ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#641 » by BW32 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm

If he chose to stay he would opt out, the only reason to opt in is to be traded to a team that can't sign him or realistically recieve a sign and traded player.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,175

Post#642 » by Impuniti » Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm

How much will Lopez go for? He needs to be priority #1 this summer. Him and Looney are a perfect duo for rotation and overall matchups.

I don't know whose avaiable for KD's position, but I would blow the load on Lopez. He rebounds, can shoot 3s, has length and can defend.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#643 » by cdubbz » Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 am

Impuniti wrote:How much will Lopez go for? He needs to be priority #1 this summer. Him and Looney are a perfect duo for rotation and overall matchups.

I don't know whose avaiable for KD's position, but I would blow the load on Lopez. He rebounds, can shoot 3s, has length and can defend.

Brook Lopez will get a huge contract this off season. We missed out on him
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#644 » by Swift21 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:51 am

Damn I wanted Taurean Prince.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#645 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Would you guys have any interest in Dion Waiters? Saw him listed in an article as a possible Klay replacement.

He could be yours for free. What would we need to take back? Assuming Iggys deal right before he retires?
Read on Twitter
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#646 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:49 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:Would you guys have any interest in Dion Waiters? Saw him listed in an article as a possible Klay replacement.

He could be yours for free. What would we need to take back? Assuming Iggys deal right before he retires?

There is no free for us, the team is paying like 4.25 per dollar on tax if KD stays, I would bet heavily that they won't take an extra year on an Andre trade to get any sweetener, let alone just Waiters.

Also we don't have some Mozgov type bum on the roster eating cap while beign useless so there's no one to "take on". I don't know who started that rumor but it sounds like one of those "let's throw out some random names" thingy, like what Bill Simmons does all the time.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#647 » by donkeylips » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 am

don't want waiters on the team. id rather run it back and make the playoffs and hope klay comes back in 9 months healthy.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#648 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:02 am

Waiters is a volume chucker.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#649 » by dean456 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:57 am

Hey guys just wanted to float something by you. I saw a video online talking about you guys exploring trades with Draymond to get some value back and get some players to fill the void of losing KD and Klay and after hearing Miami talking with you guys about Dion Waiters. I wondered if this would be a trade you would consider especially if Draymond wasn't in your long term plans for the team after next season.

Draymond and Iguodala
for
Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters, James Johnson and our 13th pick

So basically you'd get,
- A younger, cheaper long term solution to Iggy who is more reliable from the 3 point line and can defend PG/SG/SF.
- A younger cheaper short term and long term solution to Draymond. Clarke could be as good if not better defensively than Draymond and Washington might not be as good defensively but looks to be a more balanced a player and has the ability to stretch the floor at 42% on 3's in college.
- A back up shooting guard that isn't the most ideal guy to replace Klay but will be serviceable enough until he does.
- In the short term, the ability to stay competitive and make another run if Klay comes back by the end of the year.

We'd get,
- Off our longer term contracts in JJ and Dion freeing up extra cap room next season.
- Get the PF who I believe we would try to target in free agency next season.

The names might not be sexy going into the start of next season but if you guys re sign KD and Klay, trading Draymond may be your only option to salvage your season next year. You may be able to get a better package out there but I thought this might makes some sense for both teams.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#650 » by superunknown » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 pm

dean456 wrote:Hey guys just wanted to float something by you. I saw a video online talking about you guys exploring trades with Draymond to get some value back and get some players to fill the void of losing KD and Klay and after hearing Miami talking with you guys about Dion Waiters. I wondered if this would be a trade you would consider especially if Draymond wasn't in your long term plans for the team after next season.

Draymond and Iguodala
for

So basically you'd get,
- A younger, cheaper long term solution to Iggy who is more reliable from the 3 point line and can defend PG/SG/SF.
- A younger cheaper short term and long term solution to Draymond. Clarke could be as good if not better defensively than Draymond and Washington might not be as good defensively but looks to be a more balanced a player and has the ability to stretch the floor at 42% on 3's in college.
- A back up shooting guard that isn't the most ideal guy to replace Klay but will be serviceable enough until he does.
- In the short term, the ability to stay competitive and make another run if Klay comes back by the end of the year.

We'd get,
- Off our longer term contracts in JJ and Dion freeing up extra cap room next season.

The names might not be sexy going into the start of next season but if you guys re sign KD and Klay, trading Draymond may be your only option to salvage your season next year. You may be able to get a better package out there but I thought this might makes some sense for both teams.

I'd be very tough to say goodbye to dray and dre for a fan perspective. these two guys are part of the core that has been so succesful in the past 5 years and true warriors (literally and figurative). also, they both deserve the chance to take a revenge after what happened this post season and to win at least another title as warrios.

having said that, cosidering klay and KD severe injuries (they will be out for long time, KD maybe for the all season), the fact that dre is in the twilight of his career, dray is up for a big contract extension at the end of next season and the starting line-up is in the weeds at the moment, this trade wouldn't be bad. But I'd prefer olynyk over james johnson in the package.
of course everything revolves around klay (most likely) and kd (possible) resigning with the warriors.
I like josh richardson, he's a solid player who could be a starter next season and when klay and KD come back (if they resign) be a very good player coming out the bench as SG/SF. he could also play in a small line-up
I don't like waiters, but he could start in the absence of klay and then be a decent backup SG (better than the ones currently on the roster). he could also be traded if not working.
Olynyk is not much of a rebounder and shot blocker, but he's good offensively and in p&r situation (he's been good with dragic, could be only better with steph).
and of course there is that 13rd round pick which, together with the 28th pick, could be definitely used to add straight away a decent prospect and reinforce the bench.

starters: steph-waiters-josh richardson-X-X where the X is the MLE (maybe boogie gives it another run) and the other X maybe the DPE (if KD is out for the season).
bench: 13th pick (wing?), 28th pick (pg? other wing?), evans, olynyk, looney, damien jones.
and when klay comes back it's get deeper with waiters on the bench or through some movements at the trade deadline.
I mean, it's not ideal because it means no dray and iggy (again, of a fan perspective is awful), but it's neither bad considering the contingengy and the medium term. it's a business after all....
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#651 » by dean456 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm

superunknown wrote:I'd be very tough to say goodbye to dray and dre for a fan perspective. these two guys are part of the core that has been so succesful in the past 5 years and true warriors (literally and figurative). also, they both deserve the chance to take a revenge after what happened this post season and to win at least another title as warrios.

having said that, cosidering klay and KD severe injuries (they will be out for long time, KD maybe for the all season), the fact that dre is in the twilight of his career, dray is up for a big contract extension at the end of next season and the starting line-up is in the weeds at the moment, this trade wouldn't be bad. But I'd prefer olynyk over james johnson in the package.
of course everything revolves around klay (most likely) and kd (possible) resigning with the warriors.
I like josh richardson, he's a solid player who could be a starter next season and when klay and KD come back (if they resign) be a very good player coming out the bench as SG/SF. he could also play in a small line-up
I don't like waiters, but he could start in the absence of klay and then be a decent backup SG (better than the ones currently on the roster). he could also be traded if not working.
Olynyk is not much of a rebounder and shot blocker, but he's good offensively and in p&r situation (he's been good with dragic, could be only better with steph).
and of course there is that 13rd round pick which, together with the 28th pick, could be definitely used to add straight away a decent prospect and reinforce the bench.

starters: steph-waiters-josh richardson-X-X where the X is the MLE (maybe boogie gives it another run) and the other X maybe the DPE (if KD is out for the season).
bench: 13th pick (wing?), 28th pick (pg? other wing?), evans, olynyk, looney, damien jones.
and when klay comes back it's get deeper with waiters on the bench or through some movements at the trade deadline.
I mean, it's not ideal because it means no dray and iggy (again, of a fan perspective is awful), but it's neither bad considering the contingengy and the medium term. it's a business after all....

I appreciate the thought out response, I think it would be tough for us to offer Olynyk, JRich, Dion and 13th pick for Draymond and Iggy only because Iggy would only be cap filler for us and we likely wouldn't retain him past next season and there would be no guarantee that Draymond would even stay with us past next season and I wouldn't want us to risk losing 3 of our younger assets on the team for what could eventually be nothing. If we kept the 13th pick in that scenario then I can see that working.

JRich, Olynyk, Waiters
for
Draymond and Iggy.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#652 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm

dean456 wrote:Hey guys just wanted to float something by you. I saw a video online talking about you guys exploring trades with Draymond to get some value back and get some players to fill the void of losing KD and Klay and after hearing Miami talking with you guys about Dion Waiters. I wondered if this would be a trade you would consider especially if Draymond wasn't in your long term plans for the team after next season.

Draymond and Iguodala
for

So basically you'd get,

We'd get,

No....not trading Draymond.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#653 » by superunknown » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

dean456 wrote:
I appreciate the thought out response, I think it would be tough for us to offer Olynyk, JRich, Dion and 13th pick for Draymond and Iggy only because Iggy would only be cap filler for us and we likely wouldn't retain him past next season and there would be no guarantee that Draymond would even stay with us past next season and I wouldn't want us to risk losing 3 of our younger assets on the team for what could eventually be nothing. If we kept the 13th pick in that scenario then I can see that working.

JRich, Olynyk, Waiters
for
Draymond and Iggy.

you're welcome.
I got your point, if that was the case then better james johnson and that 13th pick than olynyk and no pick.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#654 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:26 pm

If we are going to tank....
Draymond Green for Pels number 4 or New Yorks #3. New York is clearly desperate for some sort of success in the trade market.

What the Warriors have been missing from the last two years is the young CHEAP stud. In order to make this all work....Warriors need the three max salaires with the relieve of the super cheap young player.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#655 » by BW32 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Yes New York didn't offer the pick for AD but will do for Draymond Green, I swear it's like you guys think we have trade override IRL.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#656 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 am

I'm calling it now: Harrison Barnes to Golden State

KD's outta here and Harrison Barnes will look for a big contact outside of Sacramento.

The Warriors will do a sign-n-trade involving Iguodala and others. Sacramento needs a vet and they don't want to lose Harrison for nothing.

The Warriors will pay out the ear, but he'll help keep the team afloat.

The Warriors will say they're doing right by Iguodala since he gets to stay in Cali and play for Walton
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#657 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:I'm calling it now: Harrison Barnes to Golden State

KD's outta here and Harrison Barnes will look for a big contact outside of Sacramento.

The Warriors will do a sign-n-trade involving Iguodala and others. Sacramento needs a vet and they don't want to lose Harrison for nothing.

The Warriors will pay out the ear, but he'll help keep the team afloat.

The Warriors will say they're doing right by Iguodala since he gets to stay in Cali and play for Walton

Why would he opt out of 25 mil to take 5.7?

Makes no sense. He wouldn't even take 16 mil from us back in the day. Now 5.7?

He wants money. He's banking on some teams missing out on bigger names. I think hes making a mistake.
Khoee wrote “
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,194

Post#658 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 am

He's 27 and a starter-level player in this league. Someone will give him a multiyear deal with more guaranteed money.

He could have opted in and be a free agent next year. But more teams have cap space this year.

I'm sure if his agent is any good, they put feelers out there or saw which teams had cap space and was looking for a 3/4.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#659 » by Coxy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am

Draymond and Iguodala
for

So basically you'd get,

We'd get,

Just, no.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,333

Post#660 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Celtics looking to dump Baynes. That would be a great pickup for us.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors