James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals  

Post#1 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Sounds a lot like Boston last summer...

James Ennis III believes in his team going into next year.

The 29-year-old explained Wednesday that he re-signed with the Philadelphia 76ers because they are a shoo-in for a deep playoff run in 2019-20.

"Because it's a good team, and a good chance of winning," Ennis said, per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. "The East is going to wide open. We had a good chance last year. Kawhi is gone. He went to the West. So we are going to walk to the Finals in the East."

The forward agreed to a two-year deal with Philadelphia worth $4.1 million, per Noah Levick of NBC Sports.

The 76ers have the talent to make a run to the Eastern Conference Finals this year, especially after signing Al Horford and re-signing Tobias Harris, who join Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons on the roster.

The Milwaukee Bucks aren't going anywhere after winning 60 games last season, while the Indiana Pacers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics made big moves this offseason. The Toronto Raptors could also still be tough despite losing Leonard.

Meanwhile, the 76ers haven't been able to advance beyond the conference semifinals in either of the past two years, despite having Jimmy Butler last season.

In fact, the franchise hasn't reached the conference finals since Allen Iverson carried the team to the NBA Finals in 2001.

To suggest the 76ers are going to "walk" to that point this year might be a bit overconfident.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2845061-james-ennis-iii-76ers-can-walk-to-finals-in-east-after-kawhi-joins-clippers
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,808

Re: James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals 

Post#2 » by TheGOATWill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Where they lose in 5.
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#3 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Paradise wrote:Sounds a lot like Boston last summer...

James Ennis III believes in his team going into next year.

The 29-year-old explained Wednesday that he re-signed with the Philadelphia 76ers because they are a shoo-in for a deep playoff run in 2019-20.

"Because it's a good team, and a good chance of winning," Ennis said, per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. "The East is going to wide open. We had a good chance last year. Kawhi is gone. He went to the West. So we are going to walk to the Finals in the East."

The forward agreed to a two-year deal with Philadelphia worth $4.1 million, per Noah Levick of NBC Sports.

The 76ers have the talent to make a run to the Eastern Conference Finals this year, especially after signing Al Horford and re-signing Tobias Harris, who join Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons on the roster.

The Milwaukee Bucks aren't going anywhere after winning 60 games last season, while the Indiana Pacers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics made big moves this offseason. The Toronto Raptors could also still be tough despite losing Leonard.

Meanwhile, the 76ers haven't been able to advance beyond the conference semifinals in either of the past two years, despite having Jimmy Butler last season.

In fact, the franchise hasn't reached the conference finals since Allen Iverson carried the team to the NBA Finals in 2001.

To suggest the 76ers are going to "walk" to that point this year might be a bit overconfident.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2845061-james-ennis-iii-76ers-can-walk-to-finals-in-east-after-kawhi-joins-clippers

It's James Ennis.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#4 » by Yogatti » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Who's going to carry them in the 4th quarter? Sure as hell ain't Ben "I can't shoot" Simmons
JAYZGOAT
Starter

Post#5 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

TheGOATWill wrote:Where they lose in 5.

Won't be to the Lakers.
NjtoBk201
Senior
And1: 558

Post#6 » by NjtoBk201 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Very on-brand for a Philadelphia team
JAYZGOAT
Starter

Post#7 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Yogatti wrote:Who's going to carry them in the 4th quarter? Sure as hell ain't Ben "I can't shoot" Simmons

Idk? Maybe the guy who was top 5 in ppg last year? Or that other 20 ppg scorer they have?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#8 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm

premature confetti situation all over again

they should have no issues getting to the ECF as long as Embiid is healthy, but I question what they can do from that point on with that paper thin bench
Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Yogatti » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Panic610 wrote:
Yogatti wrote:Who's going to carry them in the 4th quarter? Sure as hell ain't Ben "I can't shoot" Simmons

Idk? Maybe the guy who was top 5 in ppg last year? Or that other 20 ppg scorer they have?

Name them for me, I don't know either of those 2. All I know is Embiid gets completely gassed by the time 4th quarter starts and Tobias disappears in pressure situations
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#10 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 pm

All that wingspan tho they’d be better off flying....seriously horford is a nice addition and good locker room guy, very nice get for philly. I’d be more worried about a butler and horford philly team than a Harris and horford team if I was one of the top teams in the east.

They’ll be very good as is but butler and horford I think theyd be hands down favorites in east.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#11 » by Kilo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Didn't he say "Walk to the Finals in the East". Ie walk to the conference finals.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
JAYZGOAT
Starter

Post#12 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Yogatti wrote:
Panic610 wrote:

Name them for me, I don't know either of those 2. All I know is Embiid gets completely gassed by the time 4th quarter starts and Tobias disappears in pressure situations

Well they have a little more big man depth now, so expect Embiid to be on a ton of load management going into the playoffs. That should take care of that. And as far as Tobias, I can't even think of a lot of pressure moments that he was seriously in the say that. Are we basing this off of what just last year? I don't think that they will just walk to the finals, but it's James Ennis, you wouldn't take anything else he says serious. This is just an opportunity to dismiss the Sixers, so do your thing.
JAYZGOAT
Starter

Post#13 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm

The Regime wrote:premature confetti situation all over again

Don't know what is more premature, the confetti, or the pre-season Lakers predictions last year
Ridicululz
Rookie
And1: 1,662

Post#14 » by Ridicululz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm

I don't know about walking to the finals, but I really like the Sixers' chances.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by Yogatti » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Panic610 wrote:blah blah blah

Embiid has poor conditioning. No amount of load management will fix that. These past 2 playoff run Embiid always run out of gas near the end.

Tobias shrinks in pressure situation, that's why Clippers traded him
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,348

Post#16 » by Forbes » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Too loud Ennis too loud. Just put more pressure on Simmons jumpshot with that talk.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#17 » by mademan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Their bigger problem is that J-Rich is their 2nd best ball handler/creator off the bounce. Thats not gonna get it done against strong defenses.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#18 » by woosah » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Giannis circled his name to make sure to remember to get a couple of dunks on him next time they play.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#19 » by robbie84 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Don't get too carried away. You gotta get past the new end boss of the East now that Kawahi is gone...

One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,382

Post#20 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 pm

I don't see a walk to the finals by any means. Nets will still be a threat without KD because they have a good team and I honestly think Boston will be quite a bit better after going from Kyrie to Kemba. Kemba fits way better and doesn't have to get his numbers. I think he's more about winning at this point. The Pacers will also be very good with Vic back and Brogdon at the point. If Miami gets Westbrook they'll be pretty good too, especially if they get Steven Adams.

Return to The General Board