Re: Avery Bradley Agrees To Two-Year, $9.7M Deal With Lakers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Avery Bradley Agrees To Two-Year, $9.7M Deal With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:01 pm

Avery Bradley will sign a two-year, $9.7 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers once he clears waivers.

Bradley finished last season with the Memphis Grizzlies and had a partial guarantee.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Fra Diavolo
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#2 » by Fra Diavolo » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:09 pm

Why they didn't sign SF backup?
I would prefer Marcus Morris instead Bradley/KCP... but i read that he was out after DeMarcus signed...
Who's gonna play sf when lebron is on bench? Jareed Dudley? xD
Who's gonna defend Kawhi/PG? Bradley? Kuz? Green? Lakers wingmans on defence side is really bad...
Iggy is the best option but i'm sure that memphis gonna trade him so no buyout and no lakers.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:16 pm

Fra Diavolo wrote:Why they didn't sign SF backup?
I would prefer Marcus Morris instead Bradley/KCP... but i read that he was out after DeMarcus signed...
Who's gonna defend Kawhi/PG? Bradley? Kuz? Green? Lakers wingmans on defence side is really bad...
Iggy is the best option but i'm sure that memphis gonna trade him so no buyout and no lakers.

Iggy hopefully gets bought out and Jr Smith and Korver are coming.. Marcus Morris over KCP any day bit Avery is elite defender and can be really good shooter..
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#4 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:21 pm

Not a bad deal at all. He looked great with grizzlies, though it was only like 16 games, but still....for that price you can't ask much more.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#5 » by Batsy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:26 pm

Stop overreacting, this is a great move. You sound like all those clueless NBA insiders and analysts that say the Warriors won't make the playoffs. Kuz needs to come off the bench and all will be well. If Iggy makes his way over that's great, but you can't count on that the way the Grizzlies have that death grip on his contract.
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#6 » by Anthoine » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:47 pm

Free agency isn’t done. They still have money to spend....I’ve heard rumors about Wilson chandler. I’m not a huge fan he’s played terribly not to expectations over the last 4 years but maybe playing with a purpose will change that if signed.
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#7 » by LukaMagic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:49 pm

The Lakers have assembled quite a collection of meh talent. And the world will be shocked again when they fail to secure a playoff spot next year.. Well, at least they will have SJ2 reruns to watch during the month of June.
Fra Diavolo
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Fra Diavolo » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:50 pm

Batsy wrote:Stop overreacting, this is a great move. You sound like all those clueless NBA insiders and analysts that say the Warriors won't make the playoffs. Kuz needs to come off the bench and all will be well. If Iggy makes his way over that's great, but you can't count on that the way the Grizzlies have that death grip on his contract.

I'm not saying its a bad move. I think signing Bradley is ok. he was better in Celtics, last year was bad, at least in Clippers uniform, but i think he still can be productive. But he's injury prone also.

But Lakers have so many guards, rondo, cook, caruso, green, kcp and bradley. SF? LeBron, Dudley, Troy Daniels or maybe Kuz can play SF too. They need 1 more SF/PF who can defend and shoot 3. Morris was perfect for them or Jamychal Green. Still a little chance for Iggy, but i doubt it.
Korver can't defend and play significant minutes, especially in playoffs. Cavs barely play him in playoffs couple years ago so... i dont see him.
I hope they wont sign Melo...
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#9 » by Anthoine » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:50 pm

Anthoine wrote:

Free agency isn’t done. They still have money to spend....I’ve heard rumors about Wilson chandler. I’m not a huge fan he’s played terribly not to expectations over the last 4 years but maybe playing with a purpose will change that if signed.

Meant to say Corey Brewer!
Fra Diavolo
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Fra Diavolo » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:52 pm

Anthoine wrote:Free agency isn’t done. They still have money to spend....I’ve heard rumors about Wilson chandler. I’m not a huge fan he’s played terribly not to expectations over the last 4 years but maybe playing with a purpose will change that if signed.

I know that but less and less decent players to sign.
Wilson Chandler already signed with Nets.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#11 » by Beethoven » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:52 pm

LukaMagic wrote:The Lakers have assembled quite a collection of meh talent. And the world will be shocked again when they fail to secure a playoff spot next year..

Perspective is in the eye of the beholder. I am not surprised by your opinion because you are not a Laker fan.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#12 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:00 pm

Will they waive any guard now? They have Rondo, Green, Bradley, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, Cook, Daniels and Horton Tucker... Ok, Green, KCP can play SF too, but still..
kingtokee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#13 » by kingtokee » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:03 pm

This is a pretty good signing, it just amazes me how because it’s the Lakers so many people say it’s a ok to bad signing but if it was the Clippers it would be praises for daya
Fra Diavolo
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Fra Diavolo » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:08 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Will they waive any guard now? They have Rondo, Green, Bradley, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, Cook, Daniels and Horton Tucker... Ok, Green, KCP can play SF too, but still..

Daniels and Horton are SF.
They didn't signed Horton Tucker yet i think?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#15 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:12 pm

Fra Diavolo wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Will they waive any guard now? They have Rondo, Green, Bradley, Caruso, Caldwell-Pope, Cook, Daniels and Horton Tucker... Ok, Green, KCP can play SF too, but still..

Daniels is 6'4 I think, more SG than SF, Horton is 6'6 SG, but yes can play SF.. Well they drafted him, so probably will sign him.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#16 » by Batsy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:44 pm

kingtokee wrote:This is a pretty good signing, it just amazes me how because it’s the Lakers so many people say it’s a ok to bad signing but if it was the Clippers it would be praises for daya

Bro it's the sports internet of losers who love to hate popular teams and players. Don't waste your breath, they'll kick Lakers fans while they were down and fall on their collective asses when they try to kick upwards.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#17 » by arasu » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:48 pm

Fra Diavolo wrote:
Batsy wrote:Stop overreacting, this is a great move. You sound like all those clueless NBA insiders and analysts that say the Warriors won't make the playoffs. Kuz needs to come off the bench and all will be well. If Iggy makes his way over that's great, but you can't count on that the way the Grizzlies have that death grip on his contract.

I'm not saying its a bad move. I think signing Bradley is ok. he was better in Celtics, last year was bad, at least in Clippers uniform, but i think he still can be productive. But he's injury prone also.

But Lakers have so many guards, rondo, cook, caruso, green, kcp and bradley. SF? LeBron, Dudley, Troy Daniels or maybe Kuz can play SF too. They need 1 more SF/PF who can defend and shoot 3. Morris was perfect for them or Jamychal Green. Still a little chance for Iggy, but i doubt it.
Korver can't defend and play significant minutes, especially in playoffs. Cavs barely play him in playoffs couple years ago so... i dont see him.
I hope they wont sign Melo...

Morris and J. Green are both bigs in today's league. Morris played exactly zero minutes as a SF last season, and J. Green played excellent as a small ball center in the playoffs.

Danny Green played the majority of his minutes at SF in his last season with the Spurs. He has played about 1/3 of his career minutes at SF. He should do fine at SF when LeBron is resting. Daniels played 19% of his minutes at SF last season. And KCP and Avery both have played 7% of their career minutes at SF. KCP is a legit 3 position player in today's league. If Horton-Tucker develops quickly, he could be a great 3-&-D guy at the 3. He has the weight, strength, and length to defend NBA SF's. There are only a few big SF's in the league, and Lebron is the guy who will get most of those matchup minutes. When he isn't available, Kuzma and Dudley can get some minutes against bigger SF's, though Avery and Green are both very capable of defending against bigger players. The Lakers are already fine at SF, though they will probably still add a combo forward who can defend small forwards. And, yes, virtually nobody thinks Carmelo should be in the NBA.

With the positional flexibility on this roster, every position is covered pretty well already. Their guard core has just enough depth and versatility. I really like what they've done there.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#18 » by tigerae » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:57 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Fra Diavolo wrote:

Daniels is 6'4 I think, more SG than SF, Horton is 6'6 SG, but yes can play SF.. Well they drafted him, so probably will sign him.

They won't waive any guards, at least not unless a big fish comes in to the picture. They need the added depth. Horton will likely not play too much as a Rookie. Caruso, Daniels and Dudley will be 3rd swing players. At least for now, Daniels and/or Dudley could become IL players if Iggy, JR, Melo and/or Korver come in to the picture. They still need one more big man for front court depth (Chandler, Pau or Faried would work). The last spot will likely go to Iggy, JR, Melo or Korver. They could use Dudley and LeBron at the 4 at times and AD and Kuzma at the 5 at times in the right situations, so I guess they could end up signing 2 of the 4 (Iggy/JR/Melo/Korver).

Horton, if they do end up signing him, will more than likely be a 2-way contract which doesn't count towards the 15 roster spots.

PG: Rondo/Cook/Caruso
SG: Green/Bradley/Daniels
SF: LeBron/KCP/Dudley
PF: AD/Kuzma
C: Cousins/McGee
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#19 » by njknicks » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:02 pm

While Bradley is an all-league defender ... he has always been injury prone with limited range on his shooting.

Interesting to see that the Lakers are looking to pairup Rondo / Bradley again from the Celtics years.

Surprised that the Lakers are not looking internationally to fill up their roster. Am quite certain that the top Euro / International players would relish the opportunity to showcase their talent on the most watched franchise in the NBA.

But then again - Neither Rob Pelinka / Jeanie Buss / Magic has never established any type of solid scouting for the Lakers since he joined. Hence they are grasping for straws by filling their roster with "names" instead of true need.

Scour the globe for basketball talent - not just the free agency trash heap thats left.
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 635

Post#20 » by tsirigoj » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:15 pm

LukaMagic wrote:The Lakers have assembled quite a collection of meh talent. And the world will be shocked again when they fail to secure a playoff spot next year.. Well, at least they will have SJ2 reruns to watch during the month of June.

So, I know that I don't have much credibility on RealGM as I don't have many posts. I've perused this website and the forum since (get ready for this) 2004, so I'm going to go ahead and call myself a vet.

With that being said, as a very rational Laker fan, I have to speak up now that we have two top 5 talents in LeBron and AD (and please, no "LBJ isn't a top 5 talent anymore" nonsense).

I've seen a few posts like this (I'm about to go get those others as well), and all I can say is 'wow.'

The only hope you have of being correct is if this team doesn't find that chemistry that the Clips had last season, OR there is a season-ending injury for AD (knock on wood). Otherwise, to say this team isn't a top 5 team in this league as it stands is just laughable. I'm just going to be nice and leave it at that. The fact that the Lakers now have locker room guys, young guys, old guys, guys that play hard, and FINALLY some shooters to put around LeBron? I think you're scared.

Now, gotta go get those who think that 5 draft picks + 2 players for Paul George is somehow a better deal than 3 draft picks + 3 players for Anthony Davis.

Return to Wiretap Discussion