Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1421 » by youngcrev » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:29 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Ad7 wrote:How about mixture of bolden, zhaire smith, thybulle, milton and draft picks with fillers for beal?

Wizards avoid unhappy star leaving for nothing, and get a few quality youngsters to grow.

The filler would need to Tobias Harris or Al Horford to get the contracts to work.

Beal would be an amazing fit with Simmons/Embiid, I'm just not sure there's any way to get it done.

The King/Pelinka draft pick platter might get it done. Horford, Zhaire, Milton, 2021 swap, 2022 1st, 2023 swap, 2024 1st for Beal and Bryant.

True. I'm not putting that type of potentially franchise crippling package on the table for him though.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,724

Post#1422 » by the_process » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:56 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
The filler would need to Tobias Harris or Al Horford to get the contracts to work.

Beal would be an amazing fit with Simmons/Embiid, I'm just not sure there's any way to get it done.

The King/Pelinka draft pick platter might get it done. Horford, Zhaire, Milton, 2021 swap, 2022 1st, 2023 swap, 2024 1st for Beal and Bryant.

True. I'm not putting that type of potentially franchise crippling package on the table for him though.

Agreed. I only posted that because I hate Horford’s contract. They really should’ve broken that money up into a couple mid tier players.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1423 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:10 pm

We need to get Shai off the Thunder. He's always been the perfect guy for us. Smh at Brett and Bridges at #10.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#1424 » by smittybanton » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:51 pm

predicting russell westbrook either to the knicks or the heat.
steven adams to the celtics.

sga, rj barrett, kevin knox, jeremi grant, mitchell robinson.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#1425 » by smittybanton » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:48 pm

scratch that. russell westbrook to the detroit pistons for blake griffin. westbrook is the answer to the pistons lack of depth. one man gang. he and andre drummond fit together. blake goes back to oklahoma.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1426 » by Arsenal » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:33 am

We should get Davis Bertans in here to be our stretch-4. Washington just got him for free, but they're going nowhere fast and will be looking to sell on him sooner or later, as they won't want to resign him next summer.

Sixers trade / Bullets receive:
PF Mike Scott
PG Shake Milton
Future 2nd Round Pick

Bullets trade / Sixers receive:
PF Davis Bertans

New lineup:

PG JRich | Neto |
SG Harris | Thybulle | Smith
SF Simmons | Ennis
PF Horford | Bertans
CE Embiid | O'Quinn | Bolden

Bertans is a legit sniper from 3 and is a decent defender. Perfect fit as the 4 in the Embiid sub-lineup and a nice upgrade vs. Mike Scott. I assume we could resign him next summer for MLE money, which we would be able to do with Bird Rights.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,901

Post#1427 » by mjkvol » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Let's say Simmons is showing signs of being able to shoot and D Lo is off to a good start picking up where he left off last year. In theory, would you guys be open to trading D Lo for Simmons on December 15?

If Simmons is improving the one glaring weakness he has, why on earth would you want to move him for anyone?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1428 » by youngcrev » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:28 am

mjkvol wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:Let's say Simmons is showing signs of being able to shoot and D Lo is off to a good start picking up where he left off last year. In theory, would you guys be open to trading D Lo for Simmons on December 15?

If Simmons is improving the one glaring weakness he has, why on earth would you want to move him for anyone?

:lol:
Even if Ben doesn't show signs of an improved jumper I don't know why we'd trade him Russell.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1429 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:46 pm

Where does the Philly fanbase stand on trading Embiid? I think building around Simmons is the better route (stars that can't shoot ftw), and advocated for an AD-Embiid swap when people kept throwing out Ben's name in those scenarios.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1430 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Where does the Philly fanbase stand on trading Embiid? I think building around Simmons is the better route (stars that can't shoot ftw), and advocated for an AD-Embiid swap when people kept throwing out Ben's name in those scenarios.

The stance is that the idea is laughable. Embiid has MVP level talent. He's the franchise player. He's not going anywhere.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1431 » by cool93 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Where does the Philly fanbase stand on trading Embiid?

Never
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1432 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 pm

youngcrev wrote:The stance is that the idea is laughable. Embiid has MVP level talent. He's the franchise player. He's not going anywhere.

cool93 wrote:
Never

Cool. Appreciate the input.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1433 » by Arsenal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:19 pm

I'm NEVER trading Joel Embiid.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1434 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 pm

I've been advocating an Embiid for Towns swap with the intent on optimizing Ben Simmons for years.

It's just not going to happen, though. Embiid means too much to the fanbase, city and organization. Only way he gets moved is if he demands a trade.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1435 » by the_process » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:24 pm

On December 15th:

Milton, Korkmaz, and a lotto protected 2023 1st to Detroit for Luke Kennard.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1436 » by LloydFree » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 am

the_process wrote:On December 15th:

So trading 2 1sts for Tobias Harris is crazy, But trading a future 1st for Luke Kennard makes sense...

Counter: Raul Neto for Kennard, nothing more.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#1437 » by 76ciology » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:The stance is that the idea is laughable. Embiid has MVP level talent. He's the franchise player. He's not going anywhere.

cool93 wrote:
Never

Cool. Appreciate the input.

Trading embiid maybe a good move in NBA2K, but in real life it’s a super risky proposition.

The reason why I think it’s a good move in NBA2K is Embiid for me has conditioning/health problems that really limits his exposure. I feel like it’s MVP or championship for him. If we want to win a championship, we have to limit his games played and this really kills his chance to be an MVP.

Another thing I find his scoring ways to be less effective in the playoffs, where refs really just lets the game be physical and not fall unto his tricks.

Nevertheless, i find it unrealistic for a franchise to trade him. The likelihood that you’ll regret trading him is way higher than you regret keeping not trading him.

If there’s an AD swap, it’s AD for Ben. Think about it. Having Embiid and AD is a mismatch nightmare everytime, this forces defense to have to put one of their PFs on a near 30ppg scorer who can score 40+ with ease on a mismatch. But yeah, ship has sailed on that one and it’s also a NBA2K caliber idea where considering everything its better to not trade for AD and his desire to play in LA
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1438 » by the_process » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:24 pm

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:On December 15th:

So trading 2 1sts for Tobias Harris is crazy, But trading a future 1st for Luke Kennard makes sense...

Counter: Raul Neto for Kennard, nothing more.

The obvious difference is: Milton and Korkmaz are nothing. The rest of the package the Sixers sent for Harris outside of the MIA 1st was much more than nothing.

And of course if the Sixers could get him cheaper all the better, but I was trying to think of something that DET would accept. I don’t think they just give him away. Maybe they accept the OKC fake 1st instead?

Of all the people to get indignant over a repeated opinion, after the Fultz saga. :roll:
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1439 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I've been advocating an Embiid for Towns swap with the intent on optimizing Ben Simmons for years.

It's just not going to happen, though. Embiid means too much to the fanbase, city and organization. Only way he gets moved is if he demands a trade.

That's the part I seemingly underestimated. I get it though.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1440 » by jbent87 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I've been advocating an Embiid for Towns swap with the intent on optimizing Ben Simmons for years.

That's the part I seemingly underestimated. I get it though.

yeah its also just one of those things where he'll never be worth his maximum value to another team. Because they'll want to use their leverage in a hypothetical conversation here of "well, if you're even having this conversation he must have had a setback, or you guys think he's going to get injured again and don't have confidence in him staying healthy..." its just never going to be a fully honest and appropriate conversation. If Embiid is health he's one of the guys who is untouchable. If you're putting his name out in trade talks, there must be something wrong. You would probably feel the same way with Giannis.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers