[Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#141 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Sabonis or Turner would be a good get.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#142 » by Dr_Heat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Goran Dragic , Jrich and Whiteside for the #4 ?
Who says no ?
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#143 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Did you purposely leave out big assets Wolves receiving in this trade to fit your narrative???

why would the wolves want Jrue and 4th and a future pick after giving up towns. U won't get a towns with the 4th pick and why would any rebuilding team want Jrue.

I am reading the trade as including multiple 1sts from the Lakers. The first time you ignored the Lakers 1sts, the second time you pretended it was only one 1st.

Not that I am advocating the trade, just noticing you seem to really want to ignore the Lakers 1sts part of his proposed trade.

I don't see how any of those future 1st are better than 4.

still. 4 + future 1st still doesn't get you towns. I asked for a realistic jrue holiday trade and simply put, Jrue + anything short of zion doesn't get you KAT

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#144 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Goran Dragic , Jrich and Whiteside for the #4 ?
Who says no ?

miami should say no to that. Considering that would have to take back some crap contracts

In Raptor Ball I Trust
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#145 » by karkinos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Dr_Heat wrote:Goran Dragic , Jrich and Whiteside for the #4 ?
Who says no ?

trade rules
Teams above the cap (or teams below the cap but would end up more than $100,000 over the cap following a trade) cannot acquire more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary they trade away.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#146 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:So so dumb... Don't overthink it NOP... Draft Garland. It's a no brainer.

What do you do with Lonzo and Hart then?

DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#147 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Sabonis or Turner would be a good get.

Turner for 4 would be a nice move for pelicans.

Turner + Zion front court makes some sense

In Raptor Ball I Trust
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#148 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 pm

They need to draft Garland and flip Lonzo, ideally for a pick.

Lonzo is not a good fit next to Ingram and Zion, they need someone who can shoot and is a scoring threat on the pick 'n' roll.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#149 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

For everyone asking why the Pelicans would be trying to win, they're about to draft a guy who could possibly be the best player in the league within the next 5 years. A guy that is used to winning, the last thing you want to do is put him in a situation that he's losing every 2nd night and starts thinking he has to go elsewhere to win.

I'd love to see them turn around and trade the trash they got from the Lakers in separate deals, as long as they don't send Ball to Chicago
mszymko
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#150 » by mszymko » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Disagree

It is Bol is expected to go between mid teens to mid twenties

expected and reality are two different things

i have Bol as the #2 player in the draft, and would be an incredible front court fit with Zion.

i like your optimitism and I favor Bol as well, best of luck to him and hope he finds a quality home.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#151 » by Crives » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 pm

eagereyez wrote:Why on Earth would they trade the pick? They are years away from competing. If anything they should trade Jrue to strengthen the rebuild.

Years away? I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a top 4 team in the west next year.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,938

Post#152 » by stillgotgame » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:23 pm

The West is wide open this year with GS empire crumbling. They need to go for it. Now
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Hephaestus
Senior
And1: 793

Post#153 » by Hephaestus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Crives wrote:
eagereyez wrote:Why on Earth would they trade the pick? They are years away from competing. If anything they should trade Jrue to strengthen the rebuild.

Years away? I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a top 4 team in the west next year.
Lmao
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#154 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Showdown wrote:
Catchall wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
well on his way back already

Read on Twitter

It's going to be 18 months before he's back to normal (if he ever is), then he'll have 1 more year left on his contract. I'm pretty sure that no one is going to be trading for Nurkic anytime soon.

Nonsense, when he was injured most conservative predictions are that he will need 8th monts and 3 motnhs already passed.

It's the same injury that Paul George and Gordon Hayward had. No one is trading for him until after he comes back and shows where he's at both physically and mentally.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#155 » by pcbothwel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Dan Z wrote:
baldur wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
I don't think the Wizards will trade Beal, but Ingram, Lonzo, Solomon Hill and the #4 works in the trade machine. I might offer that if I'm the Pelicans, but I'll admit...I'm not as big on Ingram and Ball as some people.

A Jrue Holiday/Bradley Beal backcourt would be quite good. I think this would also leave the Pelicans with some money to fill out the rest of the roster.

Lol. Do you even realize that package plus two late first rounders minis Hill's awful contract get you Anthony Davis?

No it doesn't. There are future picks that were involved and maybe even pick swaps. On top of that they got Josh Hart too.

Bradley Beal is a 25 year old all-star who just played in 82 games and scored 25 points per game. He's also signed on for two years. He's quite good.

:noway: :noway: :noway:

Thank you... People, say it with me now:

Once Kawhi signs, Beal is the most valuable (Available) asset in the NBA for the next 18 months.

This isnt hard.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#156 » by Showdown » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Catchall wrote:
Showdown wrote:
Catchall wrote:
It's going to be 18 months before he's back to normal (if he ever is), then he'll have 1 more year left on his contract. I'm pretty sure that no one is going to be trading for Nurkic anytime soon.

Nonsense, when he was injured most conservative predictions are that he will need 8th monts and 3 motnhs already passed.

It's the same injury that Paul George and Gordon Hayward had. No one is trading for him until after he comes back and shows where he's at both physically and mentally.

It's same as Georges and he returned after similar time , Heyward had injured nerves and other parts of the leg too so it was a different story. I am against trading him but he is on good contract so there are lot of trades that could work for team that goes for him.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#157 » by Catchall » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Showdown wrote:
Catchall wrote:
Showdown wrote:Nonsense, when he was injured most conservative predictions are that he will need 8th monts and 3 motnhs already passed.

It's same as Georges and he returned after similar time , Heyward had injured nerves and other parts of the leg too so it was a different story. I am against trading him but he is on good contract so there are lot of trades that could work for team that goes for him.

PG wasn't the same player for two years after his injury. It takes time to come back from shattering a leg like that. Technically, Nurkic could suit up a year from now, but he won't be the same player for a while. That's why teams aren't going to trade for him until they see him play.

Gordon Hayward is back too, now 19 months after his injury, but no one wants to trade for him, even if he were on a lesser contract.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#158 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Catchall wrote:
Showdown wrote:
Catchall wrote:

PG wasn't the same player for two years after his injury. It takes time to come back from shattering a leg like that. Technically, Nurkic could suit up a year from now, but he won't be the same player for a while. That's why teams aren't going to trade for him until they see him play.

Gordon Hayward is back too, now 19 months after his injury, but no one wants to trade for him, even if he were on a lesser contract.

Stop bringing up Gordon Hayward. Their injuries are nothing alike. Hayward's injury should be compared to young Steph Curry's if anything.

Also, Paul George didn't take 2 years to recover. His first full year back he was the exact same player he had been prior.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#159 » by John Murdoch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Griffin never seemed to be a guy who values picks. This trade could get real ugly fast if he starts trading for veterans.

He had a harsher timeline when LBJ was there, couldnt be trying to develop guys with such a small window to win a championship .
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#160 » by Da ThRONe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Just keep the pick and draft BPA!

Return to The General Board