improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1161 » by improper » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Source: Wade Keller (The Torch)

"Finn Balor, Rusev and the Hardys are on their final months of their current respective contracts and up to this point there has been no headway made with talent and WWE officials. Jeff Hardy however would have to wait longer if he was to leave since he has been out with an injury which extends his Contract. Randy Orton is a major name whos contract expires in early 2020 and may use AEW as a bargaining chip. Either way Vince has said to be somewhat concerned to lose one or more of these stars soon to AEW."

Rusev plz.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1162 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

"Finn Balor, Rusev and the Hardys are on their final months of their current respective contracts and up to this point there has been no headway made with talent and WWE officials. Jeff Hardy however would have to wait longer if he was to leave since he has been out with an injury which extends his Contract. Randy Orton is a major name whos contract expires in early 2020 and may use AEW as a bargaining chip. Either way Vince has said to be somewhat concerned to lose one or more of these stars soon to AEW."

Spoiler:
Please let them all leave.

Balor to do New Japan with a side of AEW, hell, he could take over Bullet Club as leader and let White be Ace whilst he returns to being the real rock n rolla (also Devitt & G&A vs Omega & The Young Bucks writes itself)

Rusev to New Japan and AEW also could work, especially if he's with Lana, they love big hosses and him in the Never openweight title scene in hard hitting matches with the likes of Ishii and Goto, with his charisma, he could be a very big star. I think he'd excel in AEW.

As for the Hardy's, well, we've seen how good the Broken Matt character is.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1163 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:20 pm

iMoreland wrote:Aleister Black: "Open the door"

Bray Wyatt: "Let me in"

Has this been the plan all along?

I think so, and I hope it works. It's a boom or bust move.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1164 » by Scott Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 am

Spens1 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Balor to do New Japan with a side of AEW, hell, he could take over Bullet Club as leader and let White be Ace whilst he returns to being the real rock n rolla (also Devitt & G&A vs Omega & The Young Bucks writes itself)

Rusev to New Japan and AEW also could work, especially if he's with Lana, they love big hosses and him in the Never openweight title scene in hard hitting matches with the likes of Ishii and Goto, with his charisma, he could be a very big star. I think he'd excel in AEW.

Balor really is perfectly suited for NJPW which is predominantly all about work rate he just doesn't have the
mic skills and charisma to be the guy in WWE and if he isn't dressed up like a zombie he looks pretty ordinary.

A lot of the English/Irish/Scottish wrestlers are hurt by their accents which makes them hard to understand
sometimes and hurts their promo abilities. I saw that Noam Doar guy is back and when he talks you almost
need subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

On one hand the United Kingdom is one of the wrestling hot beds in the world if not the biggest they LOVE wrestling
there but when I see the UK wrestlers or watch a bit of NXT UK they lack the "cool factor" that's the forgotten key
ingredient in wrestling. North America has it, Japan has it, Mexico has it the UK scene doesn't.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#1165 » by spykelee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 pm

I can't be bothered to even type my disdain towards anything on the main roster anymore. That is all

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1166 » by spykelee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Heyman and bischoff taking over raw and smackdown respectively. That could be big If they are actually given creative control.

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1167 » by improper » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:59 pm

spykelee wrote:Heyman and bischoff taking over raw and smackdown respectively. That could be big If they are actually given creative control.

Also seems like the first real sign that WWE is starting to feel the heat of the consistently dropping ratings and attendance numbers.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#1168 » by LLJ » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Balor really is perfectly suited for NJPW which is predominantly all about work rate he just doesn't have the
mic skills and charisma to be the guy in WWE and if he isn't dressed up like a zombie he looks pretty ordinary.

A lot of the English/Irish/Scottish wrestlers are hurt by their accents which makes them hard to understand
sometimes and hurts their promo abilities. I saw that Noam Doar guy is back and when he talks you almost

On one hand the United Kingdom is one of the wrestling hot beds in the world if not the biggest they LOVE wrestling
there but when I see the UK wrestlers or watch a bit of NXT UK they lack the "cool factor" that's the forgotten key
ingredient in wrestling. North America has it, Japan has it, Mexico has it the UK scene doesn't.

Balor is quite popular with the women and has remained over despite status quo booking. Again it's a case of the WWE only seeing weaknesses in people not suited to their "formula" and not booking to someone's strengths. Balor has a great bod, is a decent worker and has a grin that could be either charming or irritating. That's a strength, by the way.

The inability of the WWE to handle an increasingly global roster and an increasingly plugged in audience is one of the factors why they have struggled to maintain their audience. It's not like these foreign guys don't have fans. During early 2018 they were featuring more people outside of the US than ever before and the ratings were actually UP for a few months. So there is an audience out there for a global feel. The problem is that internally they cannot or will not adapt. There are ways to get around accents, language, hell people offer suggestions every day. If in kayfabe the WWE is an international sport, and you hire international performers, then you have to be ready to treat it like an international show.

Another problem is the current WWE crowds, which are no longer representative of the mainstream zeitgeist. They chant things that were popular 20 years ago, they cheer for people who may appeal to a small subset of longtime fans but not to a larger demographic. So they send the company mixed signals as to who they should push that would actually be good for business. They can't find the sweet spot between what's good for business and what will satisfy the smarks, who, by the way, are probably already gone at this point so the WWE audience is mostly made up of WWE loyalists and AE nostalgists.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1169 » by iMoreland » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:57 pm

At least they're trying something here with the Bischoff and Heyman news. Hopefully this means there's no more wild card crap. And I'm excited to hear Bischoff's theme song on TV again (if this means he's going to be back on TV).

But man, either Triple H is extremely committed to NXT or Vince does not want him running Raw or SD.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1170 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 pm

iMoreland wrote:At least they're trying something here with the Bischoff and Heyman news. Hopefully this means there's no more wild card crap. And I'm excited to hear Bischoff's theme song on TV again (if this means he's going to be back on TV).

But man, either Triple H is extremely committed to NXT or Vince does not want him running Raw or SD.

I don't like Bishoff, and this comes off as a desperation move, but... I like it. If they let Paul have total control of Raw, you know Bishoff will suck up to Vince, and having them try to out-duel Heyman should promote competition and presumably improve the product. And you know Heyman will make things interesting if he really is given control.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1171 » by iMoreland » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 pm

WON: Both Bischoff and Heyman will be starting in their new roles immediately
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1172 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Will Bischoff also have a on air-role?
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1173 » by tugs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 pm

Anything but an authority role that will center on a WWF vs WCW feud.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1174 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:52 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Balor doesn't have charisma? he has it in spades (look at Prince Devitt bullet club promo and say he doesn't have charisma). Its just WWE (and i blame HHH for this one actually) brought him in as the blandest of babyfaces, despite making his name as a heel leader of the biggest faction this decade. Also you can't survive in New Japan without charisma either (its why you have guys like Naito on top and guys like Yoshi Hashi and Chase at the bottom).

I do think the accents are hurting but its more since Vince and Dunn hate them, i mean they seem to think that if you are from overseas or from the south and have an accent that you aren't main event material (which is riduclous).

Also that's cause NXT UK is just a poor program to be honest, i mean with WOS not taking off, it basically meant NXT UK was redundant, all they've done their is really hurt the scene that was coming up.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1175 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 am

Also on Bischoff and Heyman, they're becoming executive directors of smackdown and raw respectively and will only answer to Vince.

At best, this will turn the product around and give us two brands who are producing some of the best wrestling on the planet.

At worst, Heyman leaves the company after him and vince have enough of a fallout and Bischoff is so out of touch that he ends up having a similar effect as he had running 2010 TNA.

I'm not sure why they went for Bischoff given that their is other good bookers they could have gotten, but i guess it depends on who each surround themselves with (if Heyman gets Sapolsky to be his assistant and maybe gets someone like Quackenbush as well, then raw would be really good, Bischoff really needs good help the moest however).
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1176 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:07 am

I get people getting excited about Bischoff and Heyman but remember that according to basically anyone whose ever worked for wwe, as long as Vince has a pulse he’s running the show. Those expecting big changes will continue to be disappointed.
Do it for Chuck
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1177 » by spykelee » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:53 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I get people getting excited about Bischoff and Heyman but remember that according to basically anyone whose ever worked for wwe, as long as Vince has a pulse he’s running the show. Those expecting big changes will continue to be disappointed.

That concerns me too. The are both still reporting to Vince and we all know the buck stops there, always has.

However, I do believe they are feeling the heat and this really be a legitimate shot at trying to change the narrative of the product. I think Heyman will be fine, Bischoff, as mentioned I'm not so confident in. He's a smart enough guy, a great executive. Creatively speaking, I'm not sure he is where you want to turn. But anything has to be better than the **** Vince has turned out recently. Please get rid of the wildcard rule first and formost. Then let's get some new talent and feuds and just better stories and writing that actually make sense. I'd happily start with that.
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#1178 » by Coach Smiley » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:19 am

I tend to think it has more to do with xfl than declining ratings
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1179 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 am

spykelee wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:I get people getting excited about Bischoff and Heyman but remember that according to basically anyone whose ever worked for wwe, as long as Vince has a pulse he’s running the show. Those expecting big changes will continue to be disappointed.

That concerns me too. The are both still reporting to Vince and we all know the buck stops there, always has.

However, I do believe they are feeling the heat and this really be a legitimate shot at trying to change the narrative of the product. I think Heyman will be fine, Bischoff, as mentioned I'm not so confident in. He's a smart enough guy, a great executive. Creatively speaking, I'm not sure he is where you want to turn. But anything has to be better than the **** Vince has turned out recently. Please get rid of the wildcard rule first and formost. Then let's get some new talent and feuds and just better stories and writing that actually make sense. I'd happily start with that.

Thats exactly it. But, i think these guys would just quit in no time once Vince starts meddling
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1180 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:21 am

Dominater wrote:
spykelee wrote:

Thats exactly it. But, i think these guys would just quit in no time once Vince starts meddling

And Paul would be the first to leave. As long as Hayman's there, they have a real chance to succeed, but if he leaves, it could be a real disaster. And Vince can probably see that, at this point. Vince is crazy, but he's not stupid.

Return to Pro Wrestling