ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving Goodbye Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Re: Kyrie Irving Thread, Part 2 -- Is he Green, or is he Gone? 

Post#341 » by Festurs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:57 pm

When you have all the talent in the world and more money then you will ever need why would you be compelled to sully your reputation by breaking your word. No matter what the situation, you cannot change the fact that Kyrie lied about staying and if he hadn’t we would of been better equipped to build our roster.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#342 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 pm

People keep saying Lakers but they don't have nearly the money that Nets, Knicks or even close to Celtics. If he's looking for a winning opportunity and has to leave Boston for one of the 3 he should go to the Nets. Woj reported that the deal would likely be finished on July 6th which means Lakers will have at most 27 million. He would be giving up over 5 million per year. They don't really have the money to clear either. They could clear all the other 4 players. But that would be Kyrie, AD, Lebron with 11 min slots plus a MLE to fill out roster.

If I'm lakers I use the 27 mil and sign 3 competent players then fill with vet mins.

Guys like Reddick, Dedmon, etc. Guys who can shoot, who can space the floor. Then you get some vet min guys like Tyson Chandler, etc to fill in roster. But if they go for a start their bench will be all vet min guys.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,053

Post#343 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm

If he goes Lakers then I may seriously only watch a handful of games next season. I can’t stomach a **** Lakers super team. Only Kawhi can save us from them celebrating.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#344 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Lakers super team is happening either way just remains to be seen if it’s kyrie kemba or jimmy butler.....god forbid kawhi ever decides to go there- it’s a wrap for the next 4 years
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#345 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:31 pm

I'd love Kyrie to go to the Lakers. It's a perfect admission of his complete fail at having his own team.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#346 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Lakers aren’t done and they are the favorites to win a title next year for a reason. They will get another star or couple of good players to join Lebron and AD. The rest is easy for them now that they got AD.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#347 » by Red2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:22 am

I think horford restructures and Kyrie re signs for one year. Then we sign and trade Rozier to Phoenix with a pick and pick up the number 6 pick which we use to get coby white
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#348 » by Floody100 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

Red2 wrote:I think horford restructures and Kyrie re signs for one year. Then we sign and trade Rozier to Phoenix with a pick and pick up the number 6 pick which we use to get coby white

Kyrie’s gone man
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#349 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:58 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:Lakers super team is happening either way just remains to be seen if it’s kyrie kemba or jimmy butler.....god forbid kawhi ever decides to go there- it’s a wrap for the next 4 years

I don't think they will be able to offer the full max, btw... Unless they dump more players, the best they'll have will be like 27 mils. With the Davis trade happening 6th of july, they'll have 21.7 mils I think.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#350 » by Zeroforwinger » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:34 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Lakers super team is happening either way just remains to be seen if it’s kyrie kemba or jimmy butler.....god forbid kawhi ever decides to go there- it’s a wrap for the next 4 years

I don't think they will be able to offer the full max, btw... Unless they dump more players, the best they'll have will be like 27 mils. With the Davis trade happening 6th of july, they'll have 21.7 mils I think.

27 is what they have if Davis waives his trade kicker. 23 if not. As others have said, not enough for a max guy. Even if they get a Kyrie or Kemba (who would leave a lot of money on the table) there’s nothing but vet minimums to fill out the roster. Everyone wants to anoint them but there’s not any logic behind it.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#351 » by WhateverBro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am

Red2 wrote:I think horford restructures and Kyrie re signs for one year. Then we sign and trade Rozier to Phoenix with a pick and pick up the number 6 pick which we use to get coby white

Why would Kyrie sign with Boston if he wanted a one year deal? :lol:
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#352 » by celtxman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 am

Festurs wrote:When you have all the talent in the world and more money then you will ever need why would you be compelled to sully your reputation by breaking your word. No matter what the situation, you cannot change the fact that Kyrie lied about staying and if he hadn’t we would of been better equipped to build our roster.

Personally I am biding my time to wait until Kyries team is final. But yes, should he leave the Celtics how he handled things will not be forgotten, trust me.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#353 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am

League wants LeBron to be the goat

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#354 » by pb-ceo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 pm

what kyrie did is not so unusual in life. it's "runaway bride" syndrome. when you're in love you say Yes I will stay with you forever and ever. but then you realize after a while that you are still hot and still 27 and there are still lots of things to do, lots of fun to be had, before you commit to someone for a long time. kyrie was "feelin it" when he said "if you'll have me". but he stopped feelin it. and when you are 28 you do that. it's human.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#355 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Zeroforwinger wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

27 is what they have if Davis waives his trade kicker. 23 if not. As others have said, not enough for a max guy. Even if they get a Kyrie or Kemba (who would leave a lot of money on the table) there’s nothing but vet minimums to fill out the roster. Everyone wants to anoint them but there’s not any logic behind it.

Actually even without another max slot as smitty has pointed out 40% of the nba players are free agents this summer and there’s not enough available cap space to pay them all or over pay and it’s a great off season to find bargain role players.

Add in the fact that it’s LeBron James who just teamed up with AD whose arguably the best superstar he’s ever had next to him at minimum in terms of potential and it’s hollywood they’ll fill out the roster just fine.

It’s one thing to hate the lakers and root against them- I do that all the time and love it but there’s also being realistic. The injuries to the warriors has opened the entire league and created a clear path to the nba finals for the lakers. It’s not annointing to them, it’s being honest.

Baring injury it will be lakers vs whoever comes out the east in the finals
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,973

Post#356 » by sam_I_am » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I'd love Kyrie to go to the Lakers. It's a perfect admission of his complete fail at having his own team.

Lebron and Kyrie probably engineered this plan 3 years ago to hook up with Davis in LA. LA makes so much more sense than NY for Kyrie if he is serious about making movies.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#357 » by Gooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 pm

pb-ceo wrote:what kyrie did is not so unusual in life. it's "runaway bride" syndrome. when you're in love you say Yes I will stay with you forever and ever. but then you realize after a while that you are still hot and still 27 and there are still lots of things to do, lots of fun to be had, before you commit to someone for a long time. kyrie was "feelin it" when he said "if you'll have me". but he stopped feelin it. and when you are 28 you do that. it's human.

Exactly. People forget Kyrie is a 27 year old man. Of course eevrybody is disappointed with the way things have turned out, but you have to keep things in perspective. It's a tough life from mental perspective, no matter how much money and fame you have. Kyrie is clearly an individual that struggles with that kind of life, and he is still searching for himself. He doesn't really know the ramifications of the things he says.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#358 » by GregB » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm

celtxman wrote:
Festurs wrote:When you have all the talent in the world and more money then you will ever need why would you be compelled to sully your reputation by breaking your word. No matter what the situation, you cannot change the fact that Kyrie lied about staying and if he hadn’t we would of been better equipped to build our roster.

Personally I am biding my time to wait until Kyries team is final. But yes, should he leave the Celtics how he handled things will not be forgotten, trust me.

He doesn’t care. He lives on another mental plain from other people. The decisions he makes are transcendent of time and space. Because that’s what geniuses do.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#359 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I'd love Kyrie to go to the Lakers. It's a perfect admission of his complete fail at having his own team.

I think Kyrie really wanted to BE LeBron in BOS and when the organization didn’t allow him to have that sort of authority he pushed back. He pushed back at the coach, he pushed back at individual players and he pushed back at the fans. I think that he wanted to be “in charge” like he saw LeBron doing and when he wasn’t allowed to he pouted. I’m guessing there are a bunch of stories that will eventually come out.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#360 » by robdog_5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Its amazing to me that half the people involved in NBA dont understand how the money works. Lakers can't sign a max guy. Unless they trade all 4 guys besides lebron and ad they have on their roster. Plus If the deal goes into effect before July 31st basically July 6th they just can't get there financially.

Return to Boston Celtics