Gasol and resign Jahlil Okafor he played well as a backup

Lol at the Pelicans flipping the #4 pick for C.J. Miles, Jonas Valanciunas, and Delon Wright, or equivalent value.

Trade Holiday, they aren't making the playoffs and Zion will sell just as many tickets with Holiday as without.

Griff has extreme wood for Jrue , dudes not getting traded
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#113 » by Lalouie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:38 am

pels can't go with another rookie. that's too f'ing young. they wouldn't be valid for 6 years.

see philly
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#114 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:44 am

Pelicans should parlay the pick for more futures.

They can then outbid any team for the next Leonard or Davis to go with Williamson when he's ready.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,287

Post#115 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:48 am

baldur wrote:Don't understand why.

Aren't they just starting their rebuilding? It makes sense to select doumbuya and bol bol if they can get the 8th and 10th picks from the Hawks though.

They got the Lakers picks from now till 2046, they can afford to trade this one if they want to. They got the Lakers unprotected first in the Emoni Bates draft.
Hroz
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#116 » by Hroz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 am

All in on Beal

Ball and #4 for Beal? Seem fair?
Take Solomon and Randle to match salaries
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#117 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 am

The Hawks aren't giving up three first rounds to move to #4...lol
Took on a 20m dollar contract to acquire the #17 pick.
Please, remember that Travis Schlenk is the GM of the Atlanta Hawks, and not some push over.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 963

Post#118 » by BuddyBuckets » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 am

510TWSS wrote:Heard this week the Pels weren’t enamored with #4, be interesting what they could flip for it? Bamba+?

I hadn't considered this option, but it makes a tonne of sense if Orlando want Coby White or Garland. Wonder what Orlando thinks of Fultz at this stage..
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#119 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:03 am

Think the Pels should keep it and take Culver.

Jrue / Ball
Culver / Hart / Jrue / Moore (buyout?)
Ingram / Hill (buyout?)
Zion / Randle
Randle / Okafor

Then pursue a defensive anchor at C. I'd be looking at reclamation projects like Noel/WCS/Holmes, or veteran stopgaps who play defense and rebound at high levels (MGasol, DAJ). Create a culture of lockdown defense. If they wind up starting Ball and Jrue in the same backcourt, all the better.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#120 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:18 am

Why would they want Beal on a rebuilding team?

Return to The General Board