ImageImageImage

Deividas Sirvydis

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Re: Deividas Sirvydis 

Post#21 » by kpt » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Are we stashing this dude? Or is he coming over now?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#22 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm

kpt wrote:Are we stashing this dude? Or is he coming over now?

Think he’s coming now, probably just gotta buy him out of his euro contract or something
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#23 » by The_Irony » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:57 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
kpt wrote:Are we stashing this dude? Or is he coming over now?

Think he’s coming now, probably just gotta buy him out of his euro contract or something

without knowing how it works..I wonder if part of that $5mill from Cleveland is going towards his buyout
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,095

Post#24 » by The Moose » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:46 am

Looking at Kurucs in BKN gives me a bit of hope for this kid.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#25 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:13 pm

The Moose wrote:Looking at Kurucs in BKN gives me a bit of hope for this kid.

Yeah he’s actually been compared to him pre-draft a few times
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#26 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:30 pm

I'm not sure we can supply any buy-out money if he's not even signing here but with the G-League directly.

We're really telling the kid we want him in Europe, but he seems intent at coming Stateside. Seems like something that we should have discussed with him and his agent before the draft.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#27 » by Jstock12 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:37 pm

Kilo wrote:I'm not sure we can supply any buy-out money if he's not even signing here but with the G-League directly.

We're really telling the kid we want him in Europe, but he seems intent at coming Stateside. Seems like something that we should have discussed with him and his agent before the draft.

He might go Valanciunas route and pay the buyout out of his own pocket. I'm sure Rytas would agree to a stretched out payment plan, just like in Valanciunas case.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#28 » by coordinator0 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:10 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#29 » by DCintheD » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:All he has to do is end up being better than Porter and that will be a success. If they both end up scrubs, just be the better one. And, that will be a success.

He’s gotta be better than Carsen Edwards as well. Doubt that will happen. Edwards already looks like the steal at this range of the draft.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Kilo
RealGM

Post#30 » by Kilo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:21 pm

I can't wait until his agent demads first round money for Sirvydis in a years time given the quotes from the Pistons on how thyey had a first round grade on him in order to fluff him up to defend against criticisms of their trading #30 OA.
Weaver = Hinkie
pistonpat
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#31 » by pistonpat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 am

Kilo wrote:I can't wait until his agent demads first round money for Sirvydis in a years time given the quotes from the Pistons on how thyey had a first round grade on him in order to fluff him up to defend against criticisms of their trading #30 OA.

Having been in Vegas the last five days, this kid needs to develop A LOT to even make a roster spot. Watching Carson Edwards look so good in the summer league makes me think the Pistons out smarted themselves again and were more interested in helping Art Tellums kid.

Hope the kid can develop, but it is going to take a lot to get to a point he can make an NBA roster. Seems like a smart kid and hard worker so he has that going for him.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#32 » by DCintheD » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 am

pistonpat wrote:
Kilo wrote:I can't wait until his agent demads first round money for Sirvydis in a years time given the quotes from the Pistons on how thyey had a first round grade on him in order to fluff him up to defend against criticisms of their trading #30 OA.
Watching Carson Edwards look so good in the summer league makes me think the Pistons out smarted themselves again and were more interested in helping Art Tellums kid.

I can’t get behind this front office or organization for reasons like this. Other than Sekou falling in their lap, the decisions that were made were terrible. Trading for #30 then trading it away with the decisions that followed were like taking one step forward and five steps back.
I like the Bone pick but he was about to go undrafted.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#33 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Sure its summer league so a grain of salt needs to be taken, but because its summer league it makes it pretty concerning this kid barely played while being active for every game.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#34 » by DBC10 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:50 pm

DCintheD wrote:
pistonpat wrote:
Watching Carson Edwards look so good in the summer league makes me think the Pistons out smarted themselves again and were more interested in helping Art Tellums kid.

I can’t get behind this front office or organization for reasons like this. Other than Sekou falling in their lap, the decisions that were made were terrible. Trading for #30 then trading it away with the decisions that followed were like taking one step forward and five steps back.
I like the Bone pick but he was about to go undrafted.

That 30th pick was to get cash for Gores, really. Those 2nds we got are going to be pretty silly, considering the options were available for the 30th. It was a dumb and puzzling move.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#35 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Front Office had a plan for the remaining money to spend and it didn’t involve another guaranteed contract to a rookie.

Thats it, nothing more. Guy was supposed to be a euro stash with upside.

Remaining money after Snell went to Rose with a contract maybe already in the works. That was it with some left over for Markieff.

There was a tentative plan and thats how it worked out.

I dont like it so much but that was the idea. After Rose keep X dollars for a PF/C. They had a list of guys snd retained money to hopefully sign them.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#36 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:Front Office had a plan for the remaining money to spend and it didn’t involve another guaranteed contract to a rookie.

Thats it, nothing more. Guy was supposed to be a euro stash with upside.

Remaining money after Snell went to Rose with a contract maybe already in the works. That was it with some left over for Markieff.

There was a tentative plan and thats how it worked out.

I dont like it so much but that was the idea. After Rose keep X dollars for a PF/C. They had a list of guys snd retained money to hopefully sign them.

That sounds good and all, but its not entirely accurate.

Detroit still has about $1.7 mil left under the tax threshold. Kevin Porter's (the 30th pick) contract is for roughly $1.3 mil. So they could have added the 30th pick's cap number to their payroll and stayed under the tax line.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#37 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 pm

^It's also about being another developmental needing a lot of babysitting. They see half the roster as developing and thus want a grey beard plug and play - Rose, Frazier, Markieff Morris and why we're hearing about Gasol or Koufous now.
Weaver = Hinkie
thesack12
RealGM

Post#38 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Kilo wrote:^It's also about being another developmental needing a lot of babysitting. They see half the roster as developing and thus want a grey beard plug and play - Rose, Frazier, Markieff Morris and why we're hearing about Gasol or Koufous now.

I'm still not buying the too many developmentals angle. A consolidation trade of a few of the peripheral prospects wouldn't be hard to pull off.

I personally lean towards Gores adding $5 mill in cash into his pocket being the primary purpose of trading #30.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#39 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 pm

The $5 million probably helped but in the spur of the moment its hard to say.

Its a good thing to have a 1.7 million left. Gives flexibility for making trades. Being completely capped out is not a good spot for the team to be. Even that amount can-be helpful.

I completely agree Gores is a bad owner but sometimes its nice to pocket $5 million for nothing. Once the snell trade came through there probably already was a decision to trade that pick. $5 mill made it easier.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#40 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 pm

I believe I read Detroit paid $2M for the #57 to select Jordan Bone. So he still ends up with $3M as pocket money.
Weaver = Hinkie

Return to Detroit Pistons