ImageImageImage

Timberwolves free agency

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Timberwolves free agency 

Post#1 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:13 am

Ok, so now that the good players are all signed and we wasted an entire day trying to do something we couldn't do....

Any idea how we are going to upgrade PG and PF before the season starts?

Screw Teague and Jones, they both suck

Roco at the PF is a dumb idea, and most people know it.

How much cap room do we currently have and who are some realistic targets to maintain status quo and suck again this year?
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#2 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:16 am

Nerlens Noel backed out of his OKC agreement at about the same time as the Russell news came up.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:16 am

DaKid wrote:Nerlens Noel backed out of his OKC agreement at about the same time as the Russell news came up.

perfect, another guy who can't shoot and doesn't move the needle!! longterm contract time.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#4 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:19 am

Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:21 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Image

Think i may need to borrow your screen name
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#6 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:26 am

Same junk as the last two or three years. Trying to move too many pieces at once. Trying to force teams to take on too much of your junk in one crazy move. Trying to move Dieng, Teague, Wiggins all at one time was already tried and if they would just start with moving one, then later move on to other tasks.

If you want them all gone so badly start adding picks to them and send them flying. Otherwise just move one and get through the next season. The Wiggins contract was such a massive mistake, just eat your penance and send him with a pick already. Send him wth a protected first and a second rounder as well as needed. Just get out from under him and there is your Dlo money. What was so hard about this? Tank it all now. I don't want to see one win. Gibson is gone, Saric is gone. Might as well trade RoCo for a few picks. Load up and fly into next season with enough picks to sell all our stupid mistakes away.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#7 » by southern wolf » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:36 am

Melo is available?

On a serious note, if we can create some cap space someone like Baynes or Jamychal Green maybe? Marcus Morris? As for point guards someone like Payton or Dragic? They're no world beaters, but they would fill needs.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:41 am

southern wolf wrote:Melo is available?

On a serious note, if we can create some cap space someone like Baynes or Jamychal Green maybe? Marcus Morris? As for point guards someone like Payton or Dragic? They're no world beaters, but they would fill needs.

Alright... back to trying to fix this....

PG's available better than Teague?

SG - no need

SF - no need

PF - major need. Best available?

C - No need
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#9 » by Murphs56 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:44 am

What do the Wolves have to work with, the MLE? Outside of that, they are capped out.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#10 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:46 am

With the Knicks signing Gibson, Randle and Portis, we might want to call Noah Vonleh's agent.
"The last domino falls here!"
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:51 am

LibertyPrime wrote:With the Knicks signing Gibson, Randle and Portis, we might want to call Noah Vonleh's agent.

Vonleh could be a good get. Seems like he would fit offensively, how is he matching up with perimeter players and switching?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#12 » by Calinks » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:25 am

We got some holes to fill. Lost some key veteran depth in Rose/Gibson.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#13 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:28 am

Call Patton's agent. use him at the 4 for league min or whatever.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:42 am

Jedzz wrote:Same junk as the last two or three years. Trying to move too many pieces at once. Trying to force teams to take on too much of your junk in one crazy move. Trying to move Dieng, Teague, Wiggins all at one time was already tried and if they would just start with moving one, then later move on to other tasks.

If you want them all gone so badly start adding picks to them and send them flying. Otherwise just move one and get through the next season. The Wiggins contract was such a massive mistake, just eat your penance and send him with a pick already. Send him wth a protected first and a second rounder as well as needed. Just get out from under him and there is your Dlo money. What was so hard about this? Tank it all now. I don't want to see one win. Gibson is gone, Saric is gone. Might as well trade RoCo for a few picks. Load up and fly into next season with enough picks to sell all our stupid mistakes away.

No team is taking Wiggins for a protected 1st. Probably looking at least two unprotected 1sts. Likely more.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#15 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:25 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Same junk as the last two or three years. Trying to move too many pieces at once. Trying to force teams to take on too much of your junk in one crazy move. Trying to move Dieng, Teague, Wiggins all at one time was already tried and if they would just start with moving one, then later move on to other tasks.

No team is taking Wiggins for a protected 1st. Probably looking at least two unprotected 1sts. Likely more.

THat's just me saying offer it, that plus a second. But protected or not, the problem is they were putting it out into the media that they had teams that may take him on a neutral deal, or even pay for him. They weren't offering picks at all. Those fake feelers were to I suppose keep other teams for even asking for picks. Because obviously if other teams are willing trade partners without it, there is no sense in offering a trade that needed picks.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#16 » by shangrila » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:22 am

I be patient. I don't blow my load on the first guy that returns my call. I see who falls through the cracks, who might be available for cheap when the dust settles.

We can get away with kind of running it back since, realistically, we have no way of filling our needs right now (a long term PG, for example). I'd be looking to line everything up with Dieng expiring, so 2 year deals. If you can trade Wiggins for one (Batum, come on Hornets you know you want to) great. If you can flip Teague for one while picking up additional assets (maybe a first from Miami to take on James Johnson's contract and give them a functional player mid-season?) great too.

With that in mind I'd also look at buy low candidates and see what our player development can do. Stanley Johnson would be interesting if he could develop a 3, being a Cov-lite in that case. Tyler Lydon never seemed to get a chance in Denver so might be worth the min. There's others I'm sure. It would be rough wasting a year of KAT's contract on a development year but not sure what choice we have at this point.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#17 » by minimus » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:35 am

ORL have Aminu, Isaac, Vucevic, Bamba. I'd offer them Wiggins, FRP for Aaron Gordon.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#18 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:37 am

What about Marcus Morris?
Trust the PRosas!
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,291

Post#19 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:44 am

Vonleh and mudiay for me.

Both are still young, so there is some upside still left.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#20 » by Calinks » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:56 am

No thanks to Mudiay
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves