James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Re: James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals 

Post#81 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:33 am

Paradise wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
jrask wrote:The Sixers got worse this offseason.

Why is nobody talking about that.

Horford = Butler

Richardson = Redick

Neto > McConnell

Similar or slightly better talent level, plus add a full season worth of continuity which we didn't have last year due to constant trades and roster reshuffles.

That means we got better, not worse this offseason.

Wow. Horford isn’t remotely close to Butler.

Richardson isn’t nearly the same as Redick. He’s a slightly better version of Covington.

Neto is a third stringer...

There's a thing in the NBA. It's called defense. It is 50% of the game.
-Blitz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#82 » by -Blitz- » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:34 am

the real question is how are embiid and horford gonna be on the court together? will they splt minutes at center?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#83 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 am

Eh debatable.

But I prefer to think of it as they got much better from the Simmons/Redick/Covington/Saric/Embiid team that went 52-30 and was the 3rd seed.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#84 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:38 am

-Blitz- wrote:the real question is how are embiid and horford gonna be on the court together? will they splt minutes at center?

PF - Horford 14 mpg
C - Embiid 32 mpg / Horford 16 mpg
-Blitz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#85 » by -Blitz- » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
-Blitz- wrote:the real question is how are embiid and horford gonna be on the court together? will they splt minutes at center?

PF - Horford 14 mpg

but do you bench horford in crunch time or play them together?
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#86 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 am

-Blitz- wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

PF - Horford 14 mpg

Good question. It will probably depend on the matchup.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#87 » by gh123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:54 am

No team is walking to the finals, 2nd rounds in both conference are gonna go 7 games.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#88 » by Clay Davis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 am

will it be because Embiid won't be able to run? lol
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,023

Post#89 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
-Blitz- wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
PF - Horford 14 mpg

Embiid and Horford will play a lot more than 32/30 minutes in any game that matters.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#90 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:10 am

Sixerscan wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
-Blitz- wrote:

Embiid and Horford will play a lot more than 32/30 minutes in any game that matters.

They'll play more but that'll be their average.

I don't know about a lot more though. Maybe 36/34? I mean Embiid's playoff average is 32.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#91 » by Black Mage » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 am

What this thread proves is how few people actually read the quote or lack reading comprehension. The OP clearly lacks reading comprehension or intentionally altered the quote of Ennis in his title. Ennis said a walk to the EAST FINALS. Not the NBA Finals.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Black Mage » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:I'm a Sixers fan and honestly, the arrogance of the team really annoys me. It has for years. The organization hasn't won jack in almost 40 years, you think you'd actually win something first before you start showboating and clowning around. This Sixers group smells themselves way too much. It's a big reason they never reached their peak last season.

My one rule: talk all the **** you want, but you better back it up. Like Jimmy Rollins did in 2007 calling the Phillies the team to beat in the NL East and they won it. When you do that, you earn the ability to talk all the **** you want. However, if you talk a big game, (ie calling yourself "the most unstoppable player in the league") and then allow a has-been Marc Gasol to clown you in the playoffs, then STFU and keep your damn mouths shut until you actually accomplish something. Like get out of the 2nd round. If the Sixers don't get to the Finals, they are going to be mocked for Ennis' comments and rightfully so. And me personally I think people are way overrating this Sixers team. They are really going to miss Redick and Butler in the playoffs, and with zero shot creators, the offense is going to majorly stall in the half court in playoff series against good defenses. I think they took a big step back this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if they fall way short of mainstream expectations.

I hate saying this as a fan of the Sixers, but man does their arrogance piss me off. Makes em really hard to root for.

GTFOH. You have been on the Sixers boards denouncing your fandom b/c you hate Elton Brand and his draft. Don't pretend now that you are out on the team because of their "attitude."
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#93 » by Metallikid » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 am

Arsenal wrote:

Horford = Butler

Richardson = Redick

Neto > McConnell

Similar or slightly better talent level, plus add a full season worth of continuity which we didn't have last year due to constant trades and roster reshuffles.

I believe you've lost all credibility at this point.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Black Mage » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 am

AK47MVP wrote:LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers

If you are implying Jimmy was a perimeter shooter then it proves you didn't watch Sixers at all. Butler actually went an entire month refusing to shoot from the perimeter b/c he wanted to run PNR. He rarely shot wide open 3's for the Sixers. Get your facts straight.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#95 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 am

In 2017-18, when the Celtics took the Cavs to a Game 7 in the ECF, Horford played 43% of his minutes at the 4.

They will be fine together...but the bigger thing is when Embiid is on the bench, we aren’t going to get destroyed like we did against the Raptors.

The Raptors won that series because the Sixers had a load of ish behind Embiid. That is OVER.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,023

Post#96 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:20 am

Black Mage wrote:What this thread proves is how few people actually read the quote or lack reading comprehension. The OP clearly lacks reading comprehension or intentionally altered the quote of Ennis in his title. Ennis said a walk to the EAST FINALS. Not the NBA Finals.

You may be right but that's much less fun.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#97 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:21 am

AK47MVP wrote:LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers

I’m having deja vu from last off-season. Let’s make another sig bet shall we? :) Even though it seems you removed the last sig we decided on...
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#98 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:23 am

Paradise wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Horford = Butler

Richardson = Redick

Neto > McConnell

Wow. Horford isn’t remotely close to Butler.

Richardson isn’t nearly the same as Redick. He’s a slightly better version of Covington.

Neto is a third stringer...

Richardson is way better than Redick. Redick wasn’t even good lol I was harping on that all season. Not worth the headache defensively.

Butler is better than Horford in a vacuum but in a secondary role it’s close. Horford is the ultimate role player.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#99 » by Cookin Baskets » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:27 am

76ers are worse, but yeah either way there is no such thing as walking it to the finals. That is just bull nobody does that to get to the nba finals except maybe the Warriors the last couple of seasons. You know Dynastys do that or if your name is Lebron, not teams that haven't won the conference yet.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#100 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:27 am

-Blitz- wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

PF - Horford 14 mpg

You absolutely play them together. In today’s NBA everyone needs to be able to switch on D, especially at crunchtime. I have no doubt that they can handle it...Embiid is actually pretty damn good on defense guarding smalls on the perimeter. On offense, I would expct a lot of Horford in the high post, running a lot of pnr and pnp’s with Harris and Richardson...while Embiid can play in the opposite mid-post.

Return to The General Board