Zion will be a bust

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Re: Zion will be a bust 

Post#21 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Like a Hall of Fame bust made out of bronze?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Everyone bump this thread when the time comes

Dude is going to be a bust , just watch

Suns fan whos team drafted Bender and Jackson at 4th overall thinks every pf will be a bust

I don’t like Bender / Jackson

Just saying he isn’t going to be a 25/10 all star god like you all say he will be

That's a bad bet on your part, I mean sure he isn't like Lebron at all coming into the league out of HS and
able to play 1-5 with once in a generation bbiq at 18 yrs old.
But Zion is a much more capable facilitator then given credit, and that alone makes him more likely to improve those other areas
because it shows his bbiq is elite for his age ...then you throw the world class explosiveness and defensive awareness/execution and overall he has a better chance than pretty much anyone besides the Greek freaks and Kawhis of the league to be a top 10 player in the NBA during his career.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 am

People seem very angry ablut Zion for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#24 » by Wilber85 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:04 am

His shot is slow , low , and sucks !
Lakers LeBron
Senior
And1: 1,679

Post#25 » by Lakers LeBron » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:13 pm

Not to say Zion will be a bust, but if he were to be a bust then you would expect his first summer league to go pretty much the way it went

- Zion was a tweener on defense. He looked small/undersized against front court players and slow against perimeter players. No idea who he guards in the NBA

- Zion was out of shape and got tired quickly. He absolutely needs to get his weight in check and I suspect his ideal playing weight is a lot closer to 250 than 300

- Zion's jumpshot doesn't have nearly enough lift. At his height that shot is non viable in the NBA. It'll be blocked every time
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#26 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:56 pm

Lakers LeBron wrote:Not to say Zion will be a bust, but if he were to be a bust then you would expect his first summer league to go pretty much the way it went

- Zion was a tweener on defense. He looked small/undersized against front court players and slow against perimeter players. No idea who he guards in the NBA

- Zion was out of shape and got tired quickly. He absolutely needs to get his weight in check and I suspect his ideal playing weight is a lot closer to 250 than 300

- Zion's jumpshot doesn't have nearly enough lift. At his height that shot is non viable in the NBA. It'll be blocked every time
300 he will be in hospital first year. 250 well he will have a career.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#27 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:51 pm

In his first summer league, Zion looked like Dwight Howard, with some jaw dropping defensive plays and cringe worthy offensive series.

I don't think Zion will ever be an elite 3pt shooter, but I do think he can be half way respectable from three like when Barkley or Anthony Davis attempt to shoot threes.

Zion will have a learning curve now he as to go up against guys like Mitchell Robinson on a daily basis, but I think he can still turn into a combo forward version of Derrick Rose with less injury issues.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#28 » by Damkac » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:22 pm

Wilber85 was talking the same thing about Doncic a year ago. So Zion will surely be great.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#29 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:29 pm

LOL if by a bust you mean he will bust some ass yep
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#30 » by panthermark » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:and if he doesnt bust?

Define your definition of bust

Everyone is claiming he is an all nba , all star , hall of fame player

My definition is dude will have a career 18/7 and low fg%

What do you consider low FG%?

Are you saying is going to be a Wiggins type bust?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#31 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Zion is a bust, but I hope he won't be. Some think he is the next Lebron or Anthony Davis or top 5 player, I don't he will be on that level, I think Zion will be on the same level Dwight Howard was on when he was with the Rockets.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#32 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:and if he doesnt bust?

Define your definition of bust

Everyone is claiming he is an all nba , all star , hall of fame player

My definition is dude will have a career 18/7 and low fg%

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#33 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Even if he is a “bust” you don’t get credit for calling it unless you can say why
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#34 » by kb02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Larry Johnson 2.0. Sometimes all star, but not generational either.

The jaw dropping athleticism is there n he’ll end up being an 18/10 player. He’ll be on highlights weekly, but, for now, I don’t see the type handles, vision, or defensive IQ to peg him as a generational talent. Do think his shot will be average over the long term.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#35 » by nolang1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm

I think he'll be an all-star, but as I mentioned in the 'what would you trade the #1 pick for' thread, I never thought of him as a LeBron or even AD type of prospect and if some team was willing to make a crazy offer that valued him as a top-5 trade asset in the league I'd have taken it. Drafting someone who at 6'6 is the 2nd-heaviest player in the league at a time when the pace of the game is continuing to increase shouldn't have been hand-waved as much as it was; he'll get in better shape but like we saw with Kevin Love, there's a trade-off between being in good enough shape to get up and down the floor and being big enough to move people out of the way near the basket, which is a lot of Zion's game on offense (in a crowd he's not playing above the rim nearly as much).

Shot-wise I had similar concerns as with Ben Simmons where even though Zion is a better and more willing shooter, the form is such that it seems unlikely for his shot off the dribble to ever be much of a weapon.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#36 » by mattg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:25 pm

I could see Zion not being nearly as good as everyone thought because he doesn’t play to contact as well as expected. I feel like he can be challenged physically, and he backs off when guys knock him to the floor as well as anytime there’s a collision or minor tweaking of anything he seems mentally thrown off. I feel like I can say with 100% certainty that he is scared to hurt himself (more than is normal for a young athlete obviously), and will likely sit out a ton of games for precautionary reasons as well as load management starting this season.

Now, maybe some of that dissipates if he gets into better shape and isn’t carrying so much weight, but I think it’s worth keeping an eye on.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#37 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 pm

silly. And this is from one of only a few people who knew Fultz was overrated. I agree he's overrated. NBA length will hamper him. Injuries will hamper him. And lack of a jumper will as well. However, he's just too physically gifted with an elite BBIQ to bust. I mean, he could decide to be the next Dennis Rodman and could easily do that and not bust. He could be a bad shooter and end up ONLY the next Draymond and that's obviously not a bust. I never understood why people had him quite so hyped though. Comparisons to Lebron are just absurd. At minimum he should be a 15-10-4 guy. No chance at being a bust.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#38 » by No-Man » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm

The only issue that might hinder him in terms of being a top notch creator is his hands size, he is going to be really good anyway, but that could limit his absolute ceiling as a scorer/high usage player
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#39 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:silly. And this is from one of only a few people who knew Fultz was overrated. I agree he's overrated. NBA length will hamper him. Injuries will hamper him. And lack of a jumper will as well. However, he's just too physically gifted with an elite BBIQ to bust. I mean, he could decide to be the next Dennis Rodman and could easily do that and not bust. He could be a bad shooter and end up ONLY the next Draymond and that's obviously not a bust. I never understood why people had him quite so hyped though. Comparisons to Lebron are just absurd. At minimum he should be a 15-10-4 guy. No chance at being a bust.

can people stop acting like he's Ben Simmons? thanks.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#40 » by Marty McFly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:26 am

UcanUwill wrote:People who claim he will have low FG% have no clue what they are talking about.

almost 70% from the field in college. :lol: but he'll be inefficient in the league. :crazy:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to NBA Draft