ImageImageImageImageImage

BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#861 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:39 am

BDE wrote:You guys arent getting Kawhi. Hes staying here in the 6ix.

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#862 » by kblo247 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:42 am

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Kyrie is younger than butler and has statistically better defense, on top of being a more versatile scorer... Why wouldn't he be on the list too?

Kawhi is tops for me, but I would be comfortable falling back on Kyrie if we could... I'm not sure I feel the same about Butler. I might think about seeing how creative I can get with a spit if it came to him...

Jimmy Butler has played less minutes than Kyrie or Kemba for his career

False... He's played more than Kyrie... About 50 or so minutes... But still.

I never mentioned Kemba because I'm not at all interested in Kemba, but he does have fewer than Kemba.

17229 + 2048 = 19,277
17169 + 2221= 19,390

Jimmy is the top number
BDE
Senior
And1: 1,174

Post#863 » by BDE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am

Kilroy wrote:

Can you ban me if he goes to you guys? Thanks mate!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#864 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Jimmy Butler has played less minutes than Kyrie or Kemba for his career

I never mentioned Kemba because I'm not at all interested in Kemba, but he does have fewer than Kemba.

17229 + 2048 = 19,277
17169 + 2221= 19,390

Jimmy is the top number

:lol: ok... I thought playoff numbers were included when I sorted for total minutes... You win.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#865 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:45 am

BDE wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Can you ban me if he goes to you guys? Thanks mate!

Damn, I wish I could post the gif again... It's only rock n roll...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Post#866 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:45 am

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Kyrie is younger than butler and has statistically better defense, on top of being a more versatile scorer... Why wouldn't he be on the list too?

Kawhi is tops for me, but I would be comfortable falling back on Kyrie if we could... I'm not sure I feel the same about Butler. I might think about seeing how creative I can get with a spit if it came to him...

Jimmy Butler has played less minutes than Kyrie or Kemba for his career

Something else to chew on: Butler has missed 15 or more games in five of the past six seasons, and now he’s moving into his 30s. That’s going to be a problem with Leonard too; his quad thing is chronic and I doubt he’ll play more than 65 games again for the rest of his career. But that’s much easier to tolerate from an MVP candidate than a post-prime former All-Star.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#867 » by kblo247 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:47 am

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

17229 + 2048 = 19,277
17169 + 2221= 19,390

Jimmy is the top number

:lol: ok... I thought playoff numbers were included when I sorted for total minutes... You win.

Now I give you that you can argue tear from playing under Thibs and how much he likes to practice. But then you get into Kyrie's knee issues. It's tough, I would take either one because I see them as closer to an even playing field than most people do. To me adding Butler is like adding in a Pippen. Kyrie is proven with LeBron just hard to figure what he wants, where as Jimmy while being a pain in the ass will tell you just what he wants

If I'm factoring KD and Klay out, I just want KAwhi as 1, Jimmy as 2A, Kyrie as 2B, and Russel as the other plan. I would take Kemba over D'LO too if he would take D'lo's number tbh
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,690

Post#868 » by MadNESS » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:48 am

Man I don’t know how anyone could turn down:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- Owners who are willing to spend $$$
- History

Lakers are getting Kawhi. I can feel it now.
LAKESHOW
kblo247
RealGM

Post#869 » by kblo247 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:50 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Jimmy Butler has played less minutes than Kyrie or Kemba for his career

Something else to chew on: Butler has missed 15 or more games in five of the past six seasons, and now he’s moving into his 30s. That’s going to be a problem with Leonard too; his quad thing is chronic and I doubt he’ll play more than 65 games again for the rest of his career. But that’s much easier to tolerate from an MVP candidate than a post-prime former All-Star.

Kyrie has knee issues, Russell has missed more games than that, and to be honest they would be rplacing two guys in Ingram and Ball who haven't cracked 60 themselves in recent years.

Plus Jimmy only missed games this year because he wedged Wiggins and Towns panties up their ass.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#870 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 am

MadNESS wrote:Man I don’t know how anyone could turn down:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

If he really does want to be in LA as bad as we’ve been led to believe, this is the best chance he’s ever going to get. But Toronto’s got a great situation too. It’s going to be really, really interesting.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#871 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:54 am

kblo247 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Kyrie has knee issues, Russell has missed more games than that, and to be honest they would be rplacing two guys in Ingram and Ball who haven't cracked 60 themselves in recent years.

Plus Jimmy only missed games this year because he wedged Wiggins and Towns panties up their ass.

Right — which is part of the reason I’m not especially interested in any of them.
BDE
Senior

Post#872 » by BDE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:55 am

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

Raptors fan. Love the Lakers too, Kobe fan forever.
The thing with Kawhi, after watching him for a season, is that he has a ton of pride. Wants to be the man. The focal point. Hes a quiet alpha and anyone who can watch body language and understand can sense that with him. The entire Raps team took on his personality.
He may be boys with LeBron, but hes not going to expect playing second fiddle to him. And especially not third to AD, who has never won a title.

That is a HUGE block for you guys to overcome. He can win titles. He just did. And he can do it again by being #1.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,928

Post#873 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:59 am

BDE wrote:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

The thing with Kawhi, after watching him for a season, is that he has a ton of pride. Wants to be the man. The focal point. Hes a quiet alpha and anyone who can watch body language and understand can sense that with him. The entire Raps team took on his personality.
He may be boys with LeBron, but hes not going to expect playing second fiddle to him. And especially not third to AD, who has never won a title.

That is a HUGE block for you guys to overcome. He can win titles. He just did. And he can do it again by being #1.

Do you think Kawhi is a better player than either LeBron and AD or worse?

It sounds like he must think he's worse than these guys if he believes he'll be 2nd or 3rd fiddle.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#874 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 am

BDE wrote:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

This is my concern of why he wouldn’t come here actually. That and having built relationships up there.
BDE
Senior

Post#875 » by BDE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:03 am

zimpy27 wrote:
BDE wrote:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

Better than AD. In the sense that he impacts the game more. He can carry a team to victory and a title. AD has never done that. Hes an incredible player but Kawhi can will a win.

LeBron, I dont know. It's close. Lebron's got mileage and isnt quite the same as he was a few years back. Still great but comparable to Kawhi.

I'm biased but I feel Kawhi is the best player in basketball at the moment. He's that good.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#876 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:04 am

BDE wrote:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

He wouldn't be coming here to play behind LeBron though... he'd be coming here to take over for him...
He'd be 1A to ADs 1B, only with about 3 chips already in the bank...

As Alpha as he is, he also knows that after the dust settles this summer, it's going to get astronomically harder for Toronto to repeat... Brooklyn may have KD and Kyrie... The Sixers will be older and better and may still have Butler....
Then in the West, Golden state will be healthy and add some pieces... And you have AD joining LeBron and either we also get one of the other top dudes or we have money to add a couple middle tier players for depth...

Repeating is tough just on it's own... The Raptors were a little fortunate this season with the way everything worked out. I think Kawhi realizes all that and also that if he signs and extension there, you guys are going to be capped out too... It's going to be tough.
Like you said... He has an ego... If he's in Toronto next season and NOT competing for a Championship, while whoever signed with us, is... Is he going to be cool with that?

I don't know what he's going to do... I hope he comes, but in any event, I think it's far from outlandish to think he might leave.
BDE
Senior

Post#877 » by BDE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:09 am

Kilroy wrote:
BDE wrote:

- Stardom
- Lebron and AD
- Maximum contract
- Purple and Gold
- Championships
- Los Angeles
- History

He wouldn't be coming here to play behind LeBron though... he'd be coming here to take over for him...
He'd be 1A to ADs 1B, only with about 3 chips already in the bank...

As Alpha as he is, he also knows that after the dust settles this summer, it's going to get astronomically harder for Toronto to repeat... Brooklyn may have KD and Kyrie... The Sixers will be older and better and may still have Butler....
Then in the West, Golden state will be healthy and add some pieces... And you have AD joining LeBron and either we also get one of the other top dudes or we have money to add a couple middle tier players for depth...

Repeating is tough just on it's own... The Raptors were a little fortunate this season with the way everything worked out. I think Kawhi realizes all that and also that if he signs and extension there, you guys are going to be capped out too... It's going to be tough.
Like you said... He has an ego... If he's in Toronto next season and NOT competing for a Championship, while whoever signed with us, is... Is he going to be cool with that?

I don't know what he's going to do... I hope he comes, but in any event, I think it's far from outlandish to think he might leave.

KD is out for the year. Klay wont be playing ball til around April or so, so GSW is not as strong most likely.

Who else has really improved? You guys will be strong. But who else will really take a step? And who's to say Masai doesnt make another small move or two to strengthen our team?

It's not outlandish at all. We all fear it up here in Toronto. But if he goes to LA, its not for basketball reasons.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,928

Post#878 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 am

BDE wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
BDE wrote:

Better than AD. In the sense that he impacts the game more. He can carry a team to victory and a title. AD has never done that. Hes an incredible player but Kawhi can will a win.

LeBron, I dont know. It's close. Lebron's got mileage and isnt quite the same as he was a few years back. Still great but comparable to Kawhi.

I'm biased but I feel Kawhi is the best player in basketball at the moment. He's that good.

I think Kawhi is equal or better as well.

When LeBron went to Miami the whole first year was wasted because LeBron was trying to share the role with Wade. Wade decided to hand it to LeBron. LeBron has a good memory, Kawhi will be handed the keys when the team functions more efficiently with him taking the big shots, which might be day 1.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BDE
Senior

Post#879 » by BDE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:13 am

zimpy27 wrote:
BDE wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I think Kawhi is equal or better as well.

When LeBron went to Miami the whole first year was wasted because LeBron was trying to share the role with Wade. Wade decided to hand it to LeBron. LeBron has a good memory, Kawhi will be handed the keys when the team functions more efficiently with him taking the big shots, which might be day 1.

That will have to be the pitch. LeBron assuring Kawhi he will be the Man.

Question is - will Kawhi buy that? I dont know.

May the best team win.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#880 » by Landsberger » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:20 am

jay51024 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't a gift..... LeBron will sell a *hit ton of jerseys this year.... even too the people who have his jersey. It's a shrewd business move.... one that kept Kobe tops in sales for many years.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers