ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: 2019 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#61 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:14 pm

chefy12 wrote:I dont want to be a Debbie downer but I’m starting to feel like the Lakers should’ve just waited for AD to hit free agency next year and then just sign him up straight up.

what are the pros and cons of doing this?

The biggest "con" is that Davis was just saying the Lakers or no where else to get traded there..... Coming to LA via FA would be a significant difference in money over being traded and re-signing. There is no assurance he'd come in FA and NO was going to trade him this offseason no matter what.

If he had really promised behind the scenes he'd come then we should have waited... but my guess is that he didn't do that.
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#62 » by chefy12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:25 pm

I’m no cap expert so correct me if I’m wrong.

Last season the team was 4-5 in the west when everybody was healthy. Aside from the injuries, a consistent 2nd scoring option was the team’s main weakness.

Long story short last season wasn’t that bad IMO and we didn’t need to gut the team and sacrifice the future if AD’s a free agent next year anyway.

Why didn’t we just sign a bunch of one year contract’s or lock up our “third all star” this year instead?

We improve the roster and stayed competitive.
We didn’t gut the team.
We keep number 4.
We maintain our assets.
Well still have enough space for an all star next year
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#63 » by chefy12 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Sign Lopez 1 year contract.

Resign McGee and KCP for 2 years with 2nd year having TO. This way we keep their bird rights in case we hit the max cap next year.

Give ariza a 1 year deal.

Lock up our third all star...most likely Kyrie.

Heck we can probably even convince Cousins for a one year try out.

Lopez, McGee
James, ariza
Kuzma, kcp
Ingram, hart, 4
Kyrie, ball

Bonus: Cousins (if we can convince him)

We stay competitive, we didn’t gut the team, and we didn’t give up the 4th pick, and we’ll still have remaining cap space for next year.
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#64 » by No name » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 am

I'll bite on the DLo stuff. If the Lakers cannot land KL, I would kick the tires on Russell. If he can be signed for 20 million that leaves some wiggle room. Also, that adds a very good player on a position of need. It also adds youth.

We lost a lot of youth. Adding Russell keeps a nucleus of AD and Russell even after James leaves. We would have loved to have kept Ingram right? Well, if we did we still would have had to pay him next season. Probably 20 million bucks. You get where I'm going

Spend on a defensive minded guard to start along with Russell. LeBron can be the primary ball handler. Russell can be secondary. The defensive guard can focus on shutting down the opponents best guard.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#65 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:04 am

No name wrote:I'll bite on the DLo stuff. If the Lakers cannot land KL, I would kick the tires on Russell. If he can be signed for 20 million that leaves some wiggle room. Also, that adds a very good player on a position of need. It also adds youth.

We lost a lot of youth. Adding Russell keeps a nucleus of AD and Russell even after James leaves. We would have loved to have kept Ingram right? Well, if we did we still would have had to pay him next season. Probably 20 million bucks. You get where I'm going

Spend on a defensive minded guard to start along with Russell. LeBron can be the primary ball handler. Russell can be secondary. The defensive guard can focus on shutting down the opponents best guard.

If the deal is 4years/80 million, with the first year starting around 17 million. That would be freaking amazing because we would have about 15 million to play with. That being said we need to figure out what our actual real options around 7 million dollars. What are actual mle options. And who would sign for the veteran's minimum with us. Let the games begin
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#66 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:07 am

Can we get Brook Lopez or dedmon, and Patrick Beverley with 15 million? Also will Danny Green sign for the mle? Will Rondo sign for the veteran's minimum?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:01 am

Offer Butler $25–27.2M per, 3 years. He’ll take it.

Is $10M enough for Caruso, Noël, Rondo, Lopez?

Plus three rookies makes 11 players.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by stan francisco » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:03 am

We need defenders next to LBJ and Kuz, not D Lo, not Kemba, not Kyrie. Defense and three point shooting.

Caruso is perfect. Sign Rondo to come off the bench.

Modern era NBA titles:
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#69 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:15 pm

Do we have anything to get one Robert Covington if we can't lure out a guy like Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler? Covington for us makes a world of sense since we need elite defenders.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#70 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:18 pm

If trading Kuzma is an option, would these any of get it done:

Derrick White, Mikal Bridges, Okogie+Tyus, Shamet, Augustin, Joe Harris, Mitchell Robinson, Favors, Sabonis
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#71 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:If trading Kuzma is an option, would these any of get it done:

Derrick White, Mikal Bridges, Okogie+Tyus, Shamet, Augustin, Joe Harris, Mitchell Robinson, Favors, Sabonis

Out of that, I’d do d white and probably sabonis
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#72 » by Pythagoras » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:18 am

I’d readily trade him for either Favors or Sabonis.
Numbers rule the universe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by stan francisco » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:57 am

You know, I was thinking Kuzma isn’t safe yet. In fact yesterday I told my son I think Kuzma might be traded before it’s all over.

I think Pelinka trades him once we land KL.

We have, at PF: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kyle Kuzma. Same at SF. Neither is a C. All three are starters.

We could go after Nurkic etc in trade. I’m sure Pelinka has all the possibilities lined up, is ready to pounce.

To your point, I don’t think he’s safe if we get a third star, and I think we’ll find that out about two hours after we announce KL is a Laker. Until then, Kuz is a Laker but I’ll count the hours after Leonard signs.

I love Kuzma’s game, would start him at SG, go huge.

Modern era NBA titles:
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#74 » by NBA Fiend » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:03 pm

[img][/img]
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:02 pm

Are we still winning?

Modern era NBA titles:
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#76 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:32 pm

stan francisco wrote:

You know, I was thinking Kuzma isn’t safe yet. In fact yesterday I told my son I think Kuzma might be traded before it’s all over.

We have, at PF: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kyle Kuzma. Same at SF. Neither is a C. All three are starters.

We could go after Nurkic etc in trade. I’m sure Pelinka has all the possibilities lined up, is ready to pounce.

To your point, I don’t think he’s safe if we get a third star, and I think we’ll find that out about two hours after we announce KL is a Laker. Until then, Kuz is a Laker but I’ll count the hours after Leonard signs.

I’ve been wondering if Kuz is safe as well if we land Kawhi, but I also don’t know if there would be a trade out there that would make sense. I definitely don’t like the idea of him starting at the 2 though. Not a good enough shooter, suspect at creating for himself off the dribble, has zero hope of guarding any quick guards on the perimeter.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:59 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

I’ve been wondering if Kuz is safe as well if we land Kawhi, but I also don’t know if there would be a trade out there that would make sense. I definitely don’t like the idea of him starting at the 2 though. Not a good enough shooter, suspect at creating for himself off the dribble, has zero hope of guarding any quick guards on the perimeter.

In this setting Leonard, LeBron and Davis create enough havoc on isolations we won’t need Kuz to do anything but shooting when open and cut when he should. But yes, I’m well aware he’s far from the ideal SG. Just trying to make a weakness into a strength. Kuz at the two is a bit wild even for me.

But I’ve always been for lineups that force opposing coaches to react or lose. The coach who is the strategic aggressor usually wins.

But even this is some height to deal with:

PG: Caruso 6’5”
SG: Leonard 6’7”
SF: Kuzma 6’9”
PF: James
C: Davis

Modern era NBA titles:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#78 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:04 pm

stan francisco wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

In this setting Leonard, LeBron and Davis create enough havoc on isolations we won’t need Kuz to do anything but shooting when open and cut when he should. But yes, I’m well aware he’s far from the ideal SG. Just trying to make a weakness into a strength. Kuz at the two is a bit wild even for me.

But I’ve always been for lineups that force opposing coaches to react or lose. The coach who is the strategic aggressor usually wins.

Kuzma for Sabonis makes sense.

Indy have Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Leaf as their PF/C when really 3 of them are pure Cs
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#79 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:21 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Indy have Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Leaf as their PF/C when really 3 of them are pure Cs

I'd do Sabonis for Kuzma in a heartbeat, but does Kuz have that kind of value?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by stan francisco » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

How’s his defense?

Pau Gasol’s healing left foot is apparently doing well, expected to be ready for Basketball activities in August.

I’m expecting Iggy to join The Lakeshow.

PG: Caruso / Rondo / Stockton
SG: Leonard / THT / Iggy
SF: Iggy / LBJ / rookie
PF: LBJ / Davis / rookie
C: Davis / Sabonis / P Gasol

Modern era NBA titles: