ImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving Goodbye Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Re: Kyrie Irving Thread, Part 2 -- Is he Green, or is he Gone? 

Post#361 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Zeroforwinger wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
I don't think they will be able to offer the full max, btw... Unless they dump more players, the best they'll have will be like 27 mils. With the Davis trade happening 6th of july, they'll have 21.7 mils I think.

27 is what they have if Davis waives his trade kicker. 23 if not. As others have said, not enough for a max guy. Even if they get a Kyrie or Kemba (who would leave a lot of money on the table) there’s nothing but vet minimums to fill out the roster. Everyone wants to anoint them but there’s not any logic behind it.

Actually even without another max slot as smitty has pointed out 40% of the nba players are free agents this summer and there’s not enough available cap space to pay them all or over pay and it’s a great off season to find bargain role players.

Add in the fact that it’s LeBron James who just teamed up with AD whose arguably the best superstar he’s ever had next to him at minimum in terms of potential and it’s hollywood they’ll fill out the roster just fine.

It’s one thing to hate the lakers and root against them- I do that all the time and love it but there’s also being realistic. The injuries to the warriors has opened the entire league and created a clear path to the nba finals for the lakers. It’s not annointing to them, it’s being honest.

Baring injury it will be lakers vs whoever comes out the east in the finals

Wouldn’t put that in the books just yet. Lebron is getting older. I am also not ruling out Houston, kawahi with the clips, and Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#362 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Curious, if Kyrie had a change of heart and said he wanted to return, would you guys want him back?
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#363 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm

GregB wrote:
celtxman wrote:
Festurs wrote:When you have all the talent in the world and more money then you will ever need why would you be compelled to sully your reputation by breaking your word. No matter what the situation, you cannot change the fact that Kyrie lied about staying and if he hadn’t we would of been better equipped to build our roster.

Personally I am biding my time to wait until Kyries team is final. But yes, should he leave the Celtics how he handled things will not be forgotten, trust me.

He doesn’t care. He lives on another mental plain from other people. The decisions he makes are transcendent of time and space. Because that’s what geniuses do.

Lol.

He does seem a bit weird. Doesn’t he? He had immortality in his grasp, and went to Brooklyn?

Wtf does that? He will never get another superstar to Brooklyn, he won’t ever be in the finals again. Essentially, he created his own treadmill team. It makes absolutely no sense.

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#364 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Zeroforwinger wrote:
27 is what they have if Davis waives his trade kicker. 23 if not. As others have said, not enough for a max guy. Even if they get a Kyrie or Kemba (who would leave a lot of money on the table) there’s nothing but vet minimums to fill out the roster. Everyone wants to anoint them but there’s not any logic behind it.

Actually even without another max slot as smitty has pointed out 40% of the nba players are free agents this summer and there’s not enough available cap space to pay them all or over pay and it’s a great off season to find bargain role players.

Add in the fact that it’s LeBron James who just teamed up with AD whose arguably the best superstar he’s ever had next to him at minimum in terms of potential and it’s hollywood they’ll fill out the roster just fine.

It’s one thing to hate the lakers and root against them- I do that all the time and love it but there’s also being realistic. The injuries to the warriors has opened the entire league and created a clear path to the nba finals for the lakers. It’s not annointing to them, it’s being honest.

Wouldn’t put that in the books just yet. Lebron is getting older. I am also not ruling out Houston, kawahi with the clips, and Portland.

Yes. If Lebron gets injured sure that will hurt things. I’ll never ever in my life bet on James harden against Lebron in the playoffs in a big spot. and I’ll take him and AD over dame and Cj or kawhi with the the clips also. Am I happy saying that? No. do I want to be wrong? Yup.

It’s right there for the taking and they’ll fill out the roster with ring chasers and solid role players who see them as the best chance to get s ring and also enjoy the weather in LA.
jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#365 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:50 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:Curious, if Kyrie had a change of heart and said he wanted to return, would you guys want him back?

I can say this honestly, I dont think I do. I think it is beyond repair. Boston fans are loyal, but they love their team. Kyrie messed with the team when he said talk to in July (ruined Boston season to be honest) and then refused to give the Celtics the info that he was resigning.

AD dream is gone. Why should we want Kyrie here? He isn’t one of the top 10 players to ever put on the Boston uniform. He isn’t good enough to hold our franchise hostage like that.

Let’s just part ways. I hope Brooklyn works out for him.

jfs1000d
RealGM

Kyrie Irving Thread, Part 2 -- Is he Green, or is he Gone? 

Post#366 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:51 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Yes. If Lebron gets injured sure that will hurt things. I’ll never ever in my life bet on James harden against Lebron in the playoffs in a big spot. and I’ll take him and AD over dame and Cj or kawhi with the the clips also. Am I happy saying that? No. do I want to be wrong? Yup.

It’s right there for the taking and they’ll fill out the roster with ring chasers and solid role players who see them as the best chance to get s ring and also enjoy the weather in LA.

I am taking kawahi over anyone. That’s a pamper who can carry you. Lebron is older. He might have one year in him, or two. But Father Time is the GOAT, and undefeated.

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#367 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

I am taking kawahi over anyone. That’s a pamper who can carry you. Lebron is older. He might have one year in him, or two. But Father Time is the GOAT, and undefeated.

Yes kawhi right now is amazing. And recency bias sure makes that even more topical given his playoff run. And if was kawhi vs bron only I’d go with you- now Lebron has AD who will be engaged and motivated to play harder than ever. It’s a wrap
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#368 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Yes kawhi right now is amazing. And recency bias sure makes that even more topical given his playoff run. And if was kawhi vs bron only I’d go with you- now Lebron has AD who will be engaged and motivated to play harder than ever. It’s a wrap

you watch Lebron last year?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#369 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Yes I did. Saw a player that while not near his old form is still absolutely fantastic. At worst if he’s not number 1 anymore what is he? 4-5 and now he has AD. HIS biggest weakness was his defense and now having AD Behind him in the paint is gonna help him and his team tremendously.

I hate Lebron and I root against him always but to say he’s still not one of the very top players in the league capable of greatness in the playoffs anymore is just blind homer optimism. Now he has another legit top 5 guy with him who will kill it in the pick and roll, lobs , and again help with the non existent defense and allow more rest during the regular season.

Separate our hate for Lebron and the lakers and be objective. It’s clear as day.
Too many optimists here or people who let their passion overtake sound reasoning. Same posters that had people thinking we get AD for Jaylen brown or not to trade Jaylen brown for kawhi bc we already have the young kawhi in brown.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#370 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:Curious, if Kyrie had a change of heart and said he wanted to return, would you guys want him back?

A week ago I would’ve said, “Yes 100%”. Today I’m not so sure. Without another All-NBA guy to pair him up with I’m not sure its worth the drama.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#371 » by gocelts » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:10 pm

No. He's gone. He was a huge mistake and we need to move on. Not blaming Ainge for trying to make it work...but it didn't.

Super disingenuous of him to hint he would resign after missing the last years playoffs due to injury...then he let the media get out of control mid season when he could have controlled the narrative...but ultimately if Kyrie told Ainge that he would stay if we got Davis, we would have made stronger offer and we'd have Davis now with Kyrie. Now, the Lakers got him. Its done. Kyrie didnt want to be on the team when we tried to build around him and we missed out on Davis because of him.
~gocelts
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#372 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Yes, but only so I could trade him in December for value.
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#373 » by amory87 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:35 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
GregB wrote:
celtxman wrote:Personally I am biding my time to wait until Kyries team is final. But yes, should he leave the Celtics how he handled things will not be forgotten, trust me.

He doesn’t care. He lives on another mental plain from other people. The decisions he makes are transcendent of time and space. Because that’s what geniuses do.

Lol.

He does seem a bit weird. Doesn’t he? He had immortality in his grasp, and went to Brooklyn?

Wtf does that? He will never get another superstar to Brooklyn, he won’t ever be in the finals again. Essentially, he created his own treadmill team. It makes absolutely no sense.

He's a grass-is-greener guy. It's pretty clear now. When has he ever been consistently happy? The Cavs sucked when he was the de facto leader right out of college, then his desire to be a #1 player got steamrolled when LeBron came back and apparently he had issues with that despite the team's success, then he demands a trade and gets the keys handed to him in a better situation in Boston than he frankly deserved and he still screwed that all up in 2 brief years, and so he's going to throw his Celtic jersey in the garbage and start fresh again.

And the really frustrating part is, the Celtics have given him no reason whatsoever to be jumping ship. If there are guys he wanted gone, I have no doubt in my mind Ainge would've shipped them out in an AD deal this offseason if Kyrie were at all considering coming back. Even if that included Tatum. The Celtics have treated him like their bonafide superstar from day one (which he honestly isn't) and for some reason he still spent most of his time here moping.

I actually thought when he demanded a trade from Cleveland he was fairly justified, since he didn't want to be left holding the bag in Cleveland of all places after LeBron left. But since then it's become clear that he's just a malcontent. Whether he goes to Brooklyn or LA or wherever else, he'll have a huge smile on his face at the intro presser, but within the first couple months you'll start to hear about why Kyrie's unhappy with his teammates or the coach or the playing time or how they're using him or whatever else.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#374 » by 3D Chess » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 pm

amory87 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
GregB wrote:

Lol.

He's a grass-is-greener guy. It's pretty clear now. When has he ever been consistently happy? The Cavs sucked when he was the de facto leader right out of college, then his desire to be a #1 player got steamrolled when LeBron came back and apparently he had issues with that despite the team's success, then he demands a trade and gets the keys handed to him in a better situation in Boston than he frankly deserved and he still screwed that all up in 2 brief years, and so he's going to throw his Celtic jersey in the garbage and start fresh again.

And the really frustrating part is, the Celtics have given him no reason whatsoever to be jumping ship. If there are guys he wanted gone, I have no doubt in my mind Ainge would've shipped them out in an AD deal this offseason if Kyrie were at all considering coming back. Even if that included Tatum. The Celtics have treated him like their bonafide superstar from day one (which he honestly isn't) and for some reason he still spent most of his time here moping.

I actually thought when he demanded a trade from Cleveland he was fairly justified, since he didn't want to be left holding the bag in Cleveland of all places after LeBron left. But since then it's become clear that he's just a malcontent. Whether he goes to Brooklyn or LA or wherever else, he'll have a huge smile on his face at the intro presser, but within the first couple months you'll start to hear about why Kyrie's unhappy with his teammates or the coach or the playing time or how they're using him or whatever else.

Great post. If Danny were reading it, I bet he'd be nodding along the whole way.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#375 » by 3D Chess » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:42 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Yes, but only so I could trade him in December for value.

This would be pretty funny, and I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall when Danny tells him he has been dealt to Cleveland/Phoenix/Memphis/Siberia to play out his 5 year deal. lol
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#376 » by Drax » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes 100%, Kyrie might be a weird dude and not a leader in the lockerroom but he is a pretty great basketball player.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#377 » by Taget » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm

WhateverBro wrote:
Red2 wrote:I think horford restructures and Kyrie re signs for one year. Then we sign and trade Rozier to Phoenix with a pick and pick up the number 6 pick which we use to get coby white

Why would Kyrie sign with Boston if he wanted a one year deal? :lol:

Get max money to wait for Durant to recover. A better question is why would WE do that?
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#378 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Lebron is declining. He can’t play like a monster every night, has load management, and some games his body doesn’t bring it.

I love Lebron as a player. Big fan because he is great. He is 35 in December. I think Larry bird was retired, or nearly, at that age. Lebron is gonna breakdown.

jfs1000d
RealGM

Post#379 » by jfs1000d » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Yes I did. Saw a player that while not near his old form is still absolutely fantastic. At worst if he’s not number 1 anymore what is he? 4-5 and now he has AD. HIS biggest weakness was his defense and now having AD Behind him in the paint is gonna help him and his team tremendously.

I hate Lebron and I root against him always but to say he’s still not one of the very top players in the league capable of greatness in the playoffs anymore is just blind homer optimism. Now he has another legit top 5 guy with him who will kill it in the pick and roll, lobs , and again help with the non existent defense and allow more rest during the regular season.

Separate our hate for Lebron and the lakers and be objective. It’s clear as day.
Too many optimists here or people who let their passion overtake sound reasoning. Same posters that had people thinking we get AD for Jaylen brown or not to trade Jaylen brown for kawhi bc we already have the young kawhi in brown.

Darth, you are right, but I think Lebron has 2 years , MAX at this level. And, he can’t get hurt.

I just think the Lakers had to do it, but they aren’t a 5 year team. This is a 3-year run. Who wants that?

If healthy, the team is 55 wins and up. But I don’t think they will be dominant.

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#380 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:you watch Lebron last year?

Darth, you are right, but I think Lebron has 2 years , MAX at this level. And, he can’t get hurt.

I just think the Lakers had to do it, but they aren’t a 5 year team. This is a 3-year run. Who wants that?

If healthy, the team is 55 wins and up. But I don’t think they will be dominant.

They'll make the playoffs finally, but I just don't see 23 million as enough to build a team around AD/Lebron/Kuzma. Who's going to spread the floor? Lebron 33.9% from 3 last year, Kuzma 30%, AD, 33.1%. If some top flight free agent signs for 20m a year and a lot of ring chasing 3pt shooting vets sign on for vet min, ok.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets

Return to Boston Celtics