ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: Gus retires, UFC 238 Cowboy vs Ferguson plus two title fights 

Post#121 » by islanders11040 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:20 am

WOAAHHHHHHHH
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: Gus retires, UFC 238 Cowboy vs Ferguson plus two title fights 

Post#122 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:21 am

Masvidal hit him with the

after.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#123 » by waya » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:26 am

That was f*cking insane.

You never see that in sh*tty prelims, much less one of the most anticipated fights of the year lol
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#124 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:29 am

I love wrestlers getting knocked out with a knee coming in.

Something so satisfying about that.
waya
RealGM

Post#125 » by waya » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:34 am

GEOLINK wrote:I love wrestlers getting knocked out with a knee coming in.

Something so satisfying about that.

As a big fan of Khabib, can't say I feel the same :lol:

Although it was awesome in this case. Part of me thinks Askren is entertaining and the other part really wanted to see him humbled.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#126 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:45 am

Holy sh*t Amanda. LMAO

PPV of the year.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,831

Post#127 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:51 am

GEOLINK wrote:KO of the f*cking year.

I need Dustin to do that to Khabib.

[img]
Read on Twitter
[/img]
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#128 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:58 am

Look at Masvidal at the 2:20 mark :lol:
waya
RealGM

Post#129 » by waya » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:46 am

F*ck that injury.

Jones split-decisioned a guy with a bum knee for 80% of the fight
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#130 » by Fury » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:50 am

Santos robbed

What did Jones do other than benefit from Santos’s injured leg?
waya
RealGM

Post#131 » by waya » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:54 am

Fury wrote:Santos robbed

Fight could definitely have been 3-2 Santos but you already know they're gonna lean in favor of Jones in a close fight 10 times out of 10
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#132 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:55 am

Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#133 » by Jscratch1200 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:59 am

Not sure why Jones didn't try taking this to the ground. Santos was obviously a threat at all times while standing.

Extremely close fight, both did a great job keeping the other in check with their leg kicks. Really could have went either way and I wouldn't argue the decision.
Jscratch1200
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#134 » by Jscratch1200 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:05 am

waya wrote:
Fury wrote:Santos robbed

Fight could definitely have been 3-2 Santos but you already know they're gonna lean in favor of Jones in a close fight 10 times out of 10
Felt like rounds 1&5 Santos won and 3&4 Jones won. I don't remember either of them standing out too much round 2 and they may have given it to Jones due to the strikes landed. Jones seemed to control the fight more, but Santos had Jones in trouble more times throughout the fight.

It sucks when a fight is left in the judge's hands to call.
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,393

Post#135 » by Strick » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:42 am

Admittedly, I'm a big JBJ fan. I think that fight could have gone either way. If the decision was Santos I would have been disappointed but it would be nearly impossible for me to argue it. Santos is a scary MF. That dude throws everything with serious power.

Haven't seen Jones fight like that in a long time, if ever. He clearly respected the power Santos had. Crazy to see Jones carried off and Santos walked off. I'd really be interested in a rematch once Santos gets his knee fixed. Those leg kicks were seriously hurting Jon. I do think that played into why he didn't go for takedowns. Also you have to get in serious danger range vs Santos to land a takedown.

Overall I thought it was a good chess match between two dangerous fighters in their own right. Obviously it wasn't the most exciting to a lot of fans but I do love those calculated chess matches mixed in with the obvious thrillers
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,393

Post#136 » by Strick » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:45 am

I will say that was a great card though. Rockhold got knocked into another dimension. Hasn't been the same since Bisping. I thought he looked pretty damn slow at 205.

Masvidal vs Askren was ridiculous. I was going for Jorge hard and was expecting a really interesting fight. That flying knee has to go down as one of the greatest knockouts ever. Easily one of the craziest things I've seen in the UFC.

Amanda is insane. I seriously don't know how she has 4 losses. Who beat her and how? He had to have been mad raw during that time or something, because she is on a different planet than other excellent women in the UFC
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#137 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:04 pm

No steroids for this fight but you can bet you bottom dollar that if he fought DC again, he'd be back on that shyt.

Also, I'm devastated by Askren getting KO'd like that. He practically put his head on a tee and said to Jorge "Ok, let's see what you got. Knee me square on the chin. Go ahead, I dare ya."
Free Palestine
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#138 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:09 pm

My boy masvidal.. woooooooh

Damn!

Till, askren.. colby is next. Lets fking go
im bout dat action boss
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#139 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:10 pm

Strick wrote:I will say that was a great card though. Rockhold got knocked into another dimension. Hasn't been the same since Bisping. I thought he looked pretty damn slow at 205.

Masvidal vs Askren was ridiculous. I was going for Jorge hard and was expecting a really interesting fight. That flying knee has to go down as one of the greatest knockouts ever. Easily one of the craziest things I've seen in the UFC.

Amanda is insane. I seriously don't know how she has 4 losses. Who beat her and how? He had to have been mad raw during that time or something, because she is on a different planet than other excellent women in the UFC

Rockhold was REAL slow. He had nothing. He should go back to 185 and then go to Bellator. I have to say I do enjoy seeing him get SMESH.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#140 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Strick wrote:I will say that was a great card though. Rockhold got knocked into another dimension. Hasn't been the same since Bisping. I thought he looked pretty damn slow at 205.

Rockhold was REAL slow. He had nothing. He should go back to 185 and then go to Bellator. I have to say I do enjoy seeing him get SMESH.

Luke is a giant doosh

He was on a dating show and grabbed his date's ass and asked do you spit or swallow?

You can see it here

I've disliked him for that plus his disrespectful sore loser performance after Bisping cleaned his clock

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks