ImageImageImage

Now who do we get for a Vet Min contract to finish off the roster?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: Now who do we get for a Vet Min contract to finish off the roster? 

Post#21 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:00 pm

Yeah I’m kind of hopping aboard this Noah train. Al Horford would be so upset if we won with his college teammate lol.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#22 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:03 pm

I still don't don't understand their cap situation. I though by doing a sign and trade with Rozier they opened a bi annual of 9.2? So did they just use that on Kanter or did they only make the mini mid?
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#23 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:32 pm

Spin Move wrote:Listen for the vet min I love me some Dragan Bender, he is still really young only 21 Bigs need more time to develop. He is tall and can shoot a little bit. No for more then the min heck no, but hey why not take a flyer on a guy coming from a team who has had player development issues.

He needs another year or two in the weight room..
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 623

Post#24 » by the sea duck » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:54 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:Cousins

Head case or whatever the case may be, the talent is undeniable.

Is he 100% healthy? I dont care he'd be better than 99% of todays bigs.

Siakam and Ibaka completely shut down his entire offensive game, even though he has 100lbs on them by the looks of it.

Do you think Cousins will recover from the achilles injury? Because that doesn't happen with a pre-injury Cousins.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#25 » by djFan71 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:58 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:I still don't don't understand their cap situation. I though by doing a sign and trade with Rozier they opened a bi annual of 9.2? So did they just use that on Kanter or did they only make the mini mid?

If we operate as an under the cap team, we don't get to use any exceptions other than the Room Exception, which is the dollar amount Kanter agreed to. There may be a way to swing it so we can operate over the cap, still give Kanter that money and have room left to sign (or trade for) another big first. Zoya came up with it and we're hashing out details in this thread:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1864905
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,056

Post#26 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:43 am

Ya'll picking the wrong Noah. Vonleh is the one we should go for. Idk if we could afford him, but I like the potential there..only 23.
♣ A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal ♣ THANK YOU TRUTH! ♣
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#27 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:43 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:Cousins

Head case or whatever the case may be, the talent is undeniable.

Is he 100% healthy? I dont care he'd be better than 99% of todays bigs.

Siakam and Ibaka completely shut down his entire offensive game, even though he has 100lbs on them by the looks of it.

It was awkward watching him in the finals, he would drop his shoulder, create no space, hit a couple of tough layups early and then mostly disappear.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#28 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:46 am

Scoonie wrote:Noah Vonleh? I'd take a flyer on him if nobody offers him the MLE or Room Exception.

He had a good season last season. And he is best served coming off the bench, which he would be behind Kanter, his former teammate from last season.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#29 » by Ernest » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:32 am

Zaza anyone?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#30 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:34 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:I still don't don't understand their cap situation. I though by doing a sign and trade with Rozier they opened a bi annual of 9.2? So did they just use that on Kanter or did they only make the mini mid?

Nope. Other moves were needed for that to be true, such as turning Irving's or Horford's departures into trades. As matters stand we haven't traded away nearly enough salary to take Kemba back in a trade, and hence are expected to sign him into cap room.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#31 » by djFan71 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:37 am

Ernest wrote:Zaza anyone?

Get out of my brain, man. Just posted that in the other thread saying I hadn't seen anyone mention him yet. :)
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,171

Post#32 » by brackdan70 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:29 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Ya'll picking the wrong Noah. Vonleh is the one we should go for. Idk if we could afford him, but I like the potential there..only 23.

Yeah I like Vonleh a lot but feel like he gets more than the min.
Sign here
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#33 » by Ernest » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:02 pm

djFan71 wrote:

Get out of my brain, man. Just posted that in the other thread saying I hadn't seen anyone mention him yet. :)

I saw it there. Can’t believe he’s not being talked about. I always liked his game. Anyone we get has a decent chance to earn a starting spot.
nickgammon
Pro Prospect
And1: 873

Post#34 » by nickgammon » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:06 pm

Zaza should sign a bunch of 10-days with teams that have the Lakers as an upcoming game. Would be a legendary intimidation tactic
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#35 » by Slartibartfast » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:26 pm

Would be good to get a stretch 4 like Jerebko. I don't trust Grant Williams long ball.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#36 » by liveod » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:30 pm

Not really sure I want DeMarcus based on his attitude. But if that's what is available, gotta at least try it.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#37 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:32 pm

Seems like we should just get an expirmental big.

Maybe there is soemone undrafted that can be Whiteside. Maybe that's what we're already doing with Taco Fall.

We have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many guards and wings. And we have some that "can play PF" players that we're sliding there. Just go with someone with upside and hope you get lucky.

We're not looking to win a ring this year so there's no point in trying to figure who is the best player we can have as the 12th man on the bench.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Post#38 » by darrendaye » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:35 pm

IMO, unless there is a trade, I think they have a 10 man rotation penciled in at this point. If they get a big, he's going to need to be willing to mentor and not play for games at a time.

Personally, I think there is equally a need for another wing scorer but that player would need to be willing to do the same, unless team plans to continue to block Ojeleye or not provide an avenue for Langford or Edwards to get minutes early. Jared Dudley is probably the only viable option there, though he does not qualify as a scorer. And there have been rumors of his interest in signing here.

In considering Cousins (who I think still gets a better than minimum deal), the good thing is at a minimum deal, just cutting him if he's a jerk is not a problem.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,985

Post#39 » by tfribs45 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:38 pm

Noah or Cousins, we need some attitude/strength down low! something we haven't had since KG and Perk. This squad is going to trump last years and surprise a lot of the doubters
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#40 » by Kalela » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:45 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
Scoonie wrote:Noah Vonleh? I'd take a flyer on him if nobody offers him the MLE or Room Exception.

He had a good season last season. And he is best served coming off the bench, which he would be behind Kanter, his former teammate from last season.

Would be a perfect fit. He is able to play with Kanter as well if needed. Vonleh is the no brainer option but I don't think he is on the Celtics radar and also I am not sure he would settle for the amount of money the Celtics can offer him. He is a local guy and said he wants to stay in the Northeast.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to Boston Celtics