Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#241 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Mavs/Horford stuff is nonsense. Luka/KP are defending 4/5 or someone’s in a jam (KP post surgery). Some of their insiders and apparently Stein said it as well

Many of us Kings fans believe it’s here. Barnes opting out simultaneous to Horfords handshake agreement (in a possible agreement with both)

He’s a good fit with Bagley

NOt optimal timeline with his age though
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#242 » by nolang1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:36 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
loserX wrote:Alright guys, let's keep it civil, please. Some of us prefer the tweets, others prefer without. That's all okay.

Yeah and I didn’t say otherwise. But one random poster wants to try to paint enjoying the visuals as a soap opera I’m not letting it slide. That’s GB type crap.

Lol the point that it's humorous the average sports fan is so faux-macho to consider something like "soap opera" such an insult when it's just a statement of fact. There is a soap opera/awards show type of aspect where a lot of people enjoy seeing the melodrama play out ('ohh snap this player got drafted by a team he didn't want to play for, let's see his reaction!' or 'ohh snap this talking head said the team is dumb and made a bad pick!') and greatly prefer that to just knowing which players are going where. From the NBA's standpoint, that's a ton of content/drama/attention (it's even a TV event to know the lottery order as it happens!) that can be generated relatively easily and is certainly relevant when discussing the draft and why it is the way it is.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#243 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 pm

nolang1 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
loserX wrote:Alright guys, let's keep it civil, please. Some of us prefer the tweets, others prefer without. That's all okay.

Yeah and I didn’t say otherwise. But one random poster wants to try to paint enjoying the visuals as a soap opera I’m not letting it slide. That’s GB type crap.

Lol the point that it's humorous the average sports fan is so faux-macho to consider something like "soap opera" such an insult when it's just a statement of fact. There is a soap opera/awards show type of aspect where a lot of people enjoy seeing the melodrama play out ('ohh snap this player got drafted by a team he didn't want to play for, let's see his reaction!' or 'ohh snap this talking head said the team is dumb and made a bad pick!') and greatly prefer that to just knowing which players are going where. From the NBA's standpoint, that's a ton of content/drama/attention (it's even a TV event to know the lottery order as it happens!) that can be generated relatively easily and is certainly relevant when discussing the draft and why it is the way it is.

My original point stands. I don’t want to clutter this thread but I’m happy to respond if mods don’t think requires anything else. I’ve been around longer than most people here and this doesn’t belong
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#244 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 am

This draft debate reminds me of a bad movie debate I had with my friend. He rather watch them end to end because he enjoys the art of story telling and I'm the type that will get bored with the bad movie and stop watching and read about the rest on wikipedia.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#245 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:36 am

Read on Twitter

Ingram + 4+ Hill for 2?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#246 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ingram + 4+ Hill for 2?

I don't think that gets it done. It would take a significant overpay especially now that Memphis has moved Conley and all but named Ja the heir apparent to the Grizzlies throne.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#247 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ingram + 4+ Hill for 2?

I don't think that gets it done. It would take a significant overpay especially now that Memphis has moved Conley and all but named Ja the heir apparent to the Grizzlies throne.

Decent chance they still get Ja if NY go Garland
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,059

Post#248 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:05 am

I mean, Vescey was cut out of reputable news sources in the nba about the time Jordan retired. The first time.

IN fact, Donnie Walsh used to love sending bad info that he wanted out into papers to Vescey. It got into the papers, Walsh used it to his advantage, and it never happened, or had any basis in reality.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#249 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:07 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ingram + 4+ Hill for 2?

Decent chance they still get Ja if NY go Garland

I think NYK would take Ja.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#250 » by pelifan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:10 am

just don't do anything stupid NOLA. Sometimes nothing is the right move.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#251 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#252 » by BleedGreen1989 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can’t imagine that would be too difficult. One of the better back up centers on an expiring $5mill deal.

Which would leave BOS with Robert Williams and Guerschon Yabusele as their only center and power forward on the roster.

I bet Toronto is **** their pants right now...
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#253 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:12 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
Which would leave BOS with Robert Williams and Guerschon Yabusele as their only center and power forward on the roster.

Have to imagine Ainge is looking long and hard at Bol and Bitazde if he doesn't move up in the draft.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#254 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#255 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:22 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Golden State could be anything in 2024, but I have that as still a great trade for them and very so so for Atlanta.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#256 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Golden State could be anything in 2024, but I have that as still a great trade for them and very so so for Atlanta.

Seems like Atlanta is being really proactive in dumping those later picks so they don't get stuck with them tonight. Even if the value may not be great for them, it's still better than drafting a bunch of camp invite guys in the 2nd that you have no intentions of signing.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#257 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Atlanta is already pretty young and have 2 lotto picks, a pick outside the lotto and an early 2nd. Do they really need 5 rookies next season? Pushing back a 2nd round pick by 5 years is pretty smart, they don't even lose an asset.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#258 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Seems like Atlanta is being really proactive in dumping those later picks so they don't get stuck with them tonight. Even if the value may not be great for them, it's still better than drafting a bunch of camp invite guys in the 2nd that you have no intentions of signing.

GM has said he's more interested in trading them for future picks that he can use in trades down the line rather than just straight up cash...he got a bit of both.
Also wasn't interested in using 3 2nds on picks. Would have like to consolidate them and move up to.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#259 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:33 pm

jayu70 wrote:GM has said he's more interested in trading them for future picks that he can use in trades down the line rather than just straight up cash...he got a bit of both.

Yeah I think you guys basically got what you needed out of that pick. Maybe someone would have given more during the draft when prospects started falling, but that's a risk that the price will be higher and there's still more picks to work with anyways. You can always end up like Boston having to make a bunch of picks you don't really want and ending up with nothing from them, so not a bad move to strike early and make sure you get a future asset.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#260 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:44 pm

jayu70 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

GM has said he's more interested in trading them for future picks that he can use in trades down the line rather than just straight up cash...he got a bit of both.
Also wasn't interested in using 3 2nds on picks. Would have like to consolidate them and move up to.

Yeah I like the idea of getting future picks and kicking it down the road. ATL has enough to focus on tonight trying to move up/down whatever in the draft, I think it makes sense to not have to worry about moving those two picks in real time, or wasting them on someone you won't ever actually bring over.

Return to Trades and Transactions