rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#101 » by rrayy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:56 am

skones wrote:
rrayy wrote:
skones wrote:
Have we not been around here long enough to know that the "you can easily trade him" stuff just sounds dumber and dumber and dumber as the year's go by? Trading him later on isn't the point. Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that. That's a problem, that's a massive red flag.
You have absolutely no clue how good Hill is going to be. For all you know, he outplays his contract and the value is better than the dollars spent. You are clearly calling Horst incompetent because you hate the move. There is absolutely no way you can claim they he clearly incapable of anything right now. So, it is ludicrous to make sweeping declarations like that.

k horsty
Translation: I lost the argument.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#102 » by skones » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:57 am

rrayy wrote:
skones wrote:
rrayy wrote:You have absolutely no clue how good Hill is going to be. For all you know, he outplays his contract and the value is better than the dollars spent. You are clearly calling Horst incompetent because you hate the move. There is absolutely no way you can claim they he clearly incapable of anything right now. So, it is ludicrous to make sweeping declarations like that.

k horsty

Not at all. By your own logic it's useless to speculate on anything (which is the entire point of this board) because, well, like, you can't see into the future man.

But wow, I'm sure Middleton's going to really earn that huge deal, so is Lopez for all four years, and now Hill! Are you even looking at the numbers on these deals? Use common sense.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#103 » by CountMe3Outs » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:58 am

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#104 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:59 am

"Everyone knows" is my favorite phrase I read here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#105 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:59 am

George Hill proved to be one of the only dudes on our team not afraid of the ECF lights. Love having him back, but yeah, giving a lot of money to older players is always risky.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
SickMother
Senior
And1: 610

Post#106 » by SickMother » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:03 am

vital_signs wrote:
SickMother wrote:
BigO wrote:If there is not another significant move now, can someone explain to me how coming back with the same team minus brogdon makes us better? I'm curious.

Giannis has gotten better every season of his career.

So Giannis is going to improve to the point where he replaces Brogdon's production?

Yes. I am predicting that Giannis will go for 42/17/9 next year & single handedly replace Malcolm's production.

The reality is a maybe improved Giannis, with a full season of Hill, plus hopefully similar production from Bled/Khris/Brook, plus one or more of Sterling/Pat/DDV taking a step forward with more consistent burn, plus functional back up bigs in Ersan/DJ (not to mention future moves yet to be made) can very easily exceed 60 wins & the ECF.

Or maybe not, I guess we'll have to wait & see.
rrayy
Senior

Post#107 » by rrayy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:03 am

skones wrote:
rrayy wrote:
skones wrote:
k horsty

Not at all. By your own logic it's useless to speculate on anything (which is the entire point of this board) because, well, like, you can't see into the future man.

But wow, I'm sure Middleton's going to really earn that huge deal, so is Lopez for all four years, and now Hill! Are you even looking at the numbers on these deals? Use common sense.
I'm not the one proclaiming the future. You are:

skones wrote:Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that. That's a problem, that's a massive red flag.
You clearly claim Hill will not be worth the dollars spent. You are the one claiming that because of that Horst is incompetent. All I am saying is that we have no idea how he is going to play therefore we have no idea what his value will be in relation to the money spent.

Edited out comment. Post on the subject not derogatory on the poster. MD
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#108 » by drone3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:06 am

Yes! really wanted Hill back, he was amazing
skones
RealGM

Post#109 » by skones » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:06 am

rrayy wrote:
skones wrote:
rrayy wrote:Translation: I lost the argument.

skones wrote:Being a two year contract isn't the point. It's about the value being greater than dollars spent. That's what good organizations do year after year. Horst has CLEARLY demonstrated he's incapable of getting that. That's a problem, that's a massive red flag.
You clearly claim Hill will not be worth the dollars spent. You are the one claiming that because of that Horst is incompetent. All I am saying is that we have no idea how he is going to play therefore we have no idea what his value will be in relation to the money spent.

None of us here saw those Delly/Snell/Plumlee/etc deals as awful when they were signed. None of us. Because an NBA GM signed them, we were all completely blindsided when they went south.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#110 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:07 am

Love having Hill back. It's bit more than I was hoping to pay for. Still think we need to make a move with that TPE to add another quality contributor.
Je K
Rookie
And1: 1,647

Post#111 » by Je K » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:07 am

MickeyDavis wrote:"Everyone knows" is my favorite phrase I read here.

Everyone knows there are way better phrases here
"We’re not dysfunctional."
-Alex Lasry
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#112 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:08 am

This is a good deal. Glad to have him back and I doubt this turns out like our previous 10M/year deals.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#113 » by LuessiT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:08 am

machu46 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is what I was afraid of. We really might have burned the TPE to give 33 year old Hill another few thousand.

I really hope we have another path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I've read that you can S&T a player even after you waived him. I'll get a quote on it.

Edit:

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced (see question number 39), as long as all the above criteria are met.

Tada. So this gets you another 700k (1600k - min roster hold (900k)) which is exactly how much you need.

Edit 2: To even think we didn't crunch the numbers on this is kinda stupid tbh.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#114 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:09 am

You can't win a championship without veteran role players. That's just the way it works. I'm way more concerned about BroLo's deal than I am for Hill's. This is probably the biggest no-brainer move out of everything.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#115 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:09 am

skones wrote:
rrayy wrote:
skones wrote:

I am done with you. No sense in dealing with a guy who thinks he is smarter than an NBA GM.

None of us here saw those Delly/Snell/Plumlee/etc deals as awful when they were signed. None of us. Because an NBA GM signed them, we were all completely blindsided when they went south.

This guy is doing a terrible job explaining his rational lmao.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#116 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:14 am

skones wrote:None of us here saw those Delly/Snell/Plumlee/etc deals as awful when they were signed. None of us. Because an NBA GM signed them, we were all completely blindsided when they went south.

That's a load of crap.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
rrayy
Senior

Post#117 » by rrayy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:15 am

RiotPunch wrote:George Hill proved to be one of the only dudes on our team not afraid of the ECF lights. Love having him back, but yeah, giving a lot of money to older players is always risky.
Free agency is risky in general.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#118 » by Buck Dweller » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:16 am

jakecronus8 wrote:The Bucks spent roughly 259 million dollars today to be worse next year and people are acting like it’s a big win. I don’t get it.

Now that the team got a little success, we're back to that Kohl-era dewy-eyed acquiescence
skones
RealGM

Post#119 » by skones » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:16 am

RiotPunch wrote:
skones wrote:None of us here saw those Delly/Snell/Plumlee/etc deals as awful when they were signed. None of us. Because an NBA GM signed them, we were all completely blindsided when they went south.

That's a load of crap.

CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#120 » by CJTURT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:18 am

M-C-G wrote:I like it. Hill has plenty left in the tank and I think with Brog going this became very important

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup

Return to Milwaukee Bucks