ImageImageImageImageImage

End of 2019 Season Appreciation Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Re: End of 2019 Season Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by superunknown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:51 pm

the only thing that pissed me off is that, most likely, this team will not have the possibility to take its revenge next season like the cavs had in 2016 due to the nature of the injuries to KD and klay. most likely this team will have its revenge in 2021. and that sucks because, by then, some players might not be here anymore to be part of it. and because, by then, raptors could not be coming out of the east.
'cuz I have no doubt this exact team healthy, would win it all next season.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#22 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm

This year sucked, starting with the KD drama.

It would be one thing if they lost to a better team but nobody who knows basketball believes the Warriors would have lost if they were at full strength.

But it took two catastrophic injuries to beat them. It’s always extraordinary events.

If they simply lost without the injuries, they’d be poised to win next year and the years after.

Guess the basketball gods just decided Warriors had had too much success.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#23 » by superunknown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm

basketball gods can go to **** themselves this time.
they have a lot of made up to do in the upcoming years for this team.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#24 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:21 pm

so proud of this team and the fight they showed until the final buzzer. I thought I would feel more disappointment if we didn't get the threepeat than I do. What I really feel is bummed for Klay and KD having to go through surgery and all the rehab work. Overall this team has given me more than I ever dreamed of since I became a fan of the Run TMC gang. Next year should be an interesting one with the opening of the new arena and the team makeup being so up in the air.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,244

Post#25 » by Outside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:In some ways this was the most impressive of the playoff runs.

So strange to feel that way, but that's how I feel, too. What a great effort. They showed championship heart as much as any team that ever won a title.

I love these guys.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#26 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 pm

To try and put a positive spin on the injuries, I think the one good thing that might come out of this is it will make our guys hungry again. I feel like if we would have won it again they would be like "wtf do we do now? :dontknow: "
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#27 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 am

Klay took it to another level this year. He prooved that he could be given the ball and take over games without only being able to catch and shoot open shots. Even more impressive...the way he responded to pressure.

The players put it all out there ...but one could argue that they had to play TOO many minutes because the bench was god awful.

Now's it up to Myers....if you only run back Curry and Klay and Green...ya better get them some help!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors