Post#21 » by Senchu » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Where King George at?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Re: 2020 Draft / Tim Duncan Memorial Tank thread 

Post#22 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Curry should retire for a year and peruse a career in the PGA

I have a STRONG feeling that LeBron is going to try to work his magic and force a trade to GS. This is a golden opportunity if Thompson or Durant would do a S&T.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#23 » by xfactor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Phreak50 wrote:You have what you call a perennial dpoy in Green. A multiple MVP and champion in Curry and want to tank?

You’ve either had it way too good or have overrated your players.

Merge that with sub g-league talent, and you have a prime lottery team.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#24 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 pm

xfactor wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:You have what you call a perennial dpoy in Green. A multiple MVP and champion in Curry and want to tank?

Even if draymond goes out, if you surround curry with role players that are decent shooters and can defend, that team will make the playoffs.
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#25 » by FloydWarrior » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 am

You guys never fail to put a smile on my face with these tanks threads. :lol:

Back to the "old days" for next season that's what I say: Tank away!

We need a top 10 talent on next year's draft to add to our rotation. Assuming the big four stay together, our bench will be thin as **** so we really need a surefire bet with that one.

marthafokker wrote:I want to be tank Commander this time!

GSW needs rest from all those playoff runs. Don't care about where the lottery ball lands. Still way better than last 3 picks. Hope top 10 pick can get enough scoring help than junk off then bench.

And Myers need to stop beotching about GSW don't need scoring off the bench and get some pigs. GSW did not even try to work the waver wire when other teams stack theirs. This 2020 of course. For 2019 off season, sign me. I can help as FA, to get a few extra ping pong balls. Hehehe.

Private FloydWarrior reporting to duty!

Sleepy51 wrote:

If it was good enough for the Spurs, it’s good enough for us.

Get Rekt. David Robinson avatar, oh the irony.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#26 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:35 am

with Steph/Dray we can still make the POs, and Klay should be back by then...come on peoples!
clyde21
RealGM

Post#27 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 am

Coxy wrote:Who are the top guys slated in this draft? Are there any top C's?

there are plenty of bigs in this draft (19) but i'd rather go wing or combo guard with our first...Thybulle and Edwards should be the top 2 targets unless someone drops
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,092

Post#28 » by The-Power » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 am

This or 2020? In 2020, the answer is yes: James Wiseman.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#29 » by likashing » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 pm

We don’t rate our players, let alone overrating them.

The issue is the bipolar fans who at one hand say Steph/Draymond etc sucks, while on the other hand say the Warriors are stacked before KD joined.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 pm

clyde21 wrote:

there are plenty of bigs in this draft (19) but i'd rather go wing or combo guard with our first...Thybulle and Edwards should be the top 2 targets unless someone drops

Being serious....why do you want Edwards so bad? He's only 6 feet tall. Are you convinced he's VanVleet?

We need wings. We have to replace Livingston and eventually Iguodala.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
”
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#31 » by CalGTR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Being serious....why do you want Edwards so bad? He's only 6 feet tall. Are you convinced he's VanVleet?

We need wings. We have to replace Livingston and eventually Iguodala.

This. We desperately need wings. This is particularly true if KD leaves, but true regardless. The front office has some real challenges ahead in providing our core guys with enough support.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#32 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Won’t Shaq’s son be in the 2020 draft? At this point he’s a forward. He might get another growth spurt and end up a big, but when he left high school he was a slasher, right?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#33 » by FloydWarrior » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/warriors-lowering-bar-expectations-uncertatin-future-looming

“Next year will be a totally different approach after spending the past two seasons give our guys rest,” said one source with knowledge of the team’s thinking. “Now it’s all about bringing these young guys along and throwing them into the fire.”

Music to my ears.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#34 » by Thugleavy34 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:43 pm

November 2019: Warriors tank and sit Curry for the whole season
December 2019: Warriors surprisingly have a losing record, Bob Myers fires Steve Kerr and becomes head coach
June 2020: Warriors use #1 pick to draft perennial first team all nba, top 10 of all time player
2035: Bob Myers is considered greatest coach of all time
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#35 » by jaymo123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:November 2019: Warriors tank and sit Curry for the whole season
December 2019: Warriors surprisingly have a losing record, Bob Myers fires Steve Kerr and becomes head coach
June 2020: Warriors use #1 pick to draft perennial first team all nba, top 10 of all time player
2035: Bob Myers is considered greatest coach of all time

Pop, is that you?
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#36 » by statsman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:36 pm

People are actually thinking about pissing away a year of what's left of Curry's prime? I would like to think this thread is sarcasm, but some Warriors fans now have a delusional view of their place in the league.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#37 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Evans and Jones need to play 35+ minutes/game this season. They will hustle so it looks like we are trying but playing them that much should guarantee a lot of losses. Also OK with re-signing Jerebko for the vet minimum again and giving him big minutes; he is a great hustle guy that ultimately will give up more points on defense than he generates on offense, so he's another guy that can generate losses while looking like we are trying to win.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#38 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:57 pm

statsman wrote:People are actually thinking about pissing away a year of what's left of Curry's prime? I would like to think this thread is sarcasm, but some Warriors fans now have a delusional view of their place in the league.

You act like Warrior fans want to piss away a year of Curry's prime. At what point do you realize, hey maybe the team as constructed just cannot do anything productive this year other than develop players and plan for the next couple years so that those don't go to waste as well for Curry's prime years?

Warriors are going to try to compete. But a lot of it depends on what happens this off season. If their roster is lackluster, do you want Curry running himself into the ground to maybe fight for the playoffs. Or would you rather make sure Curry stays healthy and gets much deserved rest after 5 years. It's also going to depend on how healthy Klay is. I have no doubt he comes back months before the playoffs, but I'd rather he use that time to get back into shape, not get ready for the playoffs if it seems like an uphill battle that's risky. I don't know about you, but I think there's room to evaluate the situation as the season goes.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#39 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 am

[gfycat][/gfycat]
statsman wrote:People are actually thinking about pissing away a year of what's left of Curry's prime? I would like to think this thread is sarcasm, but some Warriors fans now have a delusional view of their place in the league.

i agree with Steph/Dray we can still possibly sneak into the playoffs, but man the West is tough....I can see every WC team vying for PO positions other than Phoenix and Memphis at this point.

also, you said it...Steph's prime, do we want to overwork him this season just to try and get 8 seed? i'm not saying punt the year, but I don't think i'd go all out either...
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#40 » by xfactor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:57 am

jamesnamida wrote:
xfactor wrote:

Even if draymond goes out, if you surround curry with role players that are decent shooters and can defend, that team will make the playoffs.

Unlikely.

Return to Golden State Warriors