Welcome Jimmy Butler

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Zander
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Welcome Jimmy Butler 

Post#1601 » by Zander » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:35 pm

LOLOL

Jimmy Butler is a terrible fit paired with James harden.

These reporters just make s*** up sometimes.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#1602 » by kingofthecourt67 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:36 pm

This isn’t 2k lol. Houston has a 0% chance of getting Jimmy Butler or anyone remotely resembling a top 50 player with their current roster situation.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,624

Post#1603 » by AirP. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Sixerscan wrote:So why didnt they get Butler last year?

You seem to have all the quotes supporting theories about how things are gonna go poorly for the Sixers yet never appear when rumors that are good for the Sixers show up... what happened to butler going to play with Kyrie? Or was it Lebron?

I'm just offering up info when I see it, sorry to see that information bothers you.

Why didn't Houston get him last year, my guess is that at the time Minnesota wasn't rebuilding so 4 mid to late 1st rounders didn't make sense to them, they wanted multiple rotation players and Houston didn't want to give that up for a possible rental.

On Butler wanting to team up with Irving (not LeBron), he has said in the past he'd want to do that and went to Minnesota's front office to see if that could be done when Kyrie asked to be traded from Cleveland. The problem with him teaming up with Irving in Brooklyn, the money vs the upgrade might not make sense for Brooklyn. They may part with D-Lo (for next to nothing if not nothing) to upgrade to Kyrie, but they still have Dinwiddie(PG/SG), LeVert(SG), Harris(SG/SF) and now Prince(SF/PF) to handle the SG/SF duties.

Personally, I'd rather see Butler resign in Philly if he was going to be utilized as the main option, Philly is a strong title contender with that Embiid/Butler combo but I could understand him not wanting to stay with the way B.Brown utilized him last year in the regular season and the 1st round of the playoffs and possibly seeing the same usage this season. Brown took a long time to alter the offense to utilize Butler some more and even then Butler basically was the 3rd/4th option till the 4th quarter. Embiid was #1, a lot of the time when JJ was on the court the plays were run with him as the #1 option, then, of course, Simmons having the ball in his hands when he wasn't in the dunker's spot. Simmons' lack of a solid jumper(not just taking them) really limits what this team can do.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,750

Post#1604 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Alright, I'll say it. Chris Paul for Jimmy Butler. Not sure if the numbers work, but there seems to be a 1) desire for Chris to leave and 2) Jimmy has some kind of interest in going home. What's the thought process on this trade?

Would be 2 more years of Chris Paul at 35 years old which would give us more flexibility than to commit to 5 years of Jimmy.

I haven't kept my finger on the pulse of Chris Paul nor his injury situation the past two years, but he does provide something this team is sorely lacking: half court point guard presence.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,050

Post#1605 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:50 pm

AirP. wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:So why didnt they get Butler last year?

You seem to have all the quotes supporting theories about how things are gonna go poorly for the Sixers yet never appear when rumors that are good for the Sixers show up... what happened to butler going to play with Kyrie? Or was it Lebron?

I'm just offering up info when I see it, sorry to see that information bothers you.

Why didn't Houston get him last year, my guess is that at the time Minnesota wasn't rebuilding so 4 mid to late 1st rounders didn't make sense to them, they wanted multiple rotation players and Houston didn't want to give that up for a possible rental.

On Butler wanting to team up with Irving (not LeBron), he has said in the past he'd want to do that and went to Minnesota's front office to see if that could be done when Kyrie asked to be traded from Cleveland. The problem with him teaming up with Irving in Brooklyn, the money vs the upgrade might not make sense for Brooklyn. They may part with D-Lo (for next to nothing if not nothing) to upgrade to Kyrie, but they still have Dinwiddie(PG/SG), LeVert(SG), Harris(SG/SF) and now Prince(SF/PF) to handle the SG/SF duties.

Personally, I'd rather see Butler resign in Philly if he was going to be utilized as the main option, Philly is a strong title contender with that Embiid/Butler combo but I could understand him not wanting to stay with the way B.Brown utilized him last year in the regular season and the 1st round of the playoffs and possibly seeing the same usage this season. Brown took a long time to alter the offense to utilize Butler some more and even then Butler basically was the 3rd/4th option till the 4th quarter. Embiid was #1, a lot of the time when JJ was on the court the plays were run with him as the #1 option, then, of course, Simmons having the ball in his hands when he wasn't in the dunker's spot. Simmons' lack of a solid jumper(not just taking them) really limits what this team can do.

I just think it’s tough in terms of the CBA. I get that it’s literally possible but the team they would have left after cutting all that salary trading the picks and adding Jimmy would make the Lakers look deep. I’m not sure the reporter really contemplated all that when he tweeted that out.

Also there are zero reports that jimmy wants out or has a desperate desire to play for the Rockets.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,050

Post#1606 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Alright, I'll say it. Chris Paul for Jimmy Butler. Not sure if the numbers work, but there seems to be a 1) desire for Chris to leave and 2) Jimmy has some kind of interest in going home. What's the thought process on this trade?

Would be 2 more years of Chris Paul at 35 years old which would give us more flexibility than to commit to 5 years of Jimmy.

I haven't kept my finger on the pulse of Chris Paul nor his injury situation the past two years, but he does provide something this team is sorely lacking: half court point guard presence.

Paul has 3 years left. He’s gonna be older next year than Butler would be on the 5th year of his deal. He’d also make $6 million more than Butler would make next year, so zap that money up too.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1607 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Alright, I'll say it. Chris Paul for Jimmy Butler. Not sure if the numbers work, but there seems to be a 1) desire for Chris to leave and 2) Jimmy has some kind of interest in going home. What's the thought process on this trade?

Paul has 3 years left. He’s gonna be older next year than Butler would be on the 5th year of his deal. He’d also make $6 million more than Butler would make next year, so zap that money up too.

Ah, I was looking at that incorrectly on spotrac.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,624

Post#1608 » by AirP. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I just think it’s tough in terms of the CBA. I get that it’s literally possible but the team they would have left after cutting all that salary trading the picks and adding Jimmy would make the Lakers look deep. I’m not sure the reporter really contemplated all that when he tweeted that out.

Also there are zero reports that jimmy wants out or has a desperate desire to play for the Rockets.

Morey is one of the few GMs I think could find the cap space IF Butler wanted to sign there, but once again, it only can happen if Butler is willing to sign there, he's never really mentioned wanting to go play near home.

I only think Butler considers his options if Philly opens up with anything less then the max.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1609 » by cool93 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:00 pm

If I were a mod, I would ban you for this
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1610 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 pm

cool93 wrote:

If I were a mod, I would ban you for this

Lol, just wanted to hear the rationale behind not wanting him.

That said, really hoping we don’t lose Butler for nothing!
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Post#1611 » by Arsenal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Still a bit concerned about losing Jimmy to the Lakers, assuming they open up a MAX slot. They could sign him to the MAX and then sign a 3&D PG like Patrick Beverley with their room exception. Then they have:

PG Beverley
SG Butler
SF Shadow
PF Kuzma
CE Davis

Then they fill out the bench w/vet mins. However that starting 5 is formidable, and that's what counts in the playoffs.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,045

Post#1612 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:39 am

Sixerscan wrote:

Paul's deal is gross, only way you do that is if you can get a Lakers type package of picks from them where you get swap rights from now till 2031 :lol:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#1613 » by the_process » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 am

It’s really hard to believe Jimmy walks away from 5-188.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Post#1614 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:35 am

Paul is a bigger **** than Jimmy and is washed as ****.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,573

Post#1615 » by FireMorey » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:42 am

Chris Paul is untradeable. I just don't see how the Rockets even get rid of him.
Zander
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1616 » by Zander » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 am

the_process wrote:It’s really hard to believe Jimmy walks away from 5-188.

He won't
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#1617 » by the_process » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:Chris Paul is untradeable. I just don't see how the Rockets even get rid of him.

Somebody reported that Morey called up NY and offered picks if they would take CP3 into their cap space, and the Knicks shot that down quickly.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers