ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#701 » by Quazza » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:33 am

Coxy wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:
If you're so sure of that, elaborate.

What’s to elaborate buddy?
I mean, DLo and WCS for LUKE KENNARD and Drummond?
It still doesn’t address the wing issue, talent wise is not an upgrade, much less asset wise. It would be a bad trade.

OK buddy boy, Luke Kennard is good and getting better, and you seem to be forgetting that we would be getting Andre Drummond, who is the best rebounder in the NBA, and would provide some serious inside punch for us at the C spot. He's miles above WCS in value and play, and you have no idea about Luke Kennard and how he is developing. He's a 40% 3pnt shooter and getting better as he ups his volume. He'd be a good get for any team.

Drummond Green would be a crazy good pairing at the 4/5. Green elevates every C he plays with, Drummond would feast next to him.

Your GIF, and takes on this, suck ass.

How close were you to hitting him with a "Champ " ?

Had to be close
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#702 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:12 am

Quazza wrote:How close were you to hitting him with a "Champ " ?

Had to be close

"Champ" was a close 3rd behind "Buddy Boy" and "Sonny".
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#703 » by eminence » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:42 pm

Not a big fan of AG, I think Winslow from the Heat should be the guy y'all go for if Russell isn't working out to your liking.
I bought a boat.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#704 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:59 pm

Coxy wrote:
Quazza wrote:How close were you to hitting him with a "Champ " ?

Had to be close

"Champ" was a close 3rd behind "Buddy Boy" and "Sonny".

I prefer "Big Guy"
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#705 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:00 pm

eminence wrote:Not a big fan of AG, I think Winslow from the Heat should be the guy y'all go for if Russell isn't working out to your liking.

Winslow is a disappointment.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,711

Post#706 » by eminence » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:22 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
eminence wrote:Not a big fan of AG, I think Winslow from the Heat should be the guy y'all go for if Russell isn't working out to your liking.

Winslow is a disappointment.

Don't know what your expectations were, but I think he's been very solid. Great defender, can make some plays and is showing signs of hitting his shots.
I bought a boat.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#707 » by The-Power » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:01 pm

If the Knicks have given up on Ntilikina, what assets could we offer? Hard to keep up with what's left.

edit: Ah well, I keep forgetting that we're completely out of money this year. So, don't mind this post. :lol:
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#708 » by giberish » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 am

About the only player I see GS being willing and able to trade at this point is Evans. Is there anyone around the league on a cheap enough deal (obviously very limiting) that could be usefully traded for?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#709 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:33 am

Aaron Gordon for DLo. We need a PG and have several wing players. AG is from that area and spends all his free time there.

AG and DJ for DLo and 1st round pick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#710 » by donkeylips » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Why would the warriors give up the better player and a first round pick.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#711 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:43 pm

donkeylips wrote:Why would the warriors give up the better player and a first round pick.
That's questionable that he's better. AG is on a great contract and DJ is one of the better shooters in the league.

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#712 » by BW32 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Putting aside the fact that the trade is ass the W's picks are tied up for years so it's not an option to trade another one.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#713 » by killmongrel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 pm

basketballRob wrote:
donkeylips wrote:Why would the warriors give up the better player and a first round pick.
That's questionable that he's better. AG is on a great contract and DJ is one of the better shooters in the league.

Aaron Gordon and Terrance Ross for DLo and a second round pick.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#714 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:01 pm

BW32 wrote:Putting aside the fact that the trade is ass the W's picks are tied up for years so it's not an option to trade another one.

the Iggy trade is looking more and more stupid every day.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#715 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 pm

clyde21 wrote:
BW32 wrote:Putting aside the fact that the trade is ass the W's picks are tied up for years so it's not an option to trade another one.

The hate is strong with you this off season Clyde, I think you need to realise that being a GM in the NBA aint that easy and you need to exercise some restraint in that regard. I don't like all of the moves made either, 1 in particular, but there is no manual or brochure available on resetting an all-time great team when seriously ageing, and the best player in the world tells us in the 11th hour he's bolting us. They are doing the very best they can, and unfortunately when your making this many moves, they are going to whif on some of the ideas they come up with.

This season is going to be about patience, and making sure that D-Lo acquisition turns out the very best it can, both on the court and at trade window times. This season will belong to the Clippers, so we are setting up for a huge run the following season. Next year is about MVP Curry year, so sit back, grab yourslf a pint of lager and enjoy.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#716 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

The hate is strong with you this off season Clyde, I think you need to realise that being a GM in the NBA aint that easy and you need to exercise some restraint in that regard. I don't like all of the moves made either, 1 in particular, but there is no manual or brochure available on resetting an all-time great team when seriously ageing, and the best player in the world tells us in the 11th hour he's bolting us. They are doing the very best they can, and unfortunately when your making this many moves, they are going to whif on some of the ideas they come up with.

This season is going to be about patience, and making sure that D-Lo acquisition turns out the very best it can, both on the court and at trade window times. This season will belong to the Clippers, so we are setting up for a huge run the following season. Next year is about MVP Curry year, so sit back, grab yourslf a pint of lager and enjoy.

Myers has been slowly pissing me off lately, pushed me off the edge this last draft after, AGAIN, he completely neglects the wing position.

i do not have much faith in his vision for this team, scouting or decision making, and I haven't seen anything since The Logo left to alleviate those concerns. hope I am wrong.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#717 » by statsman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Not a fan of the DLo signing and what it required (Iguodala + first trade, hard cap), but I also don't hate it. Mostly, I don't know what the Warriors should have done differently this offseason with KD leaving.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#718 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Myers has been slowly pissing me off lately, pushed me off the edge this last draft after, AGAIN, he completely neglects the wing position.

i do not have much faith in his vision for this team, scouting or decision making, and I haven't seen anything since The Logo left to alleviate those concerns. hope I am wrong.

They'll be aware of the gaping hole they now have on the wings. We won titles with Durant, Iguodala, Barnes, Klay and Livingston in the team at different points, all long athletic defenders and shooters with unique abilities, they will be aware of the importance of them. Hell, we basically invented the positionless basketball team that was full of these wing types, so I don't buy for a second that they aren't aware of what this team will need to address from here on in. The fact is though, we were hamstrung in acquiring difference making wings this offseason due our situation, so this offseason was about grabbing the BPA available in return for the best player in the world, and then cramming as many minimum guys in as we can.

The off season wasn't ideal, but let's not pretend GMing would be easy in that situation. I think Lacob was also pulling a lot of strings this offeason, especially with the D-Lo acquisition and wanting a return on his investment.

Let's wait and see. Who knows, Smiley could be the new Peja for all we know.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#719 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

They'll be aware of the gaping hole they now have on the wings. We won titles with Durant, Iguodala, Barnes, Klay and Livingston in the team at different points, all long athletic defenders and shooters with unique abilities, they will be aware of the importance of them. Hell, we basically invented the positionless basketball team that was full of these wing types, so I don't buy for a second that they aren't aware of what this team will need to address from here on in. The fact is though, we were hamstrung in acquiring difference making wings this offseason due our situation, so this offseason was about grabbing the BPA available in return for the best player in the world, and then cramming as many minimum guys in as we can.

The off season wasn't ideal, but let's not pretend GMing would be easy in that situation. I think Lacob was also pulling a lot of strings this offeason, especially with the D-Lo acquisition and wanting a return on his investment.

Let's wait and see. Who knows, Smiley could be the new Peja for all we know.

now Smiley is a wing?

seriously what is happening here.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#720 » by Coxy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 pm

clyde21 wrote:now Smiley is a wing?

seriously what is happening here.

It was toungue in cheek dude, geeze lighten up. You're ready to pounce on anything in here now, relax.

Return to Golden State Warriors