Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Re: 2019 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#101 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:45 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
tv24lakers wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:If we lose out on kwahi...we should get Covington and a pick for our cap space. :) Minny is desperate to rid him.

By giving up what assets in return?

Lakers trade: kcp (s&t) and cap space for kwahi and first round pick

Minny trades: Covington and first round pick for cap relief

Toronto trades: kwahi for Covington and kcp

Trade for kawhi and get first round pick? This is way off in a few ways
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#102 » by Takes5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:10 pm

Oops wrong thread
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#103 » by Takes5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:27 pm

All these 2-yr deals... think of the expirings they’ll have to shop around in ‘20-21 to find a partner in crime for AD long term!
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#104 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:24 am

Any possible trades mid season yall see that can make a big impact?

Need a pg/sg who can create and play d.

I wonder if we could go get Jrue somehow. Pels all over again, but with Lebron

I just don't think we got the salaries unfortunately if we want to keep Green
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#105 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:23 pm

nzahir wrote:Any possible trades mid season yall see that can make a big impact?

The team needs iggy or another SF defender.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#106 » by Slava » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:29 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Any possible trades mid season yall see that can make a big impact?

I can't stress the importance of a secondary ball handler, even a prime Steve Blake level PG would do. LeBron shouldn't be playing more than 65 games and 32 mins/game. Front court playmaking will work well with Cousins and Davis but another offense creator, someone who can break down the defense or run pick and rolls with Davis would be ideal.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:47 pm

Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I can't stress the importance of a secondary ball handler, even a prime Steve Blake level PG would do. LeBron shouldn't be playing more than 65 games and 32 mins/game. Front court playmaking will work well with Cousins and Davis but another offense creator, someone who can break down the defense or run pick and rolls with Davis would be ideal.

That's why Rondo was brought in. I don't want to see Rondo play a minute with LeBron, terrible pairing but for the 18 minutes LeBron sits I imagine Rondo will control the ball.

Both Rondo and LeBron will need secondary playmakers with them on the court. I don't think you should underestimate the playmaking of both AD and Cousins, you would also have Caruso and Cook as well as a secondary ball handler.

Iggy can be a playmaker/ball handler too if he comes to the Lakers, but regardless, I think there is more than enough playmaking at the Lakers.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Slava » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:50 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

That's why Rondo was brought in. I don't want to see Rondo play a minute with LeBron, terrible pairing but for the 18 minutes LeBron sits I imagine Rondo will control the ball.

Both Rondo and LeBron will need secondary playmakers with them on the court. I don't think you should underestimate the playmaking of both AD and Cousins, you would also have Caruso and Cook as well as a secondary ball handler.

Iggy can be a playmaker/ball handler too if he comes to the Lakers, but regardless, I think there is more than enough playmaking at the Lakers.

Rondo and Iggy cannot run a pick and roll like a real shooting threat could. If Rondo is the ball handler, the tag man would drop with Davis or Cousins and dare Rondo to shoot, which he won't. Cook's playmaking was disastrous when asked to do last season and as much as I love Caruso, he has to show a lot more before I anoint him as my secondary shot creator. The big-big passing is more of a secondary play than something you can use to initiate an offense.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:59 pm

Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:

Rondo and Iggy cannot run a pick and roll like a real shooting threat could. If Rondo is the ball handler, the tag man would drop with Davis or Cousins and dare Rondo to shoot, which he won't. Cook's playmaking was disastrous when asked to do last season and as much as I love Caruso, he has to show a lot more before I anoint him as my secondary shot creator. The big-big passing is more of a secondary play than something you can use to initiate an offense.

Rondo did better last couple seasons at taking that shot, he has to stop hesitating because he's pretty decent from out there now. I felt that Cook and Caruso were competent, maybe not prime Steve Blake level. Would you have preferred Lance over Cook?

With any luck Collison has regrets and wants to buddy back up with Vogel but a suitable trade target if playmaking is a problem in the season may be DJ Augustin, thoughts on him?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by Slava » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:03 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Rondo did better last couple seasons at taking that shot, he has to stop hesitating because he's pretty decent from out there now. I felt that Cook and Caruso were competent, maybe not prime Steve Blake level. Would you have preferred Lance over Cook?

I don't want crackhead Lance anywhere near this team. Cousins for all his insufferable attitude is still a smart basketball player when he wants to be. Lance has the attention span of a puppy on speed.

I'm still hoping for that Dragic trade and buyout.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:10 pm

Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:

I don't want crackhead Lance anywhere near this team. Cousins for all his insufferable attitude is still a smart basketball player when he wants to be. Lance has the attention span of a puppy on speed.

Ok but without the miracle buyout of Dragic, Augustin on a 7m contract could be had for Cook and a pick
nzahir
RealGM

Post#112 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:20 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

With any luck Collison has regrets and wants to buddy back up with Vogel but a suitable trade target if playmaking is a problem in the season may be DJ Augustin, thoughts on him?

Dragic Trade??

With what salary? KCP and Mcgee have NTC.

We need Danny Green.

FVV or Dj Aug (meh) are main targets I can see unless someone gets bought out.

No clue why heat would buy out dragic?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Slava » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:31 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:

Dragic Trade??

We need Danny Green.

In that proposed scenario, Westbrook gets traded to heat and OKC buys out Dragic.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#114 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:38 pm

Slava wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Dragic Trade??

We need Danny Green.

In that proposed scenario, Westbrook gets traded to heat and OKC buys out Dragic.

So OKC would buy him out u mean? Since Heat need to move Dragic's salary likely

Dragic, Winslow, Derick Jones JR, future 1st?

Is that even enough? Russ is a top 15-20 guy, but he contract is crazy

I feel like Miami wants to keep Bam

Unless they can add a couple more contracts and get Adams too
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Slava » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:41 pm

nzahir wrote:
Slava wrote:
nzahir wrote:Dragic Trade??

We need Danny Green.

Heat can't trade any firsts in the near future but Westbrook contract is ugly enough that they could get him for Dragic, Winslow and Derrick Jones.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#116 » by nzahir » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:44 pm

Slava wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Slava wrote:

Heat can't trade any firsts in the near future but Westbrook contract is ugly enough that they could get him for Dragic, Winslow and Derrick Jones.

2026 semi protected?

Contract is bad, but still a top 15-20 guy. Really not worth more than cap relief, Winslow, and a guy like Jones?
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#117 » by Dmagic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:22 am

alot of pressure on Kuzma and Danny Green.. more on Danny green hes ever had...you saw how he handled the finals...not well
pressure to hit open shots that is.
Im thinkning a player like Beal is in our future
cousins and wall reunion?
Kuzma and boogie for beal?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#118 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:29 am

Dmagic wrote:alot of pressure on Kuzma and Danny Green.. more on Danny green hes ever had...you saw how he handled the finals...not well
pressure to hit open shots that is.
Im thinkning a player like Beal is in our future
cousins and wall reunion?
Kuzma and boogie for beal?

I wish, but the $$$ doesn't work out.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#119 » by Dmagic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:52 am

all about the money...how could i forget
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#120 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:28 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Slava wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Ok but without the miracle buyout of Dragic, Augustin on a 7m contract could be had for Cook and a pick

Please, no more trading anymore of our picks anytime soon. We've sent enough picks to the Pels plus traded another 2nd rounder for Horton-Tucker.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers