James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Re: James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals 

Post#101 » by Isocleas2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 am

I believe the Sixers will walk right in to the eastern finals, but the Bucks will too. 2 horse race this year that likely goes 7 games.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,031

Post#102 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 am

Paradise wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
jrask wrote:The Sixers got worse this offseason.

Why is nobody talking about that.

Horford = Butler

Richardson = Redick

Neto > McConnell

Similar or slightly better talent level, plus add a full season worth of continuity which we didn't have last year due to constant trades and roster reshuffles.

That means we got better, not worse this offseason.

Wow. Horford isn’t remotely close to Butler.

Richardson isn’t nearly the same as Redick. He’s a slightly better version of Covington.

Neto is a third stringer...

Reddick's shooting was big, but his defense was horrible to the point it may as well have negated his offense, I'd personally rather have Richardson.

I feel like the Sixers are going to be able to completely grind the life out of teams with size and defense, even their two young players Smith & Thybulle look like defensive hounds.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#103 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
AK47MVP wrote:LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers

I’m having deja vu from last off-season. Let’s make another sig bet shall we? :) Even though it seems you removed the last sig we decided on...

Sounds like we should be encouraging him to keep making predictions:

"Sixers won't be a top 4 seed" - wrong

"Sixers will take one game from Toronto at best" - wrong

Keep up the good work.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#104 » by witnessraps » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:40 am

Talk about jinx. Don't count out the raptors. if we get a motivated Lowry ibaka gasol this team has a shot especially with gasol being elite rim protector and siakam fred Powell og ready to step it up a notch
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 358

Post#105 » by 76ersForLife » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:52 am

Yogatti wrote:Who's going to carry them in the 4th quarter? Sure as hell ain't Ben "I can't shoot" Simmons

How did that workout for Brooklyn in game 3?

I love how some of you just hate on Ben for lacking a jumper ignoring everything else he does to win games.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#106 » by Chris76 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Horford = Butler

Richardson = Redick

Neto > McConnell

Similar or slightly better talent level, plus add a full season worth of continuity which we didn't have last year due to constant trades and roster reshuffles.

That means we got better, not worse this offseason.

Wow. Horford isn’t remotely close to Butler.

Richardson isn’t nearly the same as Redick. He’s a slightly better version of Covington.

Reddick's shooting was big, but his defense was horrible to the point it may as well have negated his offense, I'd personally rather have Richardson.

I feel like the Sixers are going to be able to completely grind the life out of teams with size and defense, even their two young players Smith & Thybulle look like defensive hounds.

Horford, a secondary rim protector and rebounder with Embiid should be very productive.

At times, Butler made Simmons a bystander. Horford fits better with Simmons.

The screens among Simmons, Horford, and Embiid should be very challenging. A guard switching onto any of them should be at a huge disadvantage.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#107 » by Mister Ze » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 am

I have the Sixers going to the finals too, Simmons and Embiid will be 23 and 25 to start the season, they'll be better. Richardson is one of the best wing defenders in the league too.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#108 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 am

Chris76 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Paradise wrote:Wow. Horford isn’t remotely close to Butler.

Horford, a secondary rim protector and rebounder with Embiid should be very productive.

At times, Butler made Simmons a bystander. Horford fits better with Simmons.

The screens among Simmons, Horford, and Embiid should be very challenging. A guard switching onto any of them should be at a huge disadvantage.

I agree but with his age and going at PF could become problematic against certain teams.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,793

Post#109 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:16 am

witnessraps wrote:Talk about jinx. Don't count out the raptors. if we get a motivated Lowry ibaka gasol this team has a shot especially with gasol being elite rim protector and siakam fred Powell og ready to step it up a notch
Lol. Just enjoy what you got to watch this year. It's gonna be rough for a while.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,177

Post#110 » by mowcrowbar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:20 am

Anddd James Enis is going to contribute, what a completely redundant player.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#111 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 am

Raptors gonna surprise everyone and win the championship again
Read
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,569

Post#112 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 am

Pacers and Bucks are tough outs. Don't get cocky.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#113 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:Raptors gonna surprise everyone and win the championship again

Tristan Thompson is that you?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#114 » by In SVG We Trust » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:36 am

They're only winning in the 2k's MyGM simulation. They're not playing 2019 basketball, maybe in the 80's they'd be a great team.
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#115 » by Spintown » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:40 am

Who?
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#116 » by marcush » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 am

Lol, you really don’t want you minimum contract guys giving the opposition ammunition like this.
JagBoto
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#117 » by JagBoto » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 am

Al Horford’s contract with Philly: $109M base salary, with $97M guaranteed. Raises to $102M guaranteed if his team (Philly or if he’s traded, the other team) makes the Finals in 2020, 2021, or 2022. Fully guaranteed if team wins Finals in any of those years.

Horford will carry them hard :lol:
:naaa: or :crazy:
Knicks7Tape
Pro Prospect
And1: 902

Post#118 » by Knicks7Tape » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 am

He isn't wrong to be honest. Toronto, Boston and maybe the Pacers got weaker. I think they will be able to shut down Giannis.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#119 » by iggymcfrack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 am

Honestly, I think they’re a lot closer to Toronto, Boston, and Indiana than they are to Milwaukee. They’re way overhyped for a 51 win, +2.25 SRS team that got worse in the offseason.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#120 » by Antinomy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:48 am

The Horford to Philly move is gonna be one of the stealthy worst moves of the offseason. Embiid & Simmons already don’t fit & now you bring in another big man.

I guarantee that the Simmons-Horford-Embiid lineups are going to struggle mightily throughout the season. On the flip side I actually think that Simmons-Horford is going to work very well. I predict that their downfall will be that their 3/4 best players aren’t going to be effective on the court at the same time.

Return to The General Board