Where do the Celtics go from here?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Re: Where do the Celtics go from here? 

Post#201 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:It's amazing how Celtics fans will never criticize Ainge

Umm, there’s a “Fire Danny Ainge” thread over on the Celtics forum...

Most rational people will admit he’s done a good job, not perfect, but is still one of the higher end GM’s in the league. People who irrationally hate/love him will argue in their desired extreme.

If Celtics ownership fired him, he would be unemployed about as long as it takes to squeeze out a fart.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#202 » by UNCBlue012 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:03 am

you aren’t actually looking if you think this is true. Celtics fans crucify Ainge on the daily.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#203 » by Coeur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:33 am

GregB wrote:
Coeur wrote:Kyrie isn’t gone yet. There’s still a really good chance he takes the extra money. Ainge needs to start stroking him hard

- first main step is to kill the draft.

- start looking at Jaylen brown trades

If Kyrie is planning on joining Brooklyn , it’s about location , lifestyle etc. Brooklyn had a nice run last year as scrappy under dogs. But replacing Russell with him doesn’t make them that much better.

I still think the Celtics could be better than them if Kyrie goes there next year.

Without a doubt. If Kyrie chooses Brooklyn and I still don’t believe he will it says a lot more about him than anything.

Boston could easily be better next year than last. They’ll need to do some good roster manuvering but I’m a believer in big steps from GH and Tatum. Maybe they balance out things a bit better.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,547

Post#204 » by Meeksology » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:29 am

GoGreen wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
GoGreen wrote:
If you're being honest, you don't know that, and even if it is, it's irrelevant to my point.

I'm being honest. There is no other option at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app

Some of you guys are just aching for an argument.
And ur just upset that I was right. Boston as they currently stand, have no other option except to run with their young guys to start the season. I never said there was anything wrong with it, but ur acting like they have sooo many more options that they could go from here. They don't.

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#205 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:26 am

Meeksology wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:Would I be wrong in thinking that this may be “karma” for what they did with IT?

Soo, what did we do to IT? Send him to the 2nd best team in the league? Yea, man that's karma.
Can Boston fans who believe this nonsense stop acting like you guys did IT a favour here? Ainge woulda traded him to the worst team in the league if the player he wanted was on there, and all of you know it.

I don't know how you still have the mouth to talk about stuff like that. Guess you forgot you traded a guy who spent 9 years with your franchise after promising him he wont be traded and a month later you shipped him out? Have some decency, don't try to be too smart for your own good and talk moral.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#206 » by Wilfried » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:37 am

jfs1000d wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
Big_Aristotle wrote:If you look at the last few years, GM's have usually being rewarded for taking big bets to trade for all-stars. PG, Kawhi, Butler, Harris: all of them were 1-year rentals when traded and they delivered. Harris and Butler finished 4 bounces from a potential championship, Kawhi won first one with Toronto and PG resigned.

Ainge never wanted to take that gamble, afraid to lose but he lost by doing nothing. If everyone around you is taking big bets and going all-in, you probably won't make it playing on the safe side;
Great post

Ainge took that gamble with Kyrie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't a gamble. That was something 99,9% of the posters would do.
You trade a borderline allstar and a decent pick for a bonefide allstar with at least 2 seasons on his contract.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#207 » by Throwback24 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:41 pm

CoP wrote:Anyway, the future of the Celtics is seemingly on Tatum and Brown now. Some other existing pieces on the team as well, like Semi and Williams. Will be interesting to see how they develop

They remind me of the Lowry/DD pairing, I'm sure there'll be a couple of all-star appearances. A couple semi-conference bouts.

But you'll get dusted by the Kings of the East. Philly. Especially Toronto. Bucks.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Post#208 » by CoP » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Throwback24 wrote:
CoP wrote:Anyway, the future of the Celtics is seemingly on Tatum and Brown now. Some other existing pieces on the team as well, like Semi and Williams. Will be interesting to see how they develop

They remind me of the Lowry/DD pairing, I'm sure there'll be a couple of all-star appearances. A couple semi-conference bouts.

But you'll get dusted by the Kings of the East. Philly. Especially Toronto. Bucks.

How do they remind you of the Lowry/DD pairing? In what way are they similar that's not related to your hopes and desires?
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#209 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 pm

CoP wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:

How do they remind you of the Lowry/DD pairing? In what way are they similar that's not related to your hopes and desires?

You're right, they remind me of Luol Deng and Ben Gordon.

Read
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Post#210 » by CoP » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:
CoP wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:

You're right, they remind me of Luol Deng and Ben Gordon.

Assuming you're not just And1 fishing: Why?
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#211 » by CoachD » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Losing Al will hurt them a LOT more than losing Kyrie.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#212 » by Meeksology » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Soo, what did we do to IT? Send him to the 2nd best team in the league? Yea, man that's karma.
Can Boston fans who believe this nonsense stop acting like you guys did IT a favour here? Ainge woulda traded him to the worst team in the league if the player he wanted was on there, and all of you know it.

I don't know how you still have the mouth to talk about stuff like that. Guess you forgot you traded a guy who spent 9 years with your franchise after promising him he wont be traded and a month later you shipped him out? Have some decency, don't try to be too smart for your own good and talk moral.
U keep spewing this false narrative in every thread whenever someone brings up the IT trade. Masai telling derozan he wasn't being traded is not true. It's been refuted. Derozan even said it was a miscommunication.
But go ahead, keep copy n pasting ur lies.

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,900

Post#213 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Meeksology wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Meeksology wrote:Can Boston fans who believe this nonsense stop acting like you guys did IT a favour here? Ainge woulda traded him to the worst team in the league if the player he wanted was on there, and all of you know it.

U keep spewing this false narrative in every thread whenever someone brings up the IT trade. Masai telling derozan he wasn't being traded is not true. It's been refuted. Derozan even said it was a miscommunication.

That's not false narrative, lad. That's what came out. IT was with us for 2.5 years. Derozan was with u for 9. IT said that Ainge was honest with him regarding trades and everything. From what I gathered, Derozan said that in summer league or whatever Ujiri told him he was going to be a Raptor. We traded IT to the 2nd best team in the league. I'm not connected to the league in any way shape or form. ;)
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by Meeksology » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:36 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

That's not false narrative, lad. That's what came out. IT was with us for 2.5 years. Derozan was with u for 9. IT said that Ainge was honest with him regarding trades and everything. From what I gathered, Derozan said that in summer league or whatever Ujiri told him he was going to be a Raptor. We traded IT to the 2nd best team in the league. I'm not connected to the league in any way shape or form. ;)
I guess false narrative wasnt the right description for it. It def was refuted and dispelled.

L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#215 » by L3GEND4RY » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:39 am

Do you post first think later or just post
?

Signature by freshcontrast
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#216 » by L3GEND4RY » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:40 am

CoachD wrote:Losing Al will hurt them a LOT more than losing Kyrie.

100% right. He’s the veteran presence I’d like to keep, but I can’t be mad @ the guy for wanting to go elsewhere.

Signature by freshcontrast

Return to The General Board