Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#61 » by Frank Nova » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:26 am

TroyD92 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:So is our starting back court next year Bledsoe and whoever wins the battle between Sterling and Donte?

Theres no money left now after the Hill signing right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app

There's a 10-12 million TPE and teams scrambling to create cap.
So that means we can basically absorb a 10-12m contract?

RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#62 » by skones » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:27 am

TroyD92 wrote:
skones wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:Lol..he was really good in the playoffs. Might not be done yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app

When we dealt for Hill, I plainly stated, "I don't think you guys realize how much better George Hill is going to make us." I was on team Hill, I love George Hill, but he's 33 years old and no team in the entire league was going to pay him 10m a season. It's a problem when you've got a team and there is not a single contract on it you can feel really good about sans Giannis. You NEED that.

He's essentially on a two year contract. you can easily trade him in the 2nd year. This isn't Tony Snell

Have we not been around here long enough to know that the "you can easily trade him" stuff just sounds dumber and dumber and dumber as the years go by? Trading him later on isn't the point. Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that. That's a problem, that's a massive red flag.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#63 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:27 am

Frank Nova wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:So is our starting back court next year Bledsoe and whoever wins the battle between Sterling and Donte?

So that means we can basically absorb a 10-12m contract?

Exactly
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#64 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:29 am

TroyD92 wrote:

plus we still have the 4.6 room exception right?
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#65 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:29 am

skones wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
skones wrote:
When we dealt for Hill, I plainly stated, "I don't think you guys realize how much better George Hill is going to make us." I was on team Hill, I love George Hill, but he's 33 years old and no team in the entire league was going to pay him 10m a season. It's a problem when you've got a team and there is not a single contract on it you can feel really good about sans Giannis. You NEED that.

He's essentially on a two year contract. you can easily trade him in the 2nd year. This isn't Tony Snell

Have we not been around here long enough to know that the "you can easily trade him" stuff just sounds dumber and dumber and dumber as the year's go by? Trading him later on isn't the point. Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that.

Dude was one of the most important players on the team last year. I don't really understand what the problem here is. Did they overpay a little ? Probably. Did the overpay make the expiring contract more valuable in year two? Probably.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

TroyD92
RealGM

Post#66 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:30 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

plus we still have the 4.6 room exception right?

Someone mentioned that, but I'm not sure myself.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#67 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:30 am

Assuming we waived and stretched Leuer, I think we should still have ~$2-2.5M *before* signing Khris and then the room exception after that. Trading Ersan still in play and now a shiny new TPE as well. Still time to be creative for Horst.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,742

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:32 am

Huh. Okay!
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#69 » by LuessiT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:33 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Assuming we waived and stretched Leuer, I think we should still have ~$2-2.5M *before* signing Khris and then the room exception after that. Trading Ersan still in play and now a shiny new TPE as well. Still time to be creative for Horst.

Nah if we waived and stretched Leuer we shouldn't have anything left. That said they have time to maybe fully offload Leuer between now and the 6th.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#70 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:34 am

This is a good move.
SickMother
Senior
And1: 610

Post#71 » by SickMother » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:35 am

BigO wrote:If there is not another significant move now, can someone explain to me how coming back with the same team minus brogdon makes us better? I'm curious.

Giannis has gotten better every season of his career.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,983

Post#72 » by Daver » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:37 am

Has to be another move for a SG than starting 33 year old hill he was perfect off the bench
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#73 » by skones » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:37 am

TroyD92 wrote:
skones wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Have we not been around here long enough to know that the "you can easily trade him" stuff just sounds dumber and dumber and dumber as the year's go by? Trading him later on isn't the point. Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that.

Dude was one of the most important players on the team last year. I don't really understand what the problem here is. Did they overpay a little ? Probably. Did the overpay make the expiring contract more valuable in year two? Probably.

George Hill is a bench player, an old bench player, who missed 10 games for us, has a history of hip problems, and is only getting older. George Hill was a steady backup in a place where we previously had Delly. It was a massive upgrade. Playoff George Hill was lightning in a bottle. You don't pay for lightning in a bottle because it's an outlier. We paid for lightning in a bottle. We didn't pay for the guy he was for us in the regular season.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,069

Post#74 » by rilamann » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:37 am

RiotPunch wrote:

It's time for Horst to find this years version of the Lopez signing last year. Sucks losing Brogdon but if Horst can pull a Lopez part 2 I think we're in pretty good shape.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#75 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:37 am

Decent. Was terrified that they were losing him.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,939

Post#76 » by BigO » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:38 am

TroyD92 wrote:
BigO wrote:If there is not another significant move now, can someone explain to me how coming back with the same team minus brogdon makes us better? I'm curious.

Is anyone saying that? Literally anyone?

Then, if everyone agrees that losing Brogdon with no other big additions, makes the team worse, the only justification for not signing him is that the billionaire owners didn't want to pay the luxury tax. Is there any other conclusion?
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#77 » by slos » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:38 am

Streching Leuer clears 6,3 mil, unloading Ilyasova clears 7 mil. One of this should happen and I hope it's the second. I don't like dead money. Sign a backup C with the room exception, keep Leuer as fifth big and see what you can do with his expiring contract.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#78 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:38 am

skones wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
skones wrote:

George Hill is a bench player, an old bench player, who missed 10 games for us, has a history of hip problems, and is only getting older. George Hill was a steady backup in a place where we previously had Delly. It was a massive upgrade. Playoff George Hill was lightning in a bottle. You don't pay for lightning in a bottle because it's an outlier. We paid for lightning in a bottle. We didn't pay for the guy he was for us in the regular season.

I think you are massively underselling Hill's impact.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#79 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:38 am

LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Nah if we waived and stretched Leuer we shouldn't have anything left. That said they have time to maybe fully offload Leuer between now and the 6th.

I guess it depends on whether or not we're counting the Brogdon TPE against our books already. If so, yeah, we've def got no space. But really, even if we had the space I'm calculating without Brogdon's TPE, it would just be a competitive offer for a vet min guy anyways.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#80 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:39 am

This was essential after Brogdon left but this team will be so screwed if Giannis leaves.
Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks