Post#81 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Woj: Lakers trade Wagner, Bonga, Jones, '22 2nd rder to Wizards 

Post#82 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:01 pm

keynote wrote:I don't have much hopes for Bonga and Jones. They'll get reps on the Go-Go. But Wagner and a 2nd for nothing isn't bad. It's found money. Maybe Wagner will blossom like Bryant; maybe he won't. But he'll get an opportunity, which is fine with me. Go Blue!

But if Bonga and Jones do start well, I'll be going to some Go-Go games. The Go-Go's might actually be a profitable enterprise. Get a tv contract and some decent announcers... and... allow gambling... yup. Money maker.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#83 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Dat2U wrote:I don't think it's a sure bet either SHOULD make a roster.

I'm pretty sure that Wagner and Bonga have guaranteed contracts for the 2019-20 season. If we cut them, we won't save any money. They'll stick around for a season at least.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#84 » by NatP4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm

I say waive Dwight Howard and go ahead and still sign Voigtmann.

Sato Bonga Robinson
Beal McRae Sanon
Brown Jr Schofield
Hachimura White
Bryant Voigtmann Wagner

It would be nice to still have Otto Porter
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#85 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Aaron White makes the roster at all, why would it be for anything more than the 1st-year player minimum of $897,158? My guess is that they'll leave him overseas for another year since we just acquired so many guaranteed contracts in the Laker trade. So that leaves us the $13.3M in luxtax room. We would still have the MLE and the BAE.

As of now, it looks like one of Troy Brown or Admiral Schofield will start at SF and Rui starts at PF. We have no backup PF. We definitely need 1 MLE veteran forward plus another respectable veteran forward (Jeff Green?)
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#86 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 pm

This team still has no outside shooting. Wouldn't shock me if they look at Seth Curry.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#87 » by NatP4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 pm

A 2nd unit of Bonga-Sanon-Schofield-White-Wagner has the potential to be the worst lineup in NBA history LOL.

On the flip side, imagine a lineup of Sato-Beal-Brown jr-Otto-Hachimura
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#88 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 pm

Why would the Wiz sign White - other than him playing a position they need - poorly? His Euro stats are underwhelming https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/aaron-white-1.html. I hate to say this about anyone, but he's nothing more than a poor man's Sam Dekker.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#89 » by queridiculo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Late to the party, god damn, I like this move, wtf are the Lakers doing :lol:
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#90 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

NatP4 wrote:I say waive Dwight Howard and go ahead and still sign Voigtmann.

Sato Bonga Robinson
Beal McRae Sanon
Brown Jr Schofield
Hachimura White
Bryant Voigtmann Wagner

:noway: Waive Dwight for Voigtmann...hell no. That guy is a 3rd Center at best. If Dwight is healthy do yo know what kind of value he will have on the market.
Again, Bojan is going to get almost 20M per, Horford is about to get a 4/110M deal... :o

Dwight at 5.7M could be a real get for a team that cant afford to add salary. He is a walking 2nd round pick, dont waive him.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#91 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Ruzious wrote:Why would the Wiz sign White - other than him playing a position they need - poorly? His Euro stats are underwhelming https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/aaron-white-1.html. I hate to say this about anyone, but he's nothing more than a poor man's Sam Dekker.

I don't think he'll ever play in the NBA. He probably can make more overseas.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#92 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Rafael122 wrote:This team still has no outside shooting. Wouldn't shock me if they look at Seth Curry.

The Euro bigs were getting can shoot. Also got beal
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#93 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:30 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

Sato Bonga Robinson
Beal McRae Sanon
Brown Jr Schofield
Hachimura White
Bryant Voigtmann Wagner

:noway: Waive Dwight for Voigtmann...hell no. That guy is a 3rd Center at best. If Dwight is healthy do yo know what kind of value he will have on the market.
Again, Bojan is going to get almost 20M per, Horford is about to get a 4/110M deal... :o

Dwight at 5.7M could be a real get for a team that cant afford to add salary. He is a walking 2nd round pick, dont waive him.

Agree to a point but do you play him 30 mpg if you have Bryant? No. Do you play him 20? Maybe but then what is he worth? Can he stay healthy? I'd rather let Bryant learn than play Howard starter's minutes just so you think you might be able to get a 2nd rounder from him. And I'm probably reversing what I said a few weeks ago when I thought we could get something for him. If you can get a future pick, fine. But my guess is this organization doesn't want him here for several reasons.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#94 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:This team still has no outside shooting. Wouldn't shock me if they look at Seth Curry.

On paper, he's right. Schofield, Rui, and Wagner have chances to be pretty good shooters as does Bryant. Maybe TBJ improves but sure, other than Beal, they lack proven shooters. Cory Joseph wouldn't add much either as he's a career 32.7% 3pt shooter and 44.4% overall.

My fault, I forgot the ultimate stretch five? Ian MaThreemi.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#95 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:36 pm

80sballboy wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Sato Bonga Robinson
Beal McRae Sanon
Brown Jr Schofield
Hachimura White
Bryant Voigtmann Wagner

Agree to a point but do you play him 30 mpg if you have Bryant? No. Do you play him 20? Maybe but then what is he worth? Can he stay healthy? I'd rather let Bryant learn than play Howard starter's minutes just so you think you might be able to get a 2nd rounder from him. And I'm probably reversing what I said a few weeks ago when I thought we could get something for him. If you can get a future pick, fine. But my guess is this organization doesn't want him here for several reasons.

There are 48 MPG at every position. Dwight can get 15 MPG with Bryant getting 25 MPG. The other 8 (Give or take) gets used in small ball.
You tell him straight up... We believe you have something left in the tank. Be a good sport and help the young guys, rebound, and play D. We'll move you to a contender where you will get playing time and in the playoffs.
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#96 » by truwizfan4evr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 pm

80sballboy wrote:
truwizfan4evr wrote:

On paper, he's right. Schofield, Rui, and Wagner have chances to be pretty good shooters as does Bryant. Maybe TBJ improves but sure, other than Beal, they lack proven shooters. Cory Joseph wouldn't add much either as he's a career 32.7% 3pt shooter and 44.4% overall.

My fault, I forgot the ultimate stretch five? Ian MaThreemi.
:lol:
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#97 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:45 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

There are 48 MPG at every position. Dwight can get 15 MPG with Bryant getting 25 MPG. The other 8 (Give or take) gets used in small ball.
You tell him straight up... We believe you have something left in the tank. Be a good sport and help the young guys, rebound, and play D. We'll move you to a contender where you will get playing time and in the playoffs.

That's fine but I continue to hear rumblings that they want to get rid of him. When you go for "character" guys in the draft like Rui and Schofield, Beal is practically a Saint and Troy seems like a good kid, I don't know if they want Dwight Howard mentoring the younger guys.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#98 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:45 pm

80sballboy wrote:Jemerrio Jones, and I can't believe I'm dissecting him (slow summer day), but his G-League numbers are not horrific, shooting-wise. It is amazing that is a guy who is 6-5, not considered a great leaper and isn't huge (I've seen him listed anywhere from 175 to 210 pounds) is that good a rebounder.
https://gleague.nba.com/player/jemerrio-jones/

I’ve never seen him play , but if he can defend and gives max effort he’ll get a chance to crack the rotation

Read on Twitter
?s=20
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#99 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:46 pm

If we must cut someone it will more than likely be the lower undrafted guys but, if it's not an issue just cut Ian and eat the dead cap, it's one-year don't even bother stretching him. Just buy him out and move on and he can go sign with the Lakers for the min.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#100 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:52 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:

Sato (if retained) can also knock down shots. Thomas Bryant shoots as well. We have 3pt shooting throughout the roster, just missing a dedicated gunner in the starting lineup - like say a Bogdanovic type.

The hole in the roster now is to replace Ariza’s role , we need a starting SF who can launch threes and defend big wings. Someone like Otto but who isn’t being paid a bajillion dollars

Return to Washington Wizards