ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft / Tim Duncan Memorial Tank thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Re: 2020 Draft / Tim Duncan Memorial Tank thread 

Post#41 » by xfactor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:58 am

statsman wrote:People are actually thinking about pissing away a year of what's left of Curry's prime? I would like to think this thread is sarcasm, but some Warriors fans now have a delusional view of their place in the league.

Just to update you, the term is 'load management'
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#42 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:52 pm

I think we may have made a big mistake not drafting Bol Bol. Bol played great, definitely one of the best players in the NCAA as a freshman but that injury took him out. But it's not so much the injury concern as I think he just dropped off the national radar and became an afterthought.

I am looking into it and Bol has a 7-8 wingspan and is blocking shots like Dikembe, drilling pull up dribble 3's at 50% like KD, and running the offense at center like Jokic. All I can think to myself is, we didn't use a pick on this guy? Not even a 2nd rounder? He's top 10 talent no doubt. But just thinking to myself how unstoppable we would be with him. Our centers clog the paint, imagine a guy up top drilling 3's? Or even our rim protection adding a 7-8 wingspan to the middle of the floor next to KD and Draymond. Plus he can pass the ball, imagine a 7 footer who can shoot and pass off the screen?

Considering Bol landed in Denver we may not realize his talent fully considering Jokic will take most of the minutes every night.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#43 » by BW32 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Bumping this now that the KD FA is done with. Get on board people it's gonna be a hell of a ride.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#44 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:22 am

Time for Curry to fail a drug test
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#45 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:40 am

No to the tank. Do not waste Steph, Klay and Green's prime years, just reload and go again.

I'll be calling out anyone that posts here wanting to go down this triple soft ass loser mentality approach all of next season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#46 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:57 am

Coxy wrote:No to the tank. Do not waste Steph, Klay and Green's prime years, just reload and go again.

I'll be calling out anyone that posts here wanting to go down this triple soft ass loser mentality approach all of next season.

Give me a realistic reload......not just pipe dream names.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#47 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:58 am

Coxy wrote:No to the tank. Do not waste Steph, Klay and Green's prime years, just reload and go again.

The point of tanking is to NOT waste Steph. It’s not the years right now. It’s the miles and the extended seasons. It was good enough for the Spurs. It’s good enough for us.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#48 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:

Patrick Beverley, Robin Lopez, Vince Carter, re-sign Looney. :beer:
Coxy
RealGM

Post#49 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:18 am

Sleepy51 wrote:

The point of tanking is to NOT waste Steph. It’s not the years right now. It’s the miles and the extended seasons. It was good enough for the Spurs. It’s good enough for us.

Yeah OK, I see your point, but the minute you let the stench of tanking seep into a ball club, that's when a negative vibe can take over. Steph and Draymond are way too competitive to tank, especially Draybeast.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:21 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Beverly is looking to get paid. Read an article on him working his whole career to set up for this moment to make as much as he can. We aren't getting him. I would love it, just not happening.

Lopez? Would he great, but again, I don't see it for 5.7mil
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:25 am

Coxy wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

Yeah OK, I see your point, but the minute you let the stench of tanking seep into a ball club, that's when a negative vibe can take over. Steph and Draymond are way too competitive to tank, especially Draybeast.

Why are you sweating this? Is it the word tank?

Because they will start the year and try to win with their youth. Steph and Draymond will play. They will give it their all while playing. But smarter minds aren't going to over use them and increase their minutes. They must he managed next season.

At some point tanking, or something like it, may be inevitable. Unless the young guys ball out and surprise us by helping us win games and not over use the core.
Khoee wrote “
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#52 » by zhenyasj » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:31 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

Why are you sweating this? Is it the word tank?

Because they will start the year and try to win with their youth. Steph and Draymond will play. They will give it their all while playing. But smarter minds aren't going to over use them and increase their minutes. They must he managed next season.

At some point tanking, or something like it, may be inevitable. Unless the young guys ball out and surprise us by helping us win games and not over use the core.

As I said before, tanking or "time management" for a pick is the only way to extend our run, Spurs style. Our options are limited to build depth unless we do a S&T with KD and get a player exception and turn it into a decent player.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#53 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:32 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Beverly is looking to get paid. Read an article on him working his whole career to set up for this moment to make as much as he can. We aren't getting him. I would love it, just not happening.

I like your Faried idea, that could work.

Others I like
Trey Burke
Ish Smith
Trey Lyles
Wayne Ellington
Wes Mathews
Wilson Chandler
JaMychal Green
Reggie Bullock
Joakim Noah
King Tolly

Another cheap guy to look at, Alan Williams. He was a boss rebounder in Phx before getting hurt. Throw a min at him.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#54 » by watch1958 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:38 am

Only thing I feel pretty sure about is:
I don't give a damn what the NBA has to say about load management this year.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#55 » by azwfan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:41 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Others I like
Trey Burke
Ish Smith

Trey Lyles
Wayne Ellington
Wes Mathews
Wilson Chandler
JaMychal Green
Reggie Bullock
Joakim Noah
King Tolly

Another cheap guy to look at, Alan Williams. He was a boss rebounder in Phx before getting hurt. Throw a min at him.

IC your looking for a stealth tank, i like your style.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#56 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:44 am

azwfan wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Others I like
Trey Burke
Ish Smith

Trey Lyles
Wayne Ellington
Wes Mathews
Wilson Chandler
JaMychal Green
Reggie Bullock
Joakim Noah
King Tolly

We miss a backup guard that can just bucket. Barbosa was so underrated for us, I want another player like him. The backup PG is a position of serious need in today's NBA, just ask the Raptors about it this year.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#57 » by nismolos » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:50 am

thats why we need to see what we have first after this FA period and after a couple of months into the season. Theres always teams that surprise you like the 2018 Celtics did minus Kyrie and Hayward. If we throw our youth out to the fire we may find a couple of gems. I think this team with a healthy Klay is a WCF contender if he can get back by like February. but if the Lakers get Leonard we wont even be Pacific Division champs. Better to focus on the following year. I don’t think we’ll ever truly “tank” though nor do I agree with Coxy’s take that we would fall into that loser mentality. We have Steph and Klay. These dudes are 3 time champs and crazy competitors.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:09 am

Coxy wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Others I like
Trey Burke
Ish Smith

Trey Lyles
Wayne Ellington
Wes Mathews
Wilson Chandler
JaMychal Green
Reggie Bullock
Joakim Noah
King Tolly

We miss a backup guard that can just bucket. Barbosa was so underrated for us, I want another player like him. The backup PG is a position of serious need in today's NBA, just ask the Raptors about it this year.

Let me introduce you to Jordan Poole
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#59 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:12 am

Mylie10 wrote:Let me introduce you to Jordan Poole

I already got to know Jacob Evans, not relying on that theory again.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#60 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:13 am

What about TJ Mconnell? What will he get in FA? I like his backup point guardness.

Return to Golden State Warriors