ImageImageImageImageImage

BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#901 » by kblo247 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:
King23James wrote:Lebron has in his head AD playing center. Bosh sacrificed his game by playing center, to fit Lebron but bosh was better at PF. Love refused to sacrifice and play center, he couldnt play center and thats why Cleveland didnt work out like in Miami.
AD best position is center.

I think McGee will be the starting C, so AD can play PF and will be able to roam the 3pt line and stretch the floor.

I can see AD sliding down and playing the 4 inspires but starting at the 5 like with Mirotic. He’s not going to strictly be a 5 but I think he has no problem starting there like with Mirotic
Texas_Lakers
Senior
And1: 354

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#902 » by Texas_Lakers » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Get ready folks, the next 72-96 hours are going to be lit.
2018 Los Angeles Rams
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#903 » by Pointgod » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Texas_Lakers wrote:Get ready folks, the next 72-96 hours are going to be lit.

Sunday at 6pm is going to be my Super Bowl, World Cup and olympics all wrapped in one.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#904 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Pointgod wrote:

Sunday at 6pm is going to be my Super Bowl, World Cup and olympics all wrapped in one.

I think this dampers the Sunday opening at least for us. I doubt kawhi decides before taking all meetings, though not impossible. I’d expect the following days to be more meaningful for us.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#905 » by myersia » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Slava wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

What?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#906 » by Beethoven » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:52 pm

oh yeah..

Kawhi here we come
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#907 » by chefy12 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Love this.

Shows how committed AD is to winning a ship and that rob actually knows what he’s doing.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#908 » by Danny Darko » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Read on Twitter
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#909 » by TyCobb » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Haha. Pretty good!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

Post#910 » by mastermixer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:08 am

Question about the AD Trade.

When AD waived his $4 mill trade kicker. Was that $4 mil per year, or a one time $4 mil?
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#911 » by Landsberger » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:26 am

mastermixer wrote:Question about the AD Trade.

When AD waived his $4 mill trade kicker. Was that $4 mil per year, or a one time $4 mil?

He's only being traded once.... it's a trade kicker.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

Post#912 » by mastermixer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:54 am

Landsberger wrote:

I meant. Would it have been 4 mill per year for the life of his contract. Or just one 4 mil payment
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#913 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:56 am

mastermixer wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

I meant. Would it have been 4 mill per year for the life of his contract. Or just one 4 mil payment

One payment.
Formerly lakerRD
jay51024
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#914 » by jay51024 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:15 pm

Read on Twitter
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#915 » by iamworthy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:21 pm

Did he say LA was slow motion! Is he talking about the traffic?
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,970

Post#916 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:27 pm

Yeah, I was going to say, that's the first time I've ever heard of LA as slow motion.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#917 » by myersia » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:23 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, I was going to say, that's the first time I've ever heard of LA as slow motion.

I think he meant people are more relaxed and chilled in LA. I will tell you this is true. I’m living in the Midwest and people are so uptight here.

Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#918 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:41 pm

myersia wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:Yeah, I was going to say, that's the first time I've ever heard of LA as slow motion.

I think he meant people are more relaxed and chilled in LA. I will tell you this is true. I’m living in the Midwest and people are so uptight here.

Have only visited, so I can't weigh in. But I remember Phil Jackson saying how tightly wound he found the people in L.A.; he blamed the traffic. Which I get. It's bad enough where I live in Atlanta, to the point that I almost never leave a two- or three-mile radius if I can help it. I bought a 600-square foot studio apartment for one-third of what I could have afforded for a house out in the 'burbs, and I jumped on it for one reason: 1.1 miles to work.

But I stayed near LAX one time and drove over to Staples for a game, and unless you've actually been in it, it's almost impossible to describe. It took almost a half hour just to get on the freeway. I remember talking to Mark Heisler one time and he was all excited because he found an affordable new house that was going to cut his commute down to 45 minutes. Think about that: 90 minutes in the car round trip, and that was a significant improvement.

But then you have the beach and the ridiculously amazing weather and all the other amenities of a world-class city, so I guess it's a wash.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#919 » by Takes5 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:06 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
myersia wrote:

Have only visited, so I can't weigh in. But I remember Phil Jackson saying how tightly wound he found the people in L.A.; he blamed the traffic. Which I get. It's bad enough where I live in Atlanta, to the point that I almost never leave a two- or three-mile radius if I can help it. I bought a 600-square foot studio apartment for one-third of what I could have afforded for a house out in the 'burbs, and I jumped on it for one reason: 1.1 miles to work.

But I stayed near LAX one time and drove over to Staples for a game, and unless you've actually been in it, it's almost impossible to describe. It took almost a half hour just to get on the freeway. I remember talking to Mark Heisler one time and he was all excited because he found an affordable new house that was going to cut his commute down to 45 minutes. Think about that: 90 minutes in the car round trip, and that was a significant improvement.

But then you have the beach and the ridiculously amazing weather and all the other amenities of a world-class city, so I guess it's a wash.

That’s why Kobe had a helicopter :lol:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#920 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:08 pm

Takes5 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
myersia wrote:

That’s why Kobe had a helicopter :lol:

If money is no object, I can’t even imagine how amazing LA would be.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers