Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:10 am

Last thread reached 100 pages: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1850100&start=1980

Continue discussion here.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#2 » by Benedict Miller » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:33 pm

OKC should trade Westbrook to the Knicks
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#3 » by Butler4thewin » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:43 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors landed Russell
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#4 » by sco » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:08 pm

Butler4thewin wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors landed Russell

Sounds like they don't want to trade a bunch of picks or Siakam...they don't have any other useful assets.

I'm betting on the Heat. I think Russ/Hollywood Jimmy would be good entertainment. They may have assets to pull it off.
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,600

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:16 pm

By my count, I have 8 teams that could plausibly win the NBA championship this year. 9 if Durant can return for the postseason. That’s amazing. Even before the super-team era the list usually capped out at about 4 teams.

On paper this projects to be the most interesting, competitive NBA season possibly ever. What an outstanding summer for the NBA and it’s fans.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#6 » by coldfish » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:25 pm

DuckIII wrote:By my count, I have 8 teams that could plausibly win the NBA championship this year. 9 if Durant can return for the postseason. That’s amazing. Even before the super-team era the list usually capped out at about 4 teams.

On paper this projects to be the most interesting, competitive NBA season possibly ever. What an outstanding summer for the NBA and it’s fans.

On the other end, the only team in the NBA that I see outright tanking is Cleveland. Charlotte might be bad and OKC might decide to tank too. Regardless, a few years ago it seemed that there were 8-10 teams who were outright trying to be bad. Every night you had a lot of games that were just going through the motions.

That won't be the case this year. The low end teams are going to be able to pick off the better ones. The 9 contenders you mentioned are going to lose against bad teams with some regularity. I bet that the 3 to 10 spots in the east only have a few games separating them.

I have never seen an NBA like this. Its going to look like the NFL and its going to be awesome.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#7 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:01 pm

It will take extraordinary health and luck for any team to get to 60 wins this season. And, with the draft odds changed, there is less tanking. Every team will try to win to have that winning environment.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#8 » by Southpaw » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:09 pm

Who says no on a CP3 for RW trade? That'd be fun haha
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by DuckIII » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:14 pm

Southpaw wrote:Who says no on a CP3 for RW trade? That'd be fun haha

OKC says no. Paul’s contract is horrid, he’s injury prone and old, and would be an absolute crybaby ass clown if he got traded to a bad team.
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#10 » by TallDude » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:32 pm

Zion´s injury. As i told before (many times) he probably will have very short career as did Greg Oden. Hopefully longer. He has too much weight and too much power. His body will not handle it. He must change his way to play or he will be out for good before he turns 24. Hopefully i´m wrong. He must lose weihght and improve his allround playing. He can not be just dunking machine.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by DuckIII » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:36 pm

TallDude wrote:Zion´s injury. As i told before (many times) he probably will have very short career as did Greg Oden. Hopefully longer. He has too much weight and too much power. His body will not handle it. He must change his way to play or he will be out for good before he turns 24. Hopefully i´m wrong. He must lose weihght and improve his allround playing. He can not be just dunking machine.

He banged knees with an opposing player.

I’m not saying that his knees won’t possibly end up having issues due to the repetition stress from his weight and vertical, but he’s not yet had any injury suggestive of this.

And Greg Oden had a literally misformed body which led his his injuries. It was medical. There’s no indication of any such physical flaw with Zion.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#12 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:51 pm

The story of this off season is the ineffectiveness of Lebron's GMing and the recruitment skills of Kawhi

It seems like this camaraderie is between USA Olympians or star players. Europeans stars are split up.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#13 » by Red8911 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:19 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TallDude wrote:Zion´s injury. As i told before (many times) he probably will have very short career as did Greg Oden. Hopefully longer. He has too much weight and too much power. His body will not handle it. He must change his way to play or he will be out for good before he turns 24. Hopefully i´m wrong. He must lose weihght and improve his allround playing. He can not be just dunking machine.

He banged knees with an opposing player.

I’m not saying that his knees won’t possibly end up having issues due to the repetition stress from his weight and vertical, but he’s not yet had any injury suggestive of this.

And Greg Oden had a literally misformed body which led his his injuries. It was medical. There’s no indication of any such physical flaw with Zion.

Everyone’s body is different. They all can do the same exercises with the same weight yet some will be healthy while others will be injury prone. Genes play a role too. Rose for example always had a weak body and started breaking down early but then you see Westbrook who plays a similar style and he’s been mostly healthy his whole career. Lebron too he never had a serious injury up until recently at 34 but even that wasn’t that bad of an injury.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#14 » by BullsFTW » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:27 pm

As a fan of the NBA, I’m excited for the upcoming season. I love how there’s so many teams who have an opportunity to win the title. Both East & West have legitimate contenders. This is great for the game.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#15 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:49 pm

sco wrote:
Butler4thewin wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors landed Russell

Sounds like they don't want to trade a bunch of picks or Siakam...they don't have any other useful assets.

I'm betting on the Heat. I think Russ/Hollywood Jimmy would be good entertainment. They may have assets to pull it off.

I think the issue had more to do with acquiring all of that salary + giving up so many picks to OKC when it was Westbrook and PG13 plus dealing Siakam.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#16 » by Leslie Forman » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:49 pm

Once the season plays out, there will eventually only be 4-6 teams seen as serious title contenders, which is pretty much how it usually is. Some of the pre-season contenders will end up looking like pretenders instead, and at least one will have injury issues.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#17 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:50 pm

BullsFTW wrote:As a fan of the NBA, I’m excited for the upcoming season. I love how there’s so many teams who have an opportunity to win the title. Both East & West have legitimate contenders. This is great for the game.

Silver making tweaks to the lotto has definitely helped force teams to go other routes for parity.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#18 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:00 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:As a fan of the NBA, I’m excited for the upcoming season. I love how there’s so many teams who have an opportunity to win the title. Both East & West have legitimate contenders. This is great for the game.

Silver making tweaks to the lotto has definitely helped force teams to go other routes for parity.

The lotto has/had nothing to do with parity.

It had everything to do with KD leaving Golden St. And also paring the fact the Kawhi didn't go to the Lakers. The breaking up of super teams caused parity to exist.

If KD never got hurt or never left and or Kawhi went Lakers, the conversation would be completely different. IT would be the same old but with a new face.

Lottery odd didnt cause that.
The Cult of Personality
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#19 » by TheStig » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:50 pm

DuckIII wrote:

OKC says no. Paul’s contract is horrid, he’s injury prone and old, and would be an absolute crybaby ass clown if he got traded to a bad team.

IDK Westbrook has an extra year on his deal for 47 mill.

But I think the Pistons or Heat will come up with shorter deals in trade.

Let's be honest, Westbrook isn't being traded for any real assets. Just shorter and smaller deals.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by DuckIII » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:02 pm

TheStig wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

IDK Westbrook has an extra year on his deal for 47 mill.

But I think the Pistons or Heat will come up with shorter deals in trade.

Let's be honest, Westbrook isn't being traded for any real assets. Just shorter and smaller deals.

No doubt. But the Paul contract isn’t enough relief. Unless Houston adds a load of future firsts to it.

Return to Chicago Bulls