Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Signs One-Year Deal With Raptors

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Signs One-Year Deal With Raptors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:30 pm

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson agreed to a one-year deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Hollis-Jefferson averaged 8.9 points in 59 games for the Nets last season. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Signs One-Year Deal With Raptors 

Post#2 » by Anthoine » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:09 pm

Not a fan of this guy. Maybe he’ll earn some money.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#3 » by BillTheGOAT » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:42 pm

Hard worker,like this move.
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#4 » by phenith » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:32 pm

Another semi bust picked up by a team that's good at player development. Not sure what happened with the Nets, it appeared they were high on him and then suddenly he was out of the rotation and not even getting a qualifying offer.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 920

Post#5 » by dk1115 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:49 pm

The man was picked 23rd man...

https://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Post#6 » by Psubs » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:42 am

phenith wrote:Another semi bust picked up by a team that's good at player development. Not sure what happened with the Nets, it appeared they were high on him and then suddenly he was out of the rotation and not even getting a qualifying offer.

Signed KD and Kyrie. Probably had to relinquish him. Like trading Crabbe and 1st pick.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:47 am

dk1115 wrote:The man was picked 23rd man...

https://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Dudes way ahead of the curve! :D
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,188

Post#8 » by wallus » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:55 am

He sign.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:14 am

phenith wrote:Another semi bust picked up by a team that's good at player development. Not sure what happened with the Nets, it appeared they were high on him and then suddenly he was out of the rotation and not even getting a qualifying offer.

He got the qualifying offer in 2018, he’s played 4 seasons now. And he became a UFA when they needed cap space for Jordan, Irving and Durant.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#10 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:19 am

Psubs wrote:

Signed KD and Kyrie. Probably had to relinquish him. Like trading Crabbe and 1st pick.

He was playing good for us then in the off season he got hurt. The offense changed and he missed training camp it was just bad luck.
He can't shoot from 3 point range so he didn't fit in the Nets offense.

He's a hustle player and a good teammate I hope he excels in Toronto.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#11 » by CH Smoot » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:46 am

wallus wrote:He sign.

He sign, he sign. He go, he go.
pass_it_around
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#12 » by pass_it_around » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:49 am

bargain bin kawhi
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#13 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:43 am

kamaze wrote:
Psubs wrote:

He was playing good for us then in the off season he got hurt. The offense changed and he missed training camp it was just bad luck.

I have been to a couple of Brooklyn games, and it is amazing to see how animated and supportive he is even when he is not playing. Great guy for sure, so I wish him all the best. Toronto got themselves a really solid young player, whose calling card is defense, who will help them stay competitive out in the East. People forget, Toronto had a very strong team with a very good record even when Leonard was sitting out multiple games due to load management. They are going to be very solid with Siakam taking that next step to stardom. Siakam, Anunoby, Gasol, Lowry, Powell, Rondae, Van Fleet, Ibaka and Patrick McCaw is a formidable group.
AlvinWilliams_fan
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#14 » by AlvinWilliams_fan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:20 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I have been to a couple of Brooklyn games, and it is amazing to see how animated and supportive he is even when he is not playing. Great guy for sure, so I wish him all the best. Toronto got themselves a really solid young player, whose calling card is defense, who will help them stay competitive out in the East. People forget, Toronto had a very strong team with a very good record even when Leonard was sitting out multiple games due to load management. They are going to be very solid with Siakam taking that next step to stardom. Siakam, Anunoby, Gasol, Lowry, Powell, Rondae, Van Fleet, Ibaka and Patrick McCaw is a formidable group.

Thats if Masai doesnt blow up the team and trade Ibaka, Gasol and Lowry to rebuild.
My Game is Raptors Basketball
FIRE BRYAN COLANGELO RIGHT NOW
Waylon Mercy wrote:DeMar please F*ck my Wife PLEASE!!!!!!!
bdp31770
Junior
And1: 237

Post#15 » by bdp31770 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:05 pm

One of the best per minute rebounding small forwards in the league. He won't replace Kawhi of course but if he can improve his 3 point range he can be an allstar.
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#16 » by njknicks » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:06 pm

Low risk / high reward move to nab a guy that could be come a valuable role player down the line for the raptors.
kingtokee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#17 » by kingtokee » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:06 pm

AlvinWilliams_fan wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Thats if Masai doesnt blow up the team and trade Ibaka, Gasol and Lowry to rebuild.

I don’t see Masai blowing up the team all 3 becomes free agents after next season, now he might see what these players could fetch come trade deadline depending on how the raptors are playing
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#18 » by phenith » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:55 pm

kingtokee wrote:I don’t see Masai blowing up the team all 3 becomes free agents after next season, now he might see what these players could fetch come trade deadline depending on how the raptors are playing

I agree, the Raptors went like 15-7 without Kawhi last year. We'll see if Siakam is ready to take the lead role and OGs time to step up is now upon us, the Raps need some time to see what kind of team they actually have without DD or Kawhi.

Return to Wiretap Discussion