Lebron
Danny Green
Kuzma
AD
Boogie
its that simple
rondo running second unit
bradley-green-KCP get about even playing time
we are going to have a good gaurd competition and it will likely push players like KCP-bradley-and quin cook to improve drastically
but look for Kuzma to be candidate most improved player
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Re: Lakers Starting Line up 

Post#82 » by Dmagic » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:02 am

why yall think kuzma coming off bench---NO
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#83 » by Rosque » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:05 am

Dmagic wrote:why yall think kuzma coming off bench---NO
Why do you think Kuz can score on PG13 or can defend him? Or bojan bogdanovic, or literally 90% of small forwards?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#84 » by Dmagic » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:11 am

Kuzma a baller where you been...what makes you think anybody needs to defend PG13 come playoff time? shittt...
I_Love_This_Game!!
Pro Prospect
And1: 70

Post#85 » by I_Love_This_Game!! » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:13 am

I think it'll look something like this until we pickup an upgrade or two from the buyout market.

PG...Lebron (32)...Cook (12)...Rondo (8)
SG...Bradley (30)...Daniels (12)
SF...Green (30)...KCP (12)
PF...Davis (34)...Kuzma (28)
C...Cousins (26)...McGee (16)
My Dream Team
PG...Magic Johnson...Steph Curry
SG...Michael Jordan...Kobe Bryant
SF...Larry Bird...LeBron James
PF...Tim Duncan...Charles Barkley
C...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...Wilt Chamberlain
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#86 » by Rosque » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:17 am

Except his positioning, lateral movement and concept of team defense is non-existent and he is nowhere quick enough to guard most small forwards. Heck, even LBJ gets blown by them, now imagine kuz who is not as athletic as 35yrs old lebron is. He is a good scorer but he is a power forward in todays game. If it were 1980 he couldve been a small forward just like jmaes worthy was a s forward. But today? Whoooo boy do i have news for you. 6'5/6'6/6'7 guys are small forwards and even power forwards and quick enough to stay in front of skinny kuz. Kawhi even 10-15 yrs ago is a shooting guard but today he's a sf. Cmon man

"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#87 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:20 am

Because Kuzma ain't better than Bron and AD. Those two would probably play at both starting forward positions and I don't like the idea of Kuz playing the starting SG position. Unless AD starts at C or Bron plays PG then you open up a starting forward slot for Kuz. Personally, I'd prefer that Bron and AD starts with the forward positions as AD prefers to play PF and I would like to give a Cousins/Davis front court combo again (they did well in the Pels) and while the idea of Bron playing as PG would be intriguing, I am not comfortable on how we wolud play D against quick opposing guards.

Kuz coming off the bench is still a good idea as we know he could score and he could get a lot of opportunities playing as the primary scorer with the second unit.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#88 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:23 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Because Kuzma ain't better than Bron and AD. Those two would probably play at both starting forward positions and I don't like the idea of Kuz playing the starting SG position. Unless AD starts at C or Bron plays PG then you open up a starting forward slot for Kuz. Personally, I'd prefer that Bron and AD starts with the forward positions as AD prefers to play PF and I would like to give a Cousins/Davis front court combo again (they did well in the Pels) and while the idea of Bron playing as PG would be intriguing, I am not comfortable on how we wolud play D against quick opposing guards.

Kuz coming off the bench is still a good idea as we know he could score and he could get a lot of opportunities playing as the primary scorer with the second unit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/romance-rumors-hit-kendall-jenner-and-rising-nba-star-kyle-kuzma-plus-more-news/ss-AAE2n1T

Never a good sign...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#89 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:25 am

Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/romance-rumors-hit-kendall-jenner-and-rising-nba-star-kyle-kuzma-plus-more-news/ss-AAE2n1T

Never a good sign...

I think it's time to call Lamar and tell Kuz what it's like to be with a Kardashan.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#90 » by mighty_duck » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:28 am

Rosque wrote:
Why do you think Kuz can score on PG13 or can defend him? Or bojan bogdanovic, or literally 90% of small forwards?

There are maybe 4-5 teams against which he would be overmatched at SF - one of the shallowest positions in the league.

The bigger problem is that in the proposed lineup - (Lebron/Green/Kuz/AD/DMC ) he would need to match up defensively with either the opposing PG, or their better wing. Both of those are problems.

On offense, he would be defended by the other team's weaker wing (the stronger one would be on Lebron). That would be a matchup we'd win more often than not.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#91 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:32 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Never a good sign...

I think it's time to call Lamar and tell Kuz what it's like to be with a Kardashan.

Lamar won two titles, a gold medal, and sixth man of the year with Khloe

Being traded away from the lakers broke him, whereas the lakers tried and did keep Kuz
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#92 » by stan francisco » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:33 am

PG: LBJ [24] Caruso [14] Rondo [6] Norvell [4]
SG: Green [24] KCP [10] Bradley [10] Cook [4]
SF: Kuzma [28] LBJ [8] Green [8] THT [4]
PF: Davis [28] Kuzma [8] Cacok [8] Dudley [4]
C: JMG [24] DMC [18] Davis [4] Cacok [2]

Copied from other thread and edited here.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#93 » by EArl » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:28 am

Bradley
Green
Lebron
Davis
Mcgee (or Boogie if he shows he can be productive)

Bradley brings up the ball and passes to Lebron (insert fresh Prince clip) who initiates offense.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#94 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:31 pm

Thought just struck me... If Kuz goes back to being a great spot up jump shooter, we may have one of the most talented Triangle lineup ever...
LeBron-Kuz-AD, with Bradley or KCP as Fish, and a platoon of 5th players depending on the other team's approach... Go Huge and have Cousins or McGee in there under the basket... Or go smaller and add another shooter.

F-it... Let's **** this Vogel experiment, get Rambis and Phil in here...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#95 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:42 pm

Kilroy wrote:Thought just struck me... If Kuz goes back to being a great spot up jump shooter, we may have one of the most talented Triangle lineup ever...
LeBron-Kuz-AD, with Bradley or KCP as Fish, and a platoon of 5th players depending on the other team's approach... Go Huge and have Cousins or McGee in there under the basket... Or go smaller and add another shooter.

F-it... Let's **** this Vogel experiment, get Rambis and Phil in here...

:lol: I had the same thought on Saturday when the team was coming together. The bigs are all great tri guys.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#96 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:26 pm

Davis should play c and kuzma start at pf... but it won’t happen
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#97 » by Pointgod » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:46 pm

Lord help our defense if Kuzma and Lebron are both on the perimeter. Yikes.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#98 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:53 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Never a good sign...

I hear that is just a rumor, they were a yacht party on the 4th and struck up a conversation. That’s all
Forum permissions