Timberwolves free agency

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,889

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#341 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:49 am

Jedzz wrote:Oh boy. So Livingston is ok, but oodles of others out there are off limits.

When you look at the player profiles the team is targeting so far on these cheap deals, most of them have two qualities: length and defense. Livingston has both. Fredette has neither.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#342 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Oh boy. So Livingston is ok, but oodles of others out there are off limits.

When you look at the player profiles the team is targeting so far on these cheap deals, most of them have two qualities: length and defense. Livingston has both. Fredette has neither.

From what I have heard Livingston is going to retire. Why are people even talking about him?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#343 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:57 am

SO_MONEY wrote:From what I have heard Livingston is going to retire. Why are people even talking about him?

Sure about that?

As the Golden State Warriors waive three-time championship guard Shaun Livingston, his intention remains to return for a 16th season in the NBA, league sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27157616/sources-warriors-waive-3-champ-livingston
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#344 » by Jedzz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:03 am

All those years of bouncing around begging for a role and somehow was never a Wolves player. Doubt he ever wanted to play here.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#345 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:04 am

Klomp wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:From what I have heard Livingston is going to retire. Why are people even talking about him?

Sure about that?

As the Golden State Warriors waive three-time championship guard Shaun Livingston, his intention remains to return for a 16th season in the NBA, league sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27157616/sources-warriors-waive-3-champ-livingston

Apparently not.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#346 » by Nick K » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Klomp wrote:

Sure about that?

I've always liked Shaun but I think he's washed up. 16 years in the league has caught up with him.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#347 » by Nick K » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:48 pm

There isn't much left in free agency.

www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/available/

I don't see much help on that list. If I did anything I might take a shot at Trey Lyles for the minimum. I liked him on draft day. He clearly has talent but has been very disappointing. I'm not convinced Bell is going to be very good. Maybe Towns can help light a fire under this guy. His advanced numbers don't look so hot but I still like his athleticism and skill set. He can shoot the 3 and rebound which sounds good to me.

I'd take a shot on a guy like that for part of the BAE.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#348 » by DaKid » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Nick K wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Sure about that?

I've always liked Shaun but I think he's washed up. 16 years in the league has caught up with him.

There was a 3 year span where he didn't play and he's only averaged 20 mpg throughout his career. It's not like he's had a Kevin Garnett career in terms of games/minutes played
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,581

Post#349 » by shrink » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm

We avoided both lists!

cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,981

Post#350 » by wolves_89 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 pm

shrink wrote:We avoided both lists!

I think we will still be linked to the lists. Tyus Jones is going to come in at #8 on the best bargains list when it's updated ($22.4M CARMELO market value - $8.9M approximate salary = $13.5M net value).
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#351 » by Biff Cooper » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:35 pm

What is a Carmelo Market Value?
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#352 » by wolves_89 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:What is a Carmelo Market Value?

From my understanding it's a forecasting approach that uses a model based historical player data to predict a players future production. There is nothing subjective about the outcomes as the results are purely data driven.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#353 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:41 am

Why not....

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#354 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:58 am

Not sure if this is just a training camp deal or a two-way deal or what (guessing two-way)

Read on Twitter

DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#355 » by DaKid » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:07 am

Klomp wrote:Not sure if this is just a training camp deal or a two-way deal or what (guessing two-way)

Read on Twitter

I really liked what he did in summer league. I'm glad we are giving him a chance either way.
Guardian
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#356 » by Guardian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:19 pm

wolves_89 wrote:

From my understanding it's a forecasting approach that uses a model based historical player data to predict a players future production. There is nothing subjective about the outcomes as the results are purely data driven.

Aren’t they supposed to be moving away from that model? I think I read somewhere after they released their season standing projections and they had the Trail Blazers finishing 13th in the West or something crazy like that.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#357 » by wolves_89 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Guardian wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

Aren’t they supposed to be moving away from that model? I think I read somewhere after they released their season standing projections and they had the Trail Blazers finishing 13th in the West or something crazy like that.

The player projections for CARMELO sound like they haven't changed the approach for offensive projection, but they will incorporate a new defensive metric this season.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Post#358 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Klomp wrote:Why not....

MANY REASONS. :noway:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Post#359 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:14 pm

DaKid wrote:
Klomp wrote:Not sure if this is just a training camp deal or a two-way deal or what (guessing two-way)

Read on Twitter

I really liked what he did in summer league. I'm glad we are giving him a chance either way.

He really is an exceptional ball handler even by NBA PG standards.
Guardian
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#360 » by Guardian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Nick K wrote:There isn't much left in free agency.

www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/available/

I don't see much help on that list. If I did anything I might take a shot at Trey Lyles for the minimum. I liked him on draft day. He clearly has talent but has been very disappointing. I'm not convinced Bell is going to be very good. Maybe Towns can help light a fire under this guy. His advanced numbers don't look so hot but I still like his athleticism and skill set. He can shoot the 3 and rebound which sounds good to me.

I'd take a shot on a guy like that for part of the BAE.

That list is absolutely brutal. There’s virtually nothing left on there that would be an upgrade over what we have currently that wouldn’t be detrimental to our future(taking minutes away from guys who need it.)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves