ImageImageImageImageImage

Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,783

Re: Transaction Discussion Part 3 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas) 

Post#1101 » by flintsky21 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:30 pm

I think you guys should start Harkless at the 4. Allows PG and Kawhi to play at their more natural positions. He's lengthy and good defensively. While not an excellent shooter, is good enough to not be left wide open. Bev, PG, Kawhi and Moe would cover so much space defensively.

P. S. Thanks for saving the NBA, Kawhi and Clips.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#1102 » by esqtvd » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:03 am

flintsky21 wrote:I think you guys should start Harkless at the 4. Allows PG and Kawhi to play at their more natural positions. He's lengthy and good defensively. While not an excellent shooter, is good enough to not be left wide open. Bev, PG, Kawhi and Moe would cover so much space defensively.

P. S. Thanks for saving the NBA, Kawhi and Clips.

You're welcome. :wink: Word going around is that Ballmer also did it out of self-defense. The Clippers have an opening to win hearts here in LA but that wasn't gonna happen if the Lakers put together their Big 3.

As for Harkless, these days everyone dreams of "positionless basketball." We are gonna switch like MFers. I'm sure Doc is gonna give Harkless a chance to play some small-ball 5 like JaMychal did for us last year, and I expect plenty of load-management minutes at the 3, his natural position.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1103 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:53 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Hmmmm....
Baumwolleee
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#1104 » by Baumwolleee » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:12 am

Isn't he injured?
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1105 » by QRich3 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:06 pm

QRich3 wrote:JaMychal Green's options keep shrinking though. At the moment, only two teams left with significant capspace to give him a salary over the room exception: Dallas and Atlanta. Only other 4 teams with their full non-taxpayer MLE too: Charlotte, Denver, Memphis and Toronto. It's either one of those six teams giving him an offer or he's coming back imo.

Cross the Grizzles off, since they gave Tyus Jones (who'd be awesome as a back up PG for us btw) most of their MLE. And still not a peep about Green.

From the above teams, the Mavs scare me the most.

- Atlanta is rebuilding and surely prioritizing to give Reddish and Collins as much play time as possible.
- Charlotte just drafted PJ Washington in the lottery and has Zeller and Marvin Williams, don't think they need him.
- Denver has Millsap and Juancho, and might still be negotiating to bring Lyles back. EDIT- Denver just traded for Jeremi Grant, so they're out.
- Toronto has Siakam and just got Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson, one of them will surely back up Siakam and the other OG Anunoby? Not sure they have the play time for him.

Then there's a bunch of teams that can equal our offer, but I really hope spending last year with us makes him want to stay! I just hope the Mavs have other plans, but they do have a hole in their rotation where he'd fit very nicely.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1106 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:49 pm

Baumwolleee wrote:Isn't he injured?
Here's an update from Rotoworld on July 1

Dwight Howard, who was limited to just nine games last season due to a gluteal issue, said he's feeling "amazing" heading into the 2019-20 season.
"Man, my body feels amazing," Howard said. "I’ve been in the gym the last couple of months, trying to get my body right. I feel good, man. My legs are back up under me. Now it’s just about getting the strength to play an 82-game season." Howard is currently under contract in Washington, but it wouldn't be shocking to see him don yet another jersey in 2019. Given his history with back issues and declining play, we wouldn't recommend targeting him in most leagues.

SOURCE: Candace Buckner on Twitter
Jul 1, 2019, 6:45 PM ET
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,076

Post#1107 » by sisibilio » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:39 pm

Not much "healthy" FA options at center to fill the roster. Dwight, Chandler, Gasol...
Noah is probable the most reliable left at this point.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1108 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:21 pm

I think Noah fits our culture tbh. He'd work out just fine off the bench. Looks like he returned to some respectability last year after nearly falling off the face of the earth the year before.

Well, it could be the case of too many tough guys: Bev, Trez, Noah...
But I imagine he'd be a positive, high energy big and quality teammate.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,241

Post#1109 » by wco81 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:33 pm

esqtvd wrote:Word going around is that Ballmer also did it out of self-defense. The Clippers have an opening to win hearts here in LA but that wasn't gonna happen if the Lakers put together their Big 3.

I don't think the Clippers will be the main team in LA. It would take a couple of decades of dominance over the Lakers.

They'll get their fair share of bandwagon fans. Kawhi didn't have a huge following. Don't think he was selling many jerseys and he could only get a shoe deal from New Balance.

That could change after his exploits in the playoffs this year and the free agency.

They have the potential to have a good 5-7 year run, barring injuries to Kawhi and PG13. Certainly they could make legends of themselves if they win like 4 or 5 straight.

But it would still be tough to overcome the Lakers' legacy.

The Clippers have been drawing well haven't they? Must have a pretty lucrative local-TV deal. Now they will also have more national TV games. Probably Christmas games. vs. the Lakers.

Yeah if they didn't get Kawhi, it might have been difficult to replicate the 48-wins from last year, unless the young players took good jumps over already-impressive rookie seasons.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1110 » by esqtvd » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:55 pm

wco81 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Word going around is that Ballmer also did it out of self-defense. The Clippers have an opening to win hearts here in LA but that wasn't gonna happen if the Lakers put together their Big 3.

I don't think the Clippers will be the main team in LA. It would take a couple of decades of dominance over the Lakers.

They'll get their fair share of bandwagon fans. Kawhi didn't have a huge following. Don't think he was selling many jerseys and he could only get a shoe deal from New Balance.

That could change after his exploits in the playoffs this year and the free agency.

They have the potential to have a good 5-7 year run, barring injuries to Kawhi and PG13. Certainly they could make legends of themselves if they win like 4 or 5 straight.

But it would still be tough to overcome the Lakers' legacy.

The Clippers have been drawing well haven't they? Must have a pretty lucrative local-TV deal. Now they will also have more national TV games. Probably Christmas games. vs. the Lakers.

Yeah if they didn't get Kawhi, it might have been difficult to replicate the 48-wins from last year, unless the young players took good jumps over already-impressive rookie seasons.

you're right, it's a Lakers town, even over the Dodgers

but for now, the Clips can fight for #3 with the Rams, and if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, we probably slip way back in the pack as the Lakers eat up our oxygen
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1111 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:41 am

I'm pretty convinced there's another move coming. I have no idea what it would be, but our front office has gone silent again and the only move they've announced is Harkless.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1112 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:46 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I'm pretty convinced there's another move coming. I have no idea what it would be, but our front office has gone silent again and the only move they've announced is Harkless.
Was just thinking the same thing. Also the fact that Kawhi and PG haven't been officially announced yet. Has to be something else brewing.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#1113 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:51 am

Read on Twitter

Spears speculating it could be for Iguodala. Not sure it’s gonna be possible, he has to get bought out first and he still has some trade value, OKC is not gonna wait for us forever, and he’d be kind of redundant anyway. Go get a 3rd string point guard, convince the re-signed guys to get their salary front loaded, and call it a day, IMO.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1114 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:25 pm

Jerome Robinson, Moe Harkless and Lessort's rights for Iguodala

yes or no?
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1115 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:25 pm

QRich3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spears speculating it could be for Iguodala. Not sure it’s gonna be possible, he has to get bought out first and he still has some trade value, OKC is not gonna wait for us forever, and he’d be kind of redundant anyway. Go get a 3rd string point guard, convince the re-signed guys to get their salary front loaded, and call it a day, IMO.

Memphis isn't buying out Iggy
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,718

Post#1116 » by TinmanZBoy » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:26 pm

Fischella wrote:Jerome Robinson, Moe Harkless and Lessort's rights for Iguodala

yes or no?

No
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
No-Man
RealGM

Post#1117 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:29 pm

I'd do it btw, that gets you to a Playoff rotation of

Shamet-Beverley
George-Williams
Leonard-McGruder
Green-Iguodala
Zubac-Harrell

That's just too good
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#1118 » by donemilio21 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:58 pm

Fischella wrote:
QRich3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think so either. They have no incentive to do so. Laker fans would tell you some other **** because they are used to getting other teams to mess things up and land players for next to nothing.

I think Harkless + Jerome + a future 2nd would be more than enough to get Iggy. Jerome will not get any playing time, and I'm pretty sure we will not pick up his team option for his 3rd year. He is not worth $3.7m cap space. So the question would be, who do we need more in the rotation, a guy like Iguodala or Harkless? I think it would be Iggy.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1119 » by esqtvd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:35 am

donemilio21 wrote:
Fischella wrote:
QRich3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't think so either. They have no incentive to do so. Laker fans would tell you some other **** because they are used to getting other teams to mess things up and land players for next to nothing.

I think Harkless + Jerome + a future 2nd would be more than enough to get Iggy. Jerome will not get any playing time, and I'm pretty sure we will not pick up his team option for his 3rd year. He is not worth $3.7m cap space. So the question would be, who do we need more in the rotation, a guy like Iguodala or Harkless? I think it would be Iggy.

This could wait 'til midseason at least. See how Harkless fits, if Jerome is playable, and if Iggy has any tread left on his tires. At the moment we need load management minutes and Mo and Rome will help more than Ig.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,699

Post#1120 » by KL2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:57 am

I know he’s older but he’d be ideal to fill in the pg position. Prefer him over Lin.

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers