ImageImage

Still too-early roster projections

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Re: Still too-early roster projections 

Post#21 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:34 pm

I'm thinking Dedmon doesn't come back. I know TS loves his vets on this young team, but I think Dedmon will get offers over 20 for 2 years. At 2 years for 20M, I can see bringing him in. Paying him more is creating a bad contract situation. If Dedmon is brought back on a 2 year deal, I would want to trade him for a FRP. To do that he would have to be on a good deal.

If his price is closer to 25M, I think he gets too expensive to bring back a FRP, so for this rebuilding team, I would pass. With Len, Nando and Plumlee we could just bring in a young guy for emergency or try to get a deal on a young FA
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#22 » by hawks_fan25 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I'm thinking Dedmon doesn't come back. I know TS loves his vets on this young team, but I think Dedmon will get offers over 20 for 2 years. At 2 years for 20M, I can see bringing him in. Paying him more is creating a bad contract situation. If Dedmon is brought back on a 2 year deal, I would want to trade him for a FRP. To do that he would have to be on a good deal.

If his price is closer to 25M, I think he gets too expensive to bring back a FRP, so for this rebuilding team, I would pass. With Len, Nando and Plumlee we could just bring in a young guy for emergency or try to get a deal on a young FA

I agree with you on all accounts. I don't necessarily think Plumlee should ever see the court unless there are some injuries, but I think Len and Bruno will be serviceable. If we were on the verge of contending this year then it would make sense to overpay for a starting center. I do like our lineup, but I really want VC back most of all. I think his contributions are invaluable to all our young wings as well as Trae, JC and Omari.

I still think with the lineup as is we are an 8th seed. With Dedmon and VC back in the fold we are solidly in the playoffs. The east is just going to be bad this year IMHO.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#23 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I'm thinking Dedmon doesn't come back. I know TS loves his vets on this young team, but I think Dedmon will get offers over 20 for 2 years. At 2 years for 20M, I can see bringing him in. Paying him more is creating a bad contract situation. If Dedmon is brought back on a 2 year deal, I would want to trade him for a FRP. To do that he would have to be on a good deal.

I agree with you on all accounts. I don't necessarily think Plumlee should ever see the court unless there are some injuries, but I think Len and Bruno will be serviceable. If we were on the verge of contending this year then it would make sense to overpay for a starting center. I do like our lineup, but I really want VC back most of all. I think his contributions are invaluable to all our young wings as well as Trae, JC and Omari.

I still think with the lineup as is we are an 8th seed. With Dedmon and VC back in the fold we are solidly in the playoffs. The east is just going to be bad this year IMHO.

The Hawks don't have $20 mil in capspace to sign him. His early bird right is $12.3 mil. Hawks have $13 mil in space.

I would be very surprised if he gets $20 mil. Which teams that need a starting C, has the capspace to do so and is also a playoff team? Boston? Sac? I see him maxing out at $15 and that still seems high.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#24 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:53 am

jayu70 wrote:
hawks_fan25 wrote:

The Hawks don't have $20 mil in capspace to sign him. His early bird right is $12.3 mil. Hawks have $13 mil in space.

I would be very surprised if he gets $20 mil. Which teams that need a starting C, has the capspace to do so and is also a playoff team? Boston? Sac? I see him maxing out at $15 and that still seems high.

My figures were based on 2 years. At 10M per I want him
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,493

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:00 pm

Chris Kirchner wrote:The loss of Dedmon hurts the Hawks. He is an ideal center to play alongside John Collins...The emergence of Len being an effective 3-point shooter this past season does lessen the blow, but Len's lack of athleticism is going to hurt the Hawks defensively. Len is not the long-term answer for the Hawks at center, and it would be unwise to think otherwise.

Collins’ long-term position hasn’t been solidified, but we might see him play more center this season with De’Andre Hunter being capable of playing the four. Spellman is still a mystery as to what type of player he can be; if he can remain in shape, he gives the Hawks someone who can space the floor, which is ideally what the team wants out of its center.
The Athletic

A lineup with Spellman, Huerter and Hunter all spreading the floor could be really effective on both ends of the floor.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#26 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:29 pm

Thought on Len?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#27 » by jayu70 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:33 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Thought on Len?

He's currently our starting C.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#28 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:41 pm

1. Hunter was targeted due to his ability to guard 1-5 and they see him filling into Prince spot. 

2. Adams has to prove he can run a team and some or they are moving from him which is likely before July 10th. Hawks could be looking to add another PG even with Evan T as the backup PG.

3. Hawks have offered several players on the current market but for a certain amount.

4. Hawks want another 5. 

5. Hawks want VC back but minutes will be more limited.

6. Hawks offered Looney a good offer but he took less to stay in GS.

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#29 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:11 pm

Trae / Evans / FA
Heurter / Cam / Crabbe
Hunter / Bembry / Soloman
Collins / Spellman / Parsons
Len / FA / Bruno
jayu70
RealGM

Post#30 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:15 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Trae / Evans / FA
Heurter / Cam / Crabbe
Len / FA / Bruno

Solomon Hill was traded.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#31 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:17 pm

jayu70 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:Trae / Evans / FA
Heurter / Cam / Crabbe
Len / FA / Bruno

Solomon Hill was traded.

Thanks
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#32 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:17 pm

Is Parker going to start at C?
hawks_fan25
Sophomore

Post#33 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:28 pm

I'll bet Omari is the odd man out of the rotation right now. This is what he gets for showing up fat and out-of-shape to summer league. I still hope Len starts at center and Parker joins the bench crew. Good bench unit with Turner, Bembry, Reddish, Parker, Crabbe, Fernando and Spellman.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#34 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:28 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Is Parker going to start at C?

No
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#35 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:30 pm

jayu70 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:Is Parker going to start at C?

No

How do you see the rotations playing out?
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#36 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:45 pm

Trae / Evans / FA
Heurter / Cam / Crabbe
Hunter / Bembry / Parsons
Collins / Jabari / Spellman
Len / Bruno

???
hawks_fan25
Sophomore

Post#37 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:49 pm

Young / Turner
Huerter / Bembry / Crabbe
Hunter / Reddish / Parsons
Collins / Parker
Len / Spellman / Fernando

I still think we will sign another C and Omari will slide down the depth chart at PF. You develop Bruno for the first few months and he takes over the back up center spot (hopefully). Take what you can get out of Crabbe and Parsons and hope it's enough to coax a trade at the deadline. One more young big would be good so that Parker, Spellman, Len, Fernando & FA all have to compete for their minutes.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore

Post#38 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:59 pm

More specifically:

240 available minutes:
Trae = 30, Turner = 18
Huerter = 27, Bembry = 18
Hunter = 24, Reddish = 24
Collins = 30, Parker = 18
Len = 24, Spellman = 10, Fernando = 10

That leaves 7 minutes for Crabbe and Parsons. Injuries/rest will open up some more, but that's my general expectation. The second unit back court of Turner, Bembry and Reddish is nice because they are all interchangeable depending on matchups.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,493

Post#39 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM