50%

Total votes: 20

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Would you want Westbrook on this team? 

Post#1 » by TMU » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:04 pm

Rumors are that the Rockets are also in the hunt. Simply a yes or no question.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Re: Would you want Westbrook on this team? 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:26 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#3 » by red96 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:25 pm

Hell no was the 1st thing that popped into my mind. Some say Paul for RW would work out ok. I get that Paul is 4 years older, but im not sure id even want Westbrook swapped for Paul because RW cant replicate any Paul's strengths. RW would also take a lot of shots from a much more efficient Harden. I guess Gordon and Shumpert on a very high 1 year guaranteed deal S&T'd would work salarywise. I just don't see how he could work with the Paul and Harden. If Morey pulled it off, my goodness. The sports media would kill him. The Rockets have greater needs than adding another ball-dominate guard.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:53 pm

Nope no no no no no
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#5 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:03 am

Rumor that Boston is still interested in Capela and Houston in Gordon Hayward, thoughts?
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#6 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:47 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Rumor that Boston is still interested in Capela and Houston in Gordon Hayward, thoughts?
They aren't trading Capela for Hayward. Not even close. Brown or Smart are who they'd want
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#7 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:49 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Rumor that Boston is still interested in Capela and Houston in Gordon Hayward, thoughts?
They aren't trading Capela for Hayward. Not even close. Brown or Smart are who they'd want

What would the Hayward trade be?
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#8 » by red96 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:06 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

No idea, but the Rockets really cant trade Capela without getting a big back. They have no full sized PF on the roster and Capela is the Rockets only non g-league 5 they have.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#9 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:37 pm

red96 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:They aren't trading Capela for Hayward. Not even close. Brown or Smart are who they'd want

No idea, but the Rockets really cant trade Capela without getting a big back. They have no full sized PF on the roster and Capela is the Rockets only non g-league 5 they have.

Right, I had assumed the Capela rumors weeks ago had been based on the idea you could sign a replacement center with the MLE - Deandre Jordan or whoever. That’s not an option now - so moving Chris Paul’s money for Hayward seems like the deal Houston would be interested in if they can’t work out something else..? Not sure Boston would be on board. I could see us dealing one of Brown/Smart, but hesitantly.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:46 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
red96 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:

Right, I had assumed the Capela rumors weeks ago had been based on the idea you could sign a replacement center with the MLE - Deandre Jordan or whoever. That’s not an option now - so moving Chris Paul’s money for Hayward seems like the deal Houston would be interested in if they can’t work out something else..? Not sure Boston would be on board. I could see us dealing one of Brown/Smart, but hesitantly.
Ehh CP is better than Hayward and while Hayward has the chance of bouncing back I'm not all that interested
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#11 » by jwise44 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:55 pm

The fact that westy and the thunder are working TOGETHER on a trade makes me think we may be able to get him, he’s still friends with harden, right?

I don’t know if we will cause our assets suck, but I honestly think he would want to come to houston, just have to beat out whatever other teams he puts on a list

I actually don’t know if I want him, don’t think I want him...just wouldn’t mind a team shakeup. Also could see a Paul, westy, harden lineup being able to exist “theoretically” if westy can start shooting better
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#12 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:07 pm

jwise44 wrote:The fact that westy and the thunder are working TOGETHER on a trade makes me think we may be able to get him, he’s still friends with harden, right?

I don’t know if we will cause our assets suck, but I honestly think he would want to come to houston, just have to beat out whatever other teams he puts on a list

I actually don’t know if I want him, don’t think I want him...just wouldn’t mind a team shakeup. Also could see a Paul, westy, harden lineup being able to exist “theoretically” if westy can start shooting better
Our assets don't really matter because his contract is one of the worst in the league
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#13 » by jwise44 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:22 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
jwise44 wrote:The fact that westy and the thunder are working TOGETHER on a trade makes me think we may be able to get him, he’s still friends with harden, right?

Our assets don't really matter because his contract is one of the worst in the league

Can ego capela + not get it done? I honestly don’t know egos or westys contract this year...

I’m just trying to talk myself into wanting this because I hate Westbrook, but if it happens I have to learn to accept it
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#14 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:58 pm

jwise44 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

Can ego capela + not get it done? I honestly don’t know egos or westys contract this year...

I’m just trying to talk myself into wanting this because I hate Westbrook, but if it happens I have to learn to accept it
Oh if they trade Capela for Westbrook they're out of their damn minds. Westbrook has a super max the next 4 years and fell off hard last season. His contract is a negative
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#15 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:25 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
red96 wrote:No idea, but the Rockets really cant trade Capela without getting a big back. They have no full sized PF on the roster and Capela is the Rockets only non g-league 5 they have.

Ehh CP is better than Hayward and while Hayward has the chance of bouncing back I'm not all that interested

Right, and I'd say Hayward is younger and on better money, and has a better chance of bouncing back than CP does of aging like Stockton or Malone. I'm just trying to figure out what the possible deals would be based on the rumors.

Return to Houston Rockets