Here's What You Need To Know About Each Team

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Here's What You Need To Know About Each Team 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like there has been a couple repetitive problems with trade proposals that have popped up due to posters assuming certain things of other teams that are apparently untrue. I thought making a list of some of these (plus any other info fans would like included such as direction/general trade parameters/whatever) might help. For example, others looking at Conley's age and sizeable contract assumed Memphis trading him for just an expiring made sense prior to the Utah deal. They could back their argument with logic, but it just wasn't true. Kevin Love is a similar situation.GMs agree he is a negative contract but Cleveland won't move him unless clear positive value and not just salary relief is coming back. Hopefully this can help everyone know more about other teams in order to create even better deals than our standard level of excellence.

Atlanta:
Hawks still have approximately $5 million in capspace.
Expiring contracts of Chandler Parsons $27 mil (perpetually injured, had something done to both knees in offseason, again), Evan Turner $18 mil (I don't think he's the answer at backup PG) and Allen Crabbe $17 mil (he's rehabbing from knee surgery so hasn't played in preseason).
Hawks need a Center to start ahead of Alex ideally or to a decent back him up to him if nothing else.

Boston:

Brooklyn:
-Looking to sign two max guys (Kyrie/KD preferably).
-Seems there is strong mutual interest with Irving, who seems a strong bet right now, though apparently there is real division among not just fans but also the organization, if he's worth it and worth losing D.Lo. If he brings Durant, it's a given D.Lo is gone. If he can't lure Durant, is he then worth it? If it's decided he is, does that automatically mean Russell is gone? Probably, but that also implies there is a second "max" player in the mix...Butler and Harris the most likely targets.

Charlotte:
-Looking to clear salary but not sure what the FO will actually give up in the process

Chicago:
-Looking to add pieces to the core, take the next step to maybe a playoff contention in the East. Starters 2-5 are locked in, possibly looking to add a veteran point guard to compete with Coby White. And bench help in any form though a big man is probably preferred.

Cleveland:
-Kevin Love won't be moved as a salary dump. Clear positive value must come back for Cleveland to consider moving him.
-JR Smith is available for a potential salary dump, but the incentive must be worth Cleveland potentially being in the tax.

Dallas:
-Not likely to sell their cap space for assets right now
-They are targeting big name FAs with their space (Kemba likely their only mildly realistic shot) and then will sign two quality players if they strike out in order to try and sneak into the playoffs this year.

Denver:
-Plumlee is on the table and would like a cheaper replacement (remember he's expiring). Barton can be traded but the FO probably won't overpay to do it. Consolidation trades (the right combination of Beasley, Juancho, Morris, Craig, etc.) welcome, especially for an upgrade at the 3. Porter won't be thrown away as trade filler. Millsap will likely be re-signed but for 2-3 years and less money (under $20m?). FO is not desperate and we'd probably be ok rolling into the beginning of the season with more or less the same roster.
-Porter won't be thrown in as trade filler in any potential deals.

Detroit:
-We are looking badly to upgrade our wing depth as well as our point guard. Even if we don't upgrade our starting point guard, we also need to shore up our point guard depth period especially if Ish Smith walks for greener pastures. Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond both fall under the category of "irrationally worth more to us than they are to you." BG probably can't be had unless there is a too good to be true trade offered. Drummond could probably be had for a slight downgrade at center with a starter quality wing.

Golden State:
-Resign KD and Klay

Houston:
-If Paul is moved, playable players need to be coming back in return.

Indiana:
-Indy isn't currently pressed to move one of Sabonis or Turner so won't take pennies on the dollar for one. They hope to play them together to see if they can co-exist.
-Still looking at a playoff push even with Vic out for a while
-Possibly willing to listen on absorbing productive players for an asset but TBD

LA Clippers:
-Not looking to use a 1st or prospect to dump Gallo
-Kawhi is the main target. (some reports indicate LAC may have interest in Horford)

LA Lakers:
-The non-Kuzma young guys need to be moved, but ideally would all be moved to a single team in order to more easily add this to the AD trade.

Memphis:
-They won't trade any real assets for a center even if JV leaves. They'll just sign someone for cheap in FA.
-The Conley trade should generate a 25m TPE. We likely would be willing to take on bad salary for assets as long as we aren't close to the tax.
-Crowder and Korver are likely available

Miami:
-They are hesitant to take on long term salary since they are hoping to have their books cleaned up over the next season or two.
-Not currently looking to rebuild

Milwaukee:
-Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez and Mirotic are all free agents, Hill is on a very rich mostly unguaranteed contract. Obviously the Bucks want to save cap space to resign these guys. Leuer is a stretch candidate, Ilyasova may be available for free. There may be some S&Ts possible for Middleton or Brogdon. And if both Middleton and Brogdon walk we may look back at the FA market.

Minnesota:
-Everyone outside of KAT is available for the right price.
-We're exploring opportunities to shed salary to go after DLo and are willing to take risks to do so, but calculated risks.
-We value the young wings on the team (Okogie and Culver) likely higher than most (especially in Okogie's case).
-Rosas is interested in playing 1 guard, 3 wings, and a big, so what may seem like a glut of wings on the roster currently is actually what the FO is envisioning.

New Orleans:
-They are looking for stretch bigmen and veterans that can shoot, using mostly their 31 million in cap space.
-Only 2 open roster spots right now, but dairus bertans may be cut.

New York:
-after their meetings and subsequent heartbreak (too nobody’s surprise) they will take expiring contracts for picks/youth

Oklahoma:
-Steven Adams isn't likely to be used as a pure salary dump and certainly won't have additional picks attached to him. Some sort of positive value in return seems to be the FO expectation.
-Roberson, PPat, and especially Schroeder are available. OKC would attach assets to dump their salary.

Orlando:
-Do you commit long term $ to Vuc/TRoss and run that roster back for the next 3-4 years and let Bamba come of bench?
VS
-Start a youth movement (AG Isaac, Bamba, Fultz (if healthy), sign a stop gap C (Birch or other 2 year guy), grab a wing and then continue hope of improvement for 2021 FA chase of landing at least 1 2nd Tier FA.
-Though there is quite a few young forwards, with Okeke likely redshirting this year there isn't a pressing need to move one.

Philadelphia:
-Resign Butler and Harris for hopefully less than max money

Phoenix:
-Josh Jackson is likely available
-Will likely chase a young PG in FA so are looking to retain their cap space at least for now

Portland:
-Zach Collins and Simons loved by the FO and his value to the reflects that. Likely won't be included in a salary dump.

Sacramento:
-tons of cap space. Would love to make a big splash but not likely. Want to find pieces that fit around our existing core. Biggest holes are center and SF, willing to overpay barnes because hes the best 3 we've had in 10 years and fits nicely into our squad.

San Antonio:
-Not looking to rebuild
-Will consider taking on a project/struggling young player but won't pay to do so
-Value the guys they have and aren't looking to move them just to move them

Toronto:
-Priority is resigning Kawhi.
-A big/forward may be the target of the MLE.

Utah:
-Possibly willing to trade Favors or Exum if Tobias is serious about coming. It has to be a team who can take them into cap space as that’s the only way Utah can clear space. The likelihood of that scenario is very low as even clearing Favs and Exum means Utah has 27 million to offer Tobias and that’s probably not enough as it’s a discount. I’d be shocked if Utah moved Ingles to grab Tobias. But theoretically possible.
-More likely scenario. Pick up Favs option. Keep Exum. Then go looking for 3-5 veteran win now players who can sign for the vet minimum. There will be plenty of playing time for these vets. Will also have the Room Exception available.
-Maybe not pick up Favs option and try to sign 2-3 guys with about 17 million split between them. This seems verrryyy unlikely. Utah might trade Favs at the trade deadline if they think they can get a piece to put them over the hump and make it to the finals.

Washington:
-Beal isn't readily available and likely won't be moved by an interim GM

Tried to put a few thing in but let me know what else you'd like me to add or change
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Re: Here's What You Need To Know About Each Team 

Post#2 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Orlando:
Do you commit long term $ to Vuc/TRoss and run that roster back for the next 3-4 years and let Bamba come of bench?
VS
Start a youth movement (AG Isaac, Bamba, Fultz (if healthy), sign a stop gap C (Birch or other 2 year guy), grab a wing and then continue hope of improvement for 2021 FA chase of landing at least 1 2nd Tier FA.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#3 » by NotACat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:22 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Orlando:
Do you commit long term $ to Vuc/TRoss and run that roster back for the next 3-4 years and let Bamba come of bench?
VS
Start a youth movement (AG Isaac, Bamba, Fultz (if healthy), sign a stop gap C (Birch or other 2 year guy), grab a wing and then continue hope of improvement for 2021 FA chase of landing at least 1 2nd Tier FA.

Youth movement has already started with AG and Isaac, hopefully Fultz as well. I don't think re-signing TRoss changes that (he's great as a 6th man and Fournier is on his way out in a year, 2 max).

The Vuc deal is the only tricky part, and a 3 year deal is likely. Most fans are hoping for a 2 year deal with 3 year money.

Either way, with our constrained cap space, the youth movement is our commitment.
Black Lives Matter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#4 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Clippers are not moving a 1st or prospect to get cap space for Gallo.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Would a Mod mind un-stickying this for a short stretch? Think it would be easier for posters to see it and add their two cents. You can re-sticky it again later. Hoping it will help people who are much smarter than me post pertinent info about their teams haha.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,694

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Would a Mod mind un-stickying this for a short stretch? Think it would be easier for posters to see it and add their two cents. You can re-sticky it again later. Hoping it will help people who are much smarter than me post pertinent info about their teams haha.

You got it. Just send one of us a PM when you want it re-stickied.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,694

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm

For Dallas, they are going to take their shots at the big free agents---I think the only one they have even a passing shot at is Kemba and even there I'd say its like a 10-15% chance tops. Barring that I expect them to try and use their cap space to sign 2 guys who can start for them.

I do understand the posts suggesting Dallas should sell their cap space to pick up assets to build around Luka and to hit free agency again in 2 years. But the Mavs FO has been pretty clear they are going to try and compete right away.

So for Dallas, big swings(and almost certainly missses) then plan B of quality veteran additions in an attempt to grab a late playoff seed to get Luka/KP some playoff experience.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,580

Post#8 » by nomansland » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 pm

(Not speaking for every Denver fan BTW)

Denver: Plumlee is on the table and would like a cheaper replacement (remember he's expiring). Barton can be traded but the FO probably won't overpay to do it. Consolidation trades (the right combination of Beasley, Juancho, Morris, Craig, etc.) welcome, especially for an upgrade at the 3. Porter won't be thrown away as trade filler. Millsap will likely be re-signed but for 2-3 years and less money (under $20m?). FO is not desperate and we'd probably be ok rolling into the beginning of the season with more or less the same roster.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#9 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm

For Miami, you're spot on but should add that we're not rebuilding, either.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,175

Post#10 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Toronto: Obviously looking to bring back Kawhi Leonard on whatever deal he wants. That goes without saying. Think it's down to Toronto and The Clippers.

This all hinges on IF Kawhi stays, I think Toronto is looking for a big man for their tax payers MLE. That is about $6 million-ish. I think that leaves guys like Dedmon, Marcus Morris Ed Davis, Marquese Chriss, Robin Lopez, Faried, JaMychel Green, Noah and a few others. I think Toronto looks at Dedmon or if we could get him that cheap Green. Both guys fit what Toronto needs.

If we don't go a big route I think Hezonja or JJ Reddick are solid options as a offensive spark off the bench and then maybe Toronto looks at a veteran big like Taj Gibson at the veteran minimum to bolster the team. IF we could go into 2019-2020 with this depth chart then we are looking that much stronger

PG: Lowry/VanVleet/Lloyd
SG: Green/Powell/
SF: Leonard/Anunoby/Miller
PF: Siakam/MLE/Boucher
C: Gasol/Ibaka/?

Still a few spots to fill but I don't see how we can go after a big fish with only a MLE. IMHO The Raptors will still be looking at the buyout market if Kawhi resigns here
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Spot on for Indy. Only other thing to possibly add is that it's super unlikely that we would ever "tank", even if our best player misses an entire season. Making the playoffs, even if just a 1st round ouster, has value to our owner and locker room.
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#12 » by Phobo_Phile » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 pm

For Detroit: We are looking badly to upgrade our wing depth as well as our point guard. Even if we don't upgrade our starting point guard, we also need to shore up our point guard depth period especially if Ish Smith walks for greener pastures. Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond both fall under the category of "irrationally worth more to us than they are to you." BG probably can't be had unless there is a too good to be true trade offered. Drummond could probably be had for a slight downgrade at center with a starter quality wing.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#13 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:02 am

OKC is pretty much right on. I think they'll move Adams into space for a minor asset, i.e. protected 1st, but they won't add to dump his salary. I don't think they will move Patterson with an asset as the savings isn't enough after replacing him even with a vet minimum player.

Most likely they will end up attaching assets to Schroder for either no salary or a small expiring and they disaster of matching Kanter's max offer from Portland years ago will finally have seen it's end with that mistake having cost OKC a ton of assets, flexibility and issues over the years.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#14 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:28 am

Brooklyn you have, but to expand
Seems there is strong mutual interest with Irving, who seems a strong bet right now, though apparently there is real division among not just fans but also the organization, if he's worth it and worth losing D.Lo. If he brings Durant, it's a given D.Lo is gone. If he can't lure Durant, is he then worth it? If it's decided he is, does that automatically mean Russell is gone? Probably, but that also implies there is a second "max" player in the mix...Butler and Harris the most likely targets.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#15 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:57 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Brooklyn you have, but to expand
Seems there is strong mutual interest with Irving, who seems a strong bet right now, though apparently there is real division among not just fans but also the organization, if he's worth it and worth losing D.Lo. If he brings Durant, it's a given D.Lo is gone. If he can't lure Durant, is he then worth it? If it's decided he is, does that automatically mean Russell is gone? Probably, but that also implies there is a second "max" player in the mix...Butler and Harris the most likely targets.

I'm all for expanding. I just didn't want to write much myself on a team when I don't fully appreciate their situation.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#16 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 am

Utah - Happy to have gotten Conley before free agency. Possibly willing to trade Favors or Exum if Tobias is serious about coming. It has to be a team who can take them into cap space as that’s the only way Utah can clear space. The likelihood of that scenario is very low as even clearing Favs and Exum means Utah has 27 million to offer Tobias and that’s probably not enough as it’s a discount. I’d be shocked if Utah moved Ingles to grab Tobias. But theoretically possible.

More likely scenario. Pick up Favs option. Keep Exum. Then go looking for 3-5 veteran win now players who can sign for the vet minimum. There will be plenty of playing time for these vets.

Maybe not pick up Favs option and try to sign 2-3 guys with about 17 million split between them. This seems verrryyy unlikely. Utah might trade Favs at the trade deadline if they think they can get a piece to put them over the hump and make it to the finals.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,266

Post#17 » by Nuntius » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:40 am

You are indeed right about Indy. I'd just like to add that since we aren't very optimistic about our chances at FA (Pritchard didn't sound optimistic at all in his interview a couple of days ago) we may be incentivized to use our cap space to absorb some mid-level contracts for future assets. I wouldn't put this as a "for sure" thing (like the tank thing, we know for sure that we aren't tanking) but I do think that it is a strong maybe.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 pm

OP is exactly correct on Denver, in my opinion:

-Plumlee is on the table and would like a cheaper replacement (remember he's expiring). Barton can be traded but the FO probably won't overpay to do it. Consolidation trades (the right combination of Beasley, Juancho, Morris, Craig, etc.) welcome, especially for an upgrade at the 3. Porter won't be thrown away as trade filler. Millsap will likely be re-signed but for 2-3 years and less money (under $20m?). FO is not desperate and we'd probably be ok rolling into the beginning of the season with more or less the same roster.

Emphasis added to a very significant statement.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#19 » by LuessiT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm

Milwaukee: Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez and Mirotic are all free agents, Hill is on a very rich mostly unguaranteed contract. Obviously the Bucks want to save cap space to resign these guys. Leuer is a stretch candidate, Ilyasova may be available for free. There may be some S&Ts possible for Middleton or Brogdon. And if both Middleton and Brogdon walk we may look back at the FA market.
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 510

Post#20 » by letsgobulls23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Chicago - Looking to add pieces to the core, take the next step to maybe a playoff contention in the East. Starters 2-5 are locked in, looking to add a veteran point guard to compete with Coby White. And bench help in any form

Return to Trades and Transactions