Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Re: WOJ: Utah gets Bogdanovic 

Post#21 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:18 pm

stitches wrote:
Read on Twitter

You know, I'm just bitter. No sweet in this for me, not without another big acquisition. We are going to lose so much on defense, toughness, and reliability... I hope it works. Are we really going to outscore teams with James Harden, Lebron James and Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard?
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#22 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 pm

Leaving this one here:
One of those is not like the other... one of those got 100M less than the other two...
stitches
RealGM

Post#23 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 pm

This will be the ultimate test of fit over quality. IMO Favors is better player but Bojan is supposedly a great fit. Lets see how this goes. If nothing else, there is no longer any excuses. Lets see what this team can do now. I don't want to hear it anymore. If we stay relatively healthy, this is an exceptionally well fitting team at least in the starting lineup.

We cannot really blame the FO for not going for it. This deal might not look great at the back end, but for next season it should give us good chance to compete.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#24 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:30 pm

stitches wrote:Leaving this one here:
Spoiler:

One of those is not like the other... one of those got 100M less than the other two...

One of these is really not like the others

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#25 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 pm

stitches wrote:This will be the ultimate test of fit over quality. IMO Favors is better player but Bojan is supposedly a great fit. Lets see how this goes. If nothing else, there is no longer any excuses. Lets see what this team can do now. I don't want to hear it anymore. If we stay relatively healthy, this is an exceptionally well fitting team at least in the starting lineup.

We cannot really blame the FO for not going for it. This deal might not look great at the back end, but for next season it should give us good chance to compete.

I don't know about that. There are two sides to this game, and Bogey is not a good fit defensively.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#26 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 pm

stitches wrote:This will be the ultimate test of fit over quality. IMO Favors is better player but Bojan is supposedly a great fit. Lets see how this goes. If nothing else, there is no longer any excuses. Lets see what this team can do now. I don't want to hear it anymore. If we stay relatively healthy, this is an exceptionally well fitting team at least in the starting lineup.

I don't know about that. There are two sides to this game, and Bogey is not a good fit defensively.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#27 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:36 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Spoiler:

I think that Bojan has more scoring and creation ability, but it would have been nice to have the rebounding and rim protection of Mirotic. I'll go on record and say that I was in favor of trading Favors for Mirotic, but only for Favors not the additional 1st a year or two ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
stitches
RealGM

Post#28 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

KqWIN wrote:

I guess we will test the "Rudy is what makes this D special" thing too...
stitches
RealGM

Post#29 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:38 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Spoiler:

Yah... one of those decided to leave tons of money on the table in order to run away from competition and a chance to compete for NBA title.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#30 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:40 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Spoiler:

Yah... one of those decided to leave tons of money on the table in order to run away from competition and a chance to compete for NBA title.
Or maybe his wife wanted to move back to Europe, closer to home. Happy wife, happy life.

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#31 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

He's going to have to average 20 rebounds per a game.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#32 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

Or maybe his wife wanted to move back to Europe, closer to home. Happy wife, happy life.

I didn't want Mirotic. But it seems like retirement in your early 30s, as a filthy multimillionair, family should be happy dealing with a couple more years in luxury in not your favorite place, so you can get another 60 years in your favorite place without looking back at what could have been.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
stitches
RealGM

Post#33 » by stitches » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:45 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

Tony Jones is saying the plan is to move Ingles to the bench as a sixth man and find a starting PF with the MLE...
Luigi
General Manager

Post#34 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:45 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

As the roster stands, everytime Gobert sits down, we are going to give up dozens of extra points :lol:

We got a lot smaller this year. Conley is smaller than Rubio. Bogdanovic is a lot smaller than Favors.
Luigi
General Manager

Post#35 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:I guess we will test the "Rudy is what makes this D special" thing too...

Tony Jones is saying the plan is to move Ingles to the bench as a sixth man and find a starting PF with the MLE...

Is Phoenix gonna help us get a full MLE?

Carroll already signed with the Spurs (2/13), and Ariza with the Kings (2/25).
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#36 » by dr0welf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:46 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:I guess we will test the "Rudy is what makes this D special" thing too...

or with the TPE we get from moving Favors to where he wants to go for a copy machine
Luigi
General Manager

Post#37 » by Luigi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm

dr0welf wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

or with the TPE we get from moving Favors to where he wants to go for a copy machine

I hope we get something for his departure.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#38 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:50 pm

KqWIN wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

You don’t have to offensive rebound when all the shots are going in!!
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#39 » by KqWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

He mentioned Jeff Green...honestly didn't realize how well he played in the WAS. One of the better years of his career for sure as he transitions into more of a stretch. 2000+ minute player with some at C.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#40 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:10 am

I like Bojan but this feels like another mistake. I wouldn't have let Favors go for Bojan. I think Portis was a better option that made more sense due to the age difference and his ability to rebound while still being able to shoot 3s. We'll have Bojan until he's 34, which is not ideal either. I wonder what PF the Jazz can get with the money they have left.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz