ImageImageImage

What's plan B, C, D now?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Re: What's plan B, C, D now? 

Post#81 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
31to6 wrote:I detonate nothing. Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford is a good team. Let them play and if they have some success Celtic pride and chemistry will be flowing all over the place. Will need to get lucky with the MEM pick or something (like RWill becoming Capela-like) but don’t see why that couldn’t happen. Follow the gameplans of the Raps and Warriors — be patient and build.

Yep. Feel the same. Just need some rebounding and rim protection to assist Horfie. Defensively, we're already better without Kyrie. Add some shooting off the bench.

Ultimately my plan, too. Just need to nail the draft picks and get a big in the pipeline.
But, it's fun throwing out other ideas.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,604

Post#82 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:07 am

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
31to6 wrote:I detonate nothing. Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Horford is a good team. Let them play and if they have some success Celtic pride and chemistry will be flowing all over the place. Will need to get lucky with the MEM pick or something (like RWill becoming Capela-like) but don’t see why that couldn’t happen. Follow the gameplans of the Raps and Warriors — be patient and build.

Yep. Feel the same. Just need some rebounding and rim protection to assist Horfie. Defensively, we're already better without Kyrie. Add some shooting off the bench.

Ultimately my plan, too. Just need to nail the draft picks and get a big in the pipeline.

Horford won't stick around if we don't add a top player to contend for a title.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#83 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 am

Green89 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Yep. Feel the same. Just need some rebounding and rim protection to assist Horfie. Defensively, we're already better without Kyrie. Add some shooting off the bench.

Horford won't stick around if we don't add a top player to contend for a title.

Scroll up a little. I'll get him to Dame, CJ, Hayward, Horford, Nurk land with a good bench.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 892

Post#84 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
King Of The 4th wrote:I'll take just about any plan that doesn't end in me having to watch 82+ games of Rozier manning the PG position.

I think we all know that's exactly what's going to happen. Brad and Rozier are like sons to Danny.

Reload said *paraphrasing here, you can search his posts to find the exact wording* the Celtics love Rozier and Rozier loves the Celtics. And he was a fantastic team mate this season, Stevens loves him.

Pending an absurd free agency offer it seems highly likely Rozier is coming back to this team.

Were reloads comments before or after his "Im a team cancer" media tour? He fit in well with the rest of the young guys (disliked the vets), so of course they liked him. Brad didn't even realize there were chemistry problems until it was too late, so he's not particularly credible on this issue. As for his basketball ability, I've seen enough of him to know he sucks.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,795

Post#85 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:21 am

Horf doesn’t want to play with Kyrie. Gordon, Smart, Brown and Tatum? I’ve seen him work well with those guys.

Look I hate to be maybe the first to say it but we’ve outsourced our tanking to Memphis for the year. Sack up and let’s play ball.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM

Post#86 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 am

JR Hawks wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
I think we all know that's exactly what's going to happen. Brad and Rozier are like sons to Danny.

Reload said *paraphrasing here, you can search his posts to find the exact wording* the Celtics love Rozier and Rozier loves the Celtics. And he was a fantastic team mate this season, Stevens loves him.

Pending an absurd free agency offer it seems highly likely Rozier is coming back to this team.

Were reloads comments before or after his "Im a team cancer" media tour? He fit in well with the rest of the young guys (disliked the vets), so of course they liked him. Brad didn't even realize there were chemistry problems until it was too late, so he's not particularly credible on this issue. As for his basketball ability, I've seen enough of him to know he sucks.

Terry does suck at basketball, no doubt about that.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#87 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:48 am

I want Beal. I don’t know what it would take. Anyone wanna throw out some ideas.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#88 » by ddb » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 am

If Kyrie leaves Boston doesn't need to go nuts at PG. They have Smart. Rozier is restricted so still a possibility. There are short term answers out there in free agency.
The point Hayward experiment will begin most likely at least offensively.

But important to remember that LaMelo Ball is in class if 2020, as is RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.

If Grizz pick conveys 1 of those guys will be available at 7-10.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
sarcasma
Junior
And1: 249

Post#89 » by sarcasma » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 am

Biggest problem Ainge made was falling in love with Rozier. He couldve traded Brown and Rozier for Kawhi.

First things first, I would renounce ROZIER, MORRIS, THEISS, WANNAMAKER, etc.

Next I trade Marcus Smart for a first and cap space.

Let Horford walk or get him a contract that gets us make cap space.

Use capspace to get Kemba. KEMBA would be my new PLAN A.
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,673

Post#90 » by yeahM8 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:50 am

ddb wrote:If Kyrie leaves Boston doesn't need to go nuts at PG. They have Smart. Rozier is restricted so still a possibility. There are short term answers out there in free agency.
The point Hayward experiment will begin most likely at least offensively.

But important to remember that LaMelo Ball is in class if 2020, as is RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.

If Grizz pick conveys 1 of those guys will be available at 7-10.

hey stop being rational.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#91 » by ddb » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:50 am

sarcasma wrote:Biggest problem Ainge made was falling in love with Rozier. He couldve traded Brown and Rozier for Kawhi.

First things first, I would renounce ROZIER, MORRIS, THEISS, WANNAMAKER, etc.

Next I trade Marcus Smart for a first and cap space.

Let Horford walk or get him a contract that gets us make cap space.

Use capspace to get Kemba. KEMBA would be my new PLAN A.
Common dude. No.

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#92 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 am

Plan B is (B)rown
Plan C is (C)hosen one (Tatum)
Plan D is Smart
Sign here
illmatic24
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,027

Post#93 » by illmatic24 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:I want Beal. I don’t know what it would take. Anyone wanna throw out some ideas.

I want him too but I'd have to assume Tatum, Memphis pick and more would be the starting point. Smart would also probably have to go out to match the salary, similar to most rumored Davis trade proposals. So it's not happening, unfortunately.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#94 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 am

There are scenarios where we drop far enough under the cap that we could do, like, Smart/MEM pick for Beal..
31to6
RealGM

Post#95 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:04 am

illmatic24 wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:I want Beal. I don’t know what it would take. Anyone wanna throw out some ideas.

I want him too but I'd have to assume Tatum, Memphis pick and more would be the starting point. Smart would also probably have to go out to match the salary, similar to most rumored Davis trade proposals. So it's not happening, unfortunately.

A guy like Beal is right around the peak cost it will ever take to acquire him, right now. So why even think about buying high? He’s a newly-minted All Star who’s very unlikely to be a top two player on a title team and will be due a huge contract extension. Why not just keep Jaylen, Smart, Tatum, and our potentially-valuable draft picks? Are we just hankering for some action?
celticgreenie
Junior
And1: 269

Post#96 » by celticgreenie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:12 am

Beal makes sense as he still has two years left on deal, and consolidating assets like Brown and Smart and a pick for a superior player in Beal is usually a good strategy.
KevinGamble34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,640

Post#97 » by KevinGamble34 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:18 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Youth movement with Rozier as tank commander.

This. Though 82 games of Rozier running the point will be painful, but if it leads us to a top pick I am in for it.

Hopefully Hayward shows some form and we can offload him to a contender.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:31 am

31to6 wrote:
illmatic24 wrote:

A guy like Beal is right around the peak cost it will ever take to acquire him, right now. So why even think about buying high? He’s a newly-minted All Star who’s very unlikely to be a top two player on a title team and will be due a huge contract extension. Why not just keep Jaylen, Smart, Tatum, and our potentially-valuable draft picks? Are we just hankering for some action?

Agreed. The whole goal is to get a top 5-10 player. We didn't get the last few. But, why trade for Beal who will never be one? We either develop from what we have or the draft or be ready next time one's available. Spending any assets on a guy like Beal doesn't appeal to me.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 892

Post#99 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 am

31to6 wrote:Horf doesn’t want to play with Kyrie. Gordon, Smart, Brown and Tatum? I’ve seen him work well with those guys.

Look I hate to be maybe the first to say it but we’ve outsourced our tanking to Memphis for the year. Sack up and let’s play ball.

The "outsourcing " the tank concept was a bad one with Brooklyn and the same goes for Memphis. Two lottery picks are better than one lottery pick and a treadmill team.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#100 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 am

Celtics_85 wrote:Can't believe that Ainge doesn't have plan B in action already. 18-3 I believe without Kyrie last year, they play better as team, all will be fine,

Thank you.

Plus Celtics were a better playoff team last season compared to this season. Kyrie didn’t even show up to a game 7 to support his teammates vs the Cavs in 2018 ECF.

Return to Boston Celtics