LuessiT wrote:coolhandluke121 wrote:LuessiT wrote:Just for the record since I wasn't around when the Hill debate started as far as I have deducted, we're doing the following moves so far:
1) Waive Hill. IDK if he waives his guarantee or it gets taken of our cap once we sign him to a contract but it doesn't really matter
2) Waive & stretch Leuer
3) Waive everyone's rights except Middleton including Brogdons
4) Sign Hill to the 3/29m deal starting at ~9.2m
5) Sign Lopez to the 4/52m deal starting at ~12.1m
6) S&T Brogdon for the IND package creating a TPE. Yes, you can S&T Brogdon after you waived his rights
Since we have to execute this on the 6th, things may change. I assume if the price is low enough we may dump Leuer instead of waiving and stretching him creating a ~3.2m in cap space or get back up to ~4.1m in a trade.
But for now we still have the TPE and the room MLE available.
How do you keep a TPE if you don't have Bird Rights to Brogdon? I would be shocked if that's true. Massive loophole. They can sign and trade players after they renounce them, but I think that's only if they have cap space or some other exception. You have to have some right to pay Brogdon in order to have any right to use his exception to pay someone else instead of him.
Maybe you're correct. I'm going to read up on it.
Once you waive Brogdon's rights you waive his rights, thus his cap hold is removed, he is no longer a RFA, and you wouldn't be able to go over the cap (which I believe is necessary in this situation) in order to S&T him. It'd be a massive loophole to just remove rights so you can maneuver and then just go over the cap to keep a guy after the fact.