Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Re: 2019 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#81 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:17 am

Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
In this setting Leonard, LeBron and Davis create enough havoc on isolations we won’t need Kuz to do anything but shooting when open and cut when he should. But yes, I’m well aware he’s far from the ideal SG. Just trying to make a weakness into a strength. Kuz at the two is a bit wild even for me.

But I’ve always been for lineups that force opposing coaches to react or lose. The coach who is the strategic aggressor usually wins.

But even this is some height to deal with:

PG: Caruso 6’5”
SG: Leonard 6’7”
SF: Kuzma 6’9”
PF: James
C: Davis

Kuzma for Sabonis makes sense.

Indy have Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Leaf as their PF/C when really 3 of them are pure Cs

I'd do Sabonis for Kuzma in a heartbeat, but does Kuz have that kind of value?

Hard to know at this stage. He might not but Indy firepower has dropped without getting DLo and losing Bojan. They may need a more dynamic scorer.

Other teams that could want Kuzma: Pistons (for Kennard), Knicks (for Trier/Dotson), Cavs (for Cedi/Zizic), Magic (JI or Bamba), Minny (Okogie/Tyus), Portland (Collins/Simons), Mavs (Brunson/Broekhoff), Spurs (Forbes, Murray, White, Lonnie)

Spurs are probably the best trading partner but they hate Lakers.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#82 » by stan francisco » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:28 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Kuzma for Sabonis makes sense.

Indy have Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Leaf as their PF/C when really 3 of them are pure Cs

I'd do Sabonis for Kuzma in a heartbeat, but does Kuz have that kind of value?

Hard to know at this stage. He might not but Indy firepower has dropped without getting DLo and losing Bojan. They may need a more dynamic scorer.

Other teams that could want Kuzma: Pistons (for Kennard), Knicks (for Trier/Dotson), Cavs (for Cedi/Zizic), Magic (JI or Bamba), Minny (Okogie/Tyus), Portland (Collins/Simons), Mavs (Brunson/Broekhoff), Spurs (Forbes, Murray, White, Lonnie)

Spurs are probably the best trading partner but they hate Lakers.

Kuzma is severely under rated. Especially here. Compare his stats, as much as I rely on only the eye test, to Tatum’s stats. Think there’d be any takers for a Tatum / Sabonis swap on the non-Celtic side?
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#83 » by Penberthy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:48 am

What Center could we trade Kuz for?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#84 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:31 am

Penberthy wrote:What Center could we trade Kuz for?

Could we trade him for Zu?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#85 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:42 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Clips made him an RFA... I doubt they'd trade him to us and I would think Kuz would be an over-pay... We aren't going to give him a huge offer or anything to make the Clips think it'd be better to S&T than to lose him for nothing... So I don't think he can be had, but I would love it if he could.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by stan francisco » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:08 am

I think the on-court value for Kuzma amongst GMs around the league is about 95-98% that of Tatum’s.

Eye-test says so. Stats do, too. Pelinka won’t trade him for junk.

Modern era NBA titles:
ShaqFu
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#87 » by ShaqFu » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:13 am

Can we trade Kuz for Jarrett Allen now that the Nets signed dj?
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#88 » by King23James » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:24 am

Kuzma is untradeable. You wont find such a good player, for such a contract.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:37 am

Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Clips made him an RFA... I doubt they'd trade him to us and I would think Kuz would be an over-pay... We aren't going to give him a huge offer or anything to make the Clips think it'd be better to S&T than to lose him for nothing... So I don't think he can be had, but I would love it if he could.

If we are not really open to playing Kuz coming off the bench if Kawhi comes then I think this is a rational move. It gives us a legit C to play next to AD and it will make AD happy as he plays the four. Caruso/Kawhi/Bron/AD/Zu seems good to me.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:40 am

King23James wrote:Kuzma is untradeable. You wont find such a good player, for such a contract.

If it's what it takes to land Kawhi then I don't think Kuz is untradeable. We lost a lot of player for AD so I think we'd be trading Kuz in a heartbeat if that's what it takes.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#91 » by Slava » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:10 am

Kuz's scoring is going to be essential for the bench and you won't find a replacement level scorer for the same money. It would be pointless to trade him when a bargain basement center is much easier to find.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:12 am

Slava wrote:Kuz's scoring is going to be essential for the bench and you won't find a replacement level scorer for the same money. It would be pointless to trade him when a bargain basement center is much easier to find.

I agree. I don’t want to trade him either for those exact reasons and I doubt Rob does.

But depending on the depth makeup of our surprise roster in a few days, Rob might move him for a similar value C, similar breakout projection but a C (J Allan has been mentioned by a few).

I see Rob doing this if we have three starting caliber PFs (LBJ/AD/KJ) and no solid Center and Kawhi has made a demand for a defensive big next to AD. All options are on the table, I’m sure.

Modern era NBA titles:
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#93 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:49 am

Kuzma for Zubac would be such a terrible deal. He started halves for the Clippers and then was barely playable or unplayable during any crunch time. He needs to be fed the ball in easy situations to eat and looks completely overwhelmed at times. He, of course, is still very young and could improve obviously, but there’s still bigs available better than him now, and probably quite a few for vet min as it’s clearly the most undervalued position. Giving him away how we did wasn’t the best move, but it wasn’t exactly a big deal in anyway.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#94 » by lazybatman » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:30 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:Kuzma for Zubac would be such a terrible deal. He started halves for the Clippers and then was barely playable or unplayable during any crunch time. He needs to be fed the ball in easy situations to eat and looks completely overwhelmed at times. He, of course, is still very young and could improve obviously, but there’s still bigs available better than him now, and probably quite a few for vet min as it’s clearly the most undervalued position. Giving him away how we did wasn’t the best move, but it wasn’t exactly a big deal in anyway.

Totally agree!! :beer:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#95 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:02 pm

Kuzma would need to be traded for a need, a C or a 3 and D guard.

He has regular season value right now considering the load he will take on as Kawhi, AD and LeBron take rests.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#96 » by Slava » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:08 am

You need a center for the few minutes Davis plays 4 and LeBron plays 3. Which is about 20 minutes, that could easily be filled by committee like Chandler and some other relic. There's no point at all to be trading a scoring wing for that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#97 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:49 pm

If we lose out on kwahi...we should get Covington and a pick for our cap space. :) Minny is desperate to rid him.
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#98 » by tv24lakers » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:10 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:If we lose out on kwahi...we should get Covington and a pick for our cap space. :) Minny is desperate to rid him.

By giving up what assets in return?
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#99 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:53 pm

lazybatman wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:Kuzma for Zubac would be such a terrible deal. He started halves for the Clippers and then was barely playable or unplayable during any crunch time. He needs to be fed the ball in easy situations to eat and looks completely overwhelmed at times. He, of course, is still very young and could improve obviously, but there’s still bigs available better than him now, and probably quite a few for vet min as it’s clearly the most undervalued position. Giving him away how we did wasn’t the best move, but it wasn’t exactly a big deal in anyway.

Totally agree!! :beer:

I am at a loss on the over-fascination to Zubac. Yes, he has shown flashes of brilliance but the fact that 28 other teams have chosen not to tender an offer sheet to get him, that the Clips would rather wait instead of locking him up..
That BOTH Luke and Rivers have chosen to play him very low minutes when both were really trying to win...Centers now are not that valued as compared to 15 years ago, that is why Vucevic didn't get the max.
Monroe,Faried,Bogut, Udoh, Pau, Noah, Zeller,McGee, Boogie still don't have any contracts while Bullock, Ellington were quickly snagged within a couple of days, go figure.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#100 » by loveshaq786 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:22 pm

tv24lakers wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:If we lose out on kwahi...we should get Covington and a pick for our cap space. :) Minny is desperate to rid him.

By giving up what assets in return?

Lakers trade: kcp (s&t) and cap space for kwahi and first round pick

Minny trades: Covington and first round pick for cap relief

Toronto trades: kwahi for Covington and kcp

Return to Los Angeles Lakers