ImageImageImage

2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Re: 2019 Miami Heat Summer League Team 

Post#1341 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:02 am

Also that interview with Kelly near halftime didn't make me feel like he was safe in trade talks. I felt like it was quite the opposite. Seemed like he knew he was in most discussions, but he was just trying to be professional.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,476

Post#1342 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:16 am

dean456 wrote:Also that interview with Kelly near halftime didn't make me feel like he was safe in trade talks. I felt like it was quite the opposite. Seemed like he knew he was in most discussions, but he was just trying to be professional.

Really? He looked pretty happy sitting next to Bam rooting the troops on. I actually think the team is pretty fond of that pairing. Metrics also support the two of them together on the floor as they compliment each other quite well.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#1343 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:28 am

Klomp wrote:You're goin' down....

Told ya!

Herro and Nunn are ballas tho....good game.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1344 » by gom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:53 am

Klomp wrote:

Told ya!

You were right. I didn't realize we were practicing the Spo tactic of blowing a 20-point lead in the 3rd. Figured we had that one down already.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#1345 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 am

gom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Told ya!

You were right. I didn't realize we were practicing the Spo tactic of blowing a 20-point lead in the 3rd. Figured we had that one down already.

We're used to this too. Erased a 13-point deficit in the first game too.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1346 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dean456 wrote:Also that interview with Kelly near halftime didn't make me feel like he was safe in trade talks. I felt like it was quite the opposite. Seemed like he knew he was in most discussions, but he was just trying to be professional.

Really? He looked pretty happy sitting next to Bam rooting the troops on. I actually think the team is pretty fond of that pairing. Metrics also support the two of them together on the floor as they compliment each other quite well.

I'm probably reading into it too much, but I just felt like when they were asking questions about the teams future he seemed sort of a little choked up like he didn't feel confident that he'd still be there next season. Could likely be just reading rumors and may not know for sure yet. Maybe that's part of the reason he's there today.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#1347 » by SlowPaced » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 am

Not to take away from Tyler Herro's impressive performance as a SG prospect, but are y'all paying attention to what Nickeil Alexander-Walker has been doing? So far making me proud for being the only guy on the forum who wanted him at #13.

(Not complaining about Herro at 13 though don't get me wrong)
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1348 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 am

SlowPaced wrote:Not to take away from Tyler Herro's impressive performance as a SG prospect, but are y'all paying attention to what Nickeil Alexander-Walker has been doing? So far making me proud for being the only guy on the forum who wanted him at #13.

Yea he's looking great. I liked NAW early on but then got distracted by every other prospect.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1349 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 am

SlowPaced wrote:Not to take away from Tyler Herro's impressive performance as a SG prospect, but are y'all paying attention to what Nickeil Alexander-Walker has been doing? So far making me proud for being the only guy on the forum who wanted him at #13.

not the only. I got laughed out the gym on draft day for having both Herro and NAW above Langford and KPJ
Read on Twitter
SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#1350 » by SlowPaced » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 am

I think NAW is just another case of people putting way too much stock into pure athleticism and physical stature in their evaluation of guard prospects. To me it wasn't crazy to think a SG prospect with good shooting, good handles, good court vision, good basketball IQ and good length could have a higher upside than just role player.

I know I'm sounding quite confident that his Summer League performance isn't a fluke, but I was sounding confident before SL began. Just really high on the guy. I hope his development doesn't get hindered by Pelicans having a deep guard rotation.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1351 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:22 am

SlowPaced wrote:I think NAW is just another case of people putting way too much stock into pure athleticism and physical stature in their evaluation of guard prospects. To me it wasn't crazy to think a SG prospect with good shooting, good handles, good court vision, good basketball IQ and good length could have a higher upside than just role player.

I know I'm sounding quite confident that his Summer League performance isn't a fluke, but I was sounding confident before SL began. Just really high on the guy. I hope his development doesn't get hindered by Pelicans having a deep guard rotation.

i think that he is a better prospect coming out than his cousin was, and I love the way SGA changed his game his rookie year.

I expect NAW to have a nice career

Read on Twitter
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,879

Post#1352 » by HeatingUp3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:28 am

How they lost this game?smh
I don't get why KZ wasn't on the court today. This is why summer league is for. Do we have any games left? How many?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1353 » by HIF » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 am

We lose a close one and people are talking about other picks they chose over Herro.

hahahahaha

Summer League - you got to love it.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#1354 » by fouled out boy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:08 am

SlowPaced
RealGM

Post#1355 » by SlowPaced » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

HIF wrote:We lose a close one and people are talking about other picks they chose over Herro.

hahahahaha

Has nothing to do with us losing, I missed the game and watched the Pels game instead. I made it clear in my post that I'm good with Herro at 13 because I knew someone like you would come along and give me **** for it, didn't prevent it clearly.

It's only me who brought up a different player, so why not address me directly instead of a passive-aggressive BS post?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1356 » by HIF » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:41 pm

SlowPaced wrote:
HIF wrote:We lose a close one and people are talking about other picks they chose over Herro.

hahahahaha

Has nothing to do with us losing, I missed the game and watched the Pels game instead. I made it clear in my post that I'm good with Herro at 13 because I knew someone like you would come along and give me **** for it, didn't prevent it clearly.

It's only me who brought up a different player, so why not address me directly instead of a passive-aggressive BS post?

I didn't address you at all. Don't act like an arsenal fan. :lol: :wink:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,750

Post#1357 » by greg4012 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Can everyone stop crying about KZ not playing? I feel our developmental program has shown itself to be truly elite among NBA franchises. Maybe allow for some deference to the process that they choose to implement and follow?
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Post#1358 » by FinNasty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:30 pm

No Herro highlights for the game?

EDIT: Found them...

dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1359 » by dean456 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm

HIF wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:

hahahahaha

I didn't address you at all. Don't act like an arsenal fan. :lol: :wink:

You either talking about him, JustiseForMiami or me and not one of us were reacting to the loss or saying we wished we picked NAW over Herro. We only stated that NAW is playing well and that we liked him during the drafting process. Herro was barely on my radar prior to the draft just like he was for the majority of fans here. But I'm plenty happy with who we got. Herro has been playing great.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1360 » by heat4life » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
Spacely wrote:If Duncan Robinson didn’t shoot 4-15 this would have been an easy dub. I don’t know what got into him today but he was literally just pulling shots, probably heard one of them was getting cut and tried to force the issue.

They were all off to me. Idk if it's because Riley is watching them. I thought he was there for the last game.

Nunn played well yes but he had some weird slip ups, Tyler and Duncan couldn't buy a shot, TOO much Maten.

I hope they learn something from this

Or maybe they just played better competition. Wolves have a solid defensive team. Such is life when you live/die by the shot. The Heat were able to keep a close game in the second half only because they started to attack the basket more with Nunn and Herro - hence why Robinson kinda disappeared - and were dumping it on the post to Maten who got most of his points down there.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to Miami Heat