ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: 2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread 

Post#621 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:02 am

Netaman wrote:Definitely loses some luster without the #17, however if they need more room perhaps we will see Dinwiddie dealt for a lotto pick.

The timing of this deal is strange to me only in the sense that Marks seems to have some urgency to get **** started. I was pretty reserved thinking this offseason would end up being pretty laid back but after today it seems the Marksman is all in on something.

#27 and #31 can probab;y get us in the 22 range... which is where we took levert and allen
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#622 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:51 am

Prokorov wrote:
Netaman wrote:Definitely loses some luster without the #17, however if they need more room perhaps we will see Dinwiddie dealt for a lotto pick.

The timing of this deal is strange to me only in the sense that Marks seems to have some urgency to get **** started. I was pretty reserved thinking this offseason would end up being pretty laid back but after today it seems the Marksman is all in on something.

#27 and #31 can probab;y get us in the 22 range... which is where we took levert and allen

Given the speculation around OKC wanting to trade out of the 1st, #31 & a future 2 may get you to #21. Would we want that extra cap hit on the books though?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#623 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:38 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Given the speculation around OKC wanting to trade out of the 1st, #31 & a future 2 may get you to #21. Would we want that extra cap hit on the books though?

i dont think the cap hit matters... i know everyone is doing the math down to the cent but if kyrie and kd want to be here i dont think 2-4 million between the two will stop them. i can even see kyrie taking less on a shorter deal so he can get his 10 year supermax in a couple seasons
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#624 » by Netaman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm starting to really like the way this draft sets up for us. It doesn't seem crazy that someone we're really high on could fall to a spot within reach of a trade up (Little, Rui, Clarke, Washington, maybe even Hunter).

In our range Chuma Okeke and Grant Williams seemingly would fit really well as developmental pieces in the front court. If we stay put 1 of those guys would probably be realistic hope at #27. Kabengele seems like he's moving up a little higher than our range but who knows.

All of the euros bigs are interesting but where they get picked seems unpredictable.

And the wing prospects we've been linked to are interesting too - Windler, Dort, Bazley.

Any 2 of the above, plus Kyrie, plus a stop gap PF (like Green), and that's a 50+ win team with lots of pieces for a "final move" a la Kawhi to the Raps in the future.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#625 » by Paradise » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Bazley is extremely high on our radar.

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#626 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Paradise wrote:Bazley is extremely high on our radar.

Read on Twitter

look at the length and ball handling ability. SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#627 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:look at the length and ball handling ability. SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW.

Interesting...Bazley skipped college with people thinking he would go right to the G-league but instead took the year to work with klutch sports privately. he had some vids working out with lebron in LA last year.

i know nothing about him other then he had hype skipping college to go to the g-league but then didnt.

for the draft i trust the nets 100%. and with pick 27/31 i expect guys to not pan out so im all for taking chances on euros and kids like this
Netaman
Analyst

Post#628 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I think like last year we will end up with 1 developmental prospect and 1 rotation player (likely a big).

Bazley, Dort, Okeke, Saminic would be the pool I'd be guessing from right now. If Grant Williams falls I think they'd love him. Kabengele & Claxton make sense.

All in all not all that different from the quality of player/types of guys we'd be talking about at #17. This does seem to be a pretty flat draft.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#629 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Netaman wrote:I think like last year we will end up with 1 developmental prospect and 1 rotation player (likely a big).

Bazley, Dort, Okeke, Saminic would be the pool I'd be guessing from right now. If Grant Williams falls I think they'd love him. Kabengele & Claxton make sense.

All in all not all that different from the quality of player/types of guys we'd be talking about at #17. This does seem to be a pretty flat draft.

the late/second round talent in this draft is putrid. who we would/could of gotten at 17 i think would have been a drastically better player. so i can see why we would go with someone like bazley and hope it pans out
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#630 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Bazley is extremely high on our radar.

Read on Twitter

look at the length and ball handling ability. SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW.

Hell yea ! 6'10 height near 7'0 wingspan and 8'11 standing reach with crazy athleticism and can dribble , perfect prospect for us. Good find Paradise, I had no idea about this kid at all. I hope he falls to us.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#631 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Netaman wrote:I think like last year we will end up with 1 developmental prospect and 1 rotation player (likely a big).

the late/second round talent in this draft is putrid. who we would/could of gotten at 17 i think would have been a drastically better player. so i can see why we would go with someone like bazley and hope it pans out

Most analysts have said this draft is very flat 10-30. Vecenie's latest mock has us taking Kabengele, who he says could go anywhere from #10-#30. He also has Grant Williams going 1 pick later (who is 15th on his board).
https://theathletic.com/1031345/2019/06/18/vecenie-2019-nba-mock-draft-6-0-live-updates-projecting-the-field-reacting-to-trade-talk/

Other notables are Clarke going #17 to Atlanta at our old pick, Saminic going #19 to SA, Claxton going #20, Windler #28, Dort #32, and Bazley #36.

Any 2 of tat group would be good with me, though I wouldn't be shocked to see Marks move up this year if he's got someone he really likes better than the rest. I'll trust whatever he does at the draft, he's obviously been lights out.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#632 » by Claud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Marks can definitely work his magic with our picks.

Samanic, Bazley, etc would be great addition to our core.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#633 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:14 pm

I don’t think Bailey or Samanic will fall to us if we keep our current draft slots. I think we’re going to have to move up. Bazley possesses too much raw talent to slip to 27/31. Someone else will grab him before then. IMO, he’s got lotto talent and the only reason why he’s not there is because he didn’t take the traditional route to get to the league.

I think teams will soon start to realize that prioritizing players from the NCAA over players who take non-traditional routes despite being of similar skill sets is foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#634 » by Stone » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Anyone going to the Draft at the Barclays?.......I saw some cheap tickets and might pull the trigger.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#635 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:58 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I don’t think Bailey or Samanic will fall to us if we keep our current draft slots. I think we’re going to have to move up. Bazley possesses too much raw talent to slip to 27/31. Someone else will grab him before then. IMO, he’s got lotto talent and the only reason why he’s not there is because he didn’t take the traditional route to get to the league.

I think teams will soon start to realize that prioritizing players from the NCAA over players who take non-traditional routes despite being of similar skill sets is foolish.

there HAS to be some prejudice about what Bailey did. I'm looking at a kid with some smooth handle at 6'9 and ridiculous length. There is no way in hell he should be around when the Nets pick.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#636 » by bud29 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:17 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I don’t think Bailey or Samanic will fall to us if we keep our current draft slots. I think we’re going to have to move up. Bazley possesses too much raw talent to slip to 27/31. Someone else will grab him before then. IMO, he’s got lotto talent and the only reason why he’s not there is because he didn’t take the traditional route to get to the league.

there HAS to be some prejudice about what Bailey did. I'm looking at a kid with some smooth handle at 6'9 and ridiculous length. There is no way in hell he should be around when the Nets pick.

Bazley is this year's Mitchell Robinson. Going to be penalized for not having college tape but he has some fantastic potential. I'm really hoping we get him - Samanic at 27 and Bazley at 31 would be a great draft, IMO.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#637 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 am

draft the best shooting prospect available... whether its a stretch big or a wing player... we need to re-up on our shooters...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#638 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 am

Samanic had my interest from the start around here at this pick(before it became our only #1)

KZ was someone I was also intrigued by... but that kid from Belmont should be looked at or any other high rated shooter available...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#639 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 am

bud29 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Bazley is this year's Mitchell Robinson. Going to be penalized for not having college tape but he has some fantastic potential. I'm really hoping we get him - Samanic at 27 and Bazley at 31 would be a great draft, IMO.
IMO because teams missed out on Mitchell Robinson, they will overcorrect and jump early to get this guy.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see some team draft him towards the end of the lottery.

And since we know about him and can see the obvious talent, I'm pretty sure GMs of other teams see him too. Given Marks track record with drafting, I could totally see another team just monitoring who were interested in and pick the player we want ahead of us. Obviously, teams can't replicate our development program, but they may believe that the draftee has enough will and determination to become great on their own even without having our comprehensive system of development at their disposal.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#640 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Reminder - all draftaholics are invited to participate in the RealGM draft contest held in the NBA Draft forum viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1851030. You can choose to do just the lottery picks or the entire 1st round. Scoring is 4 points for every correct pick, 2 points if you're 1 off, and 1 point if you're 2 off. Just post your picks there to participate, and you can edit them up until 1 hour before the draft. Enjoy!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Brooklyn Nets