[Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: [Woj] Pelicans could trade the #4 pick 

Post#181 » by Crives » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Metallikid wrote:They're going to take the Hawks trade which is the right move. #4 for #8 and #10

Hawks take Culver?
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#182 » by Rainwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Crives wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Crives wrote:
Years away? I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a top 4 team in the west next year.

haha, I don't know if you are being serious, lol.

Pelicans have the assets to add a star. Zion + Jrue + 3rd star has potential to be a top 4 team in the west ..especially when you add in their depth.

They will be rebuilding, i don't see them pursuing a star. And honestly they should be, if not already, looking to trade Jru. Historically, you don't get an older star to pair with a draft pick you believe will be the future of the team. Despite what many may think of Zion, its going to take years for him to become what many believe he will be. Most star players don't want to wait around for draft picks to grow and there are plenty of examples of that. Be it LBJ with Wiggins, Tmac with Dwight or one could even say Anthony and Zion after he found out they got the pick. Additionally, you don't want the pressure of winning on your young players in the first few years hence why rebuilding is ideal for Zion.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#183 » by Rainwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm

baldur wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
baldur wrote:
the same reason why they dont trade jrue.

Who says they won't trade Jrue?

griffin.

Jrue should be gone, it would make no sense to keep him.
Crives
General Manager

Post#184 » by Crives » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Rainwater wrote:
Crives wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
haha, I don't know if you are being serious, lol.

Pelicans have the assets to add a star. Zion + Jrue + 3rd star has potential to be a top 4 team in the west ..especially when you add in their depth.

They will be rebuilding, i don't see them pursuing a star. And honestly they should be, if not already, looking to trade Jru. Historically, you don't get an older star to pair with a draft pick you believe will be the future of the team. Despite what many may think of Zion, its going to take years for him to become what many believe he will be. Most star players don't want to wait around for draft picks to grow and there are plenty of examples of that. Be it LBJ with Wiggins, Tmac with Dwight or one could even say Anthony and Zion after he found out they got the pick. Additionally, you don't want the pressure of winning on your young players in the first few years hence why rebuilding is ideal for Zion.

I won’t argue with that as I feel the same way
But... that’s not the message coming from Griffin. Sounds like they want to add another star (maybe Beal) and start competing immediately.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#185 » by Rainwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Crives wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Crives wrote:

I won’t argue with that as I feel the same way
But... that’s not the message coming from Griffin. Sounds like they want to add another star (maybe Beal) and start competing immediately.

Griffin is lying. He should know this personally after LbJ forced him to trade Wiggns for love, lol. I think he trying he is trying to save face with the NO fanbase, lol. This will be a process.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#186 » by Rainwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Smirk wrote:Why does everyone assume we are “rebuilding”?

Because you are, lol. Most teams don't trade their best player for a draft pick, even if its the first pick, and expect to be contending, lol. They are rebuilding.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#187 » by Rainwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:35 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
they're literally wrong every year.

Tell me the last time a player expected to end up at the bottom of the draft ends up at top the draft a week before the draft, lol. That doesn't happen very often if at all.

except no one really knows where Bol is gonna end up, it's a wild card...i mean u can trade down from 4 and nab him later, but for me I wouldn't take the risk, I'd take him at four. if you disagree that's fine.

Btw i would like you to know i like bol bol really good player, very underrated
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#188 » by Metallikid » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 am

Crives wrote:
Metallikid wrote:They're going to take the Hawks trade which is the right move. #4 for #8 and #10

Hawks take Culver?

Oh I have no idea; prospects, college basketball and the draft are my least knowledgeable basketball area.

I just know that a #4 for #8 + #10 seems like a fair basketball trade if that top 4 pick gets you the player you want. I mean, in the end isn't this trade or this pick going to be what decides if the Trae Young trade was worth it? Sure Doncic will likely have the better career but getting the 2nd best player in the draft is pretty damn good too.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#189 » by walk with me » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:41 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:Goran Dragic , Jrich and Whiteside for the #4 ?
Who says no ?

What movie us this from lol?
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 963

Post#190 » by BuddyBuckets » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:48 am

[list=][/list]
Rainwater wrote:
baldur wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Who says they won't trade Jrue?

griffin.

.. In 2k.

Hes the heart and soul of the team, complete professional on and off the court. He's the role model for these young guys.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#191 » by Rainwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:54 am

BuddyBuckets wrote:[list=][/list]
Rainwater wrote:
baldur wrote:
griffin.

.. In 2k.

Hes the heart and soul of the team, complete professional on and off the court. He's the role model for these young guys.

From a personal standpoint it a makes sense to keep him but if you can get assets for him and you can clear the cap space you should trade him. Makes the most business sense
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Post#192 » by DaPessimist » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am

Pelicans need to take their time. Jumping the gun with Davis was probably their biggest mistake. Young players don't win in the NBA. Even insane talent takes time to mature.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#193 » by baldur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 am

Rainwater wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

.. In 2k.

From a personal standpoint it a makes sense to keep him but if you can get assets for him and you can clear the cap space you should trade
him. Makes the most business sense

I don't understand the idea of rebuilding teams clearing space? Not to mention it is a small team market. Why? So they need to get rid of jrue because they will max Kevin Durant?

The idea of trading jrue makes a lot of sense but the main purpose is not clearing space.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#194 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 am

Crives wrote:

Hawks take Culver?

My bet would be Cam Reddish.

They already have Huerter at SG and just traded Prince away. Not to mention Cam being a "sexier" pick with more upside.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#195 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

walk with me wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Who says no ?

The Professional... Classic
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#196 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

Crives wrote:

Hawks take Culver?

They already have Huerter at SG and just traded Prince away. Not to mention Cam being a "sexier" pick with more upside.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,948

Post#197 » by DayofMourning » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

walk with me wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Who says no ?

The Professional
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#198 » by Rainwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 am

baldur wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

.. In 2k.

From a personal standpoint it a makes sense to keep him but if you can get assets for him and you can clear the cap space you should trade

I don't understand the idea of rebuilding teams clearing space? Not to mention it is a small team market. Why? So they need to get rid of jrue because they will max Kevin Durant?

The idea of trading jrue makes a lot of sense but the main purpose is not clearing space.

It's when you think you are ready to compete you have the cap space to throw money. Just because you are small market you should roll over and die??? Cap spaces give you the chance and money to offer doesn't mean it won't happen.
Crives
General Manager

Post#199 » by Crives » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Crives wrote:

Hawks take Culver?

Reddish should be there at 8 though.
If I’m Atlanta I keep 8/10, doesn’t feel worth giving up for #4. Take Reddish or Hunter at 8 and then maybe a big like Hayes at 10.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#200 » by baldur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 am

Rainwater wrote:
baldur wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

It's when you think you are ready to compete you have the cap space to throw money. Just because you are small market you should roll over and die??? Cap spaces give you the chance and money to offer doesn't mean it won't happen.

Ingram's 4th year
Ball's 3rd year.
As a rookie Zion will be impactful.
If Bradley Beal report is true, obviously they are trying to compete straight away.

Return to The General Board