Kelly Oubre Jr. Re-Signs With Suns On Two-Year, $30 Million Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kelly Oubre Jr. Re-Signs With Suns On Two-Year, $30 Million Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:17 am

The Phoenix Suns re-signed Kelly Oubre Jr. on a two-year, $30 million deal, Adrian Wojnarowki reported.

Oubre was traded to the Suns along with Austin Rivers for Trevor Ariza last December.

Oubre averaged 16.9 points in 40 games with the Suns.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: Kelly Oubre Jr. Re-Signs With Suns On Two-Year, $30 Million Deal 

Post#2 » by Lee in Oregon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 am

Suns have already locked down a top pick in next years draft, and in the foreseeable future.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#3 » by FreeBoosie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 am

So cute xoxo...no H0m0
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,646

Post#4 » by Phystic » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Lee in Oregon wrote:Suns have already locked down a top pick in next years draft, and in the foreseeable future.

I think we have a chance to see a decent improvement this year. Don't get me wrong we will be in the lottery, and our defense is still pretty suspect pending improvement from our youngsters. But...

Rubio,TyJo,Jerome, Carter, Lecque, Okobo
Booker, TyJo, Johnson
Bridges, Oubre, Johnson
Saric, Kaminsky, Baynes
Ayton,Baynes, Saric

Again, don't get me wrong, still plenty of issues there. But we have a direction. Booker #1, Ayton #2, Oubre #3. 3&D wing in Bridges, pass and defend PG in Rubio, stretch bigs in Kaminsky and Saric, defensive combo guard in TyJo, wing shooting in Johnson. And possibly most importantly a real coach that should be able to hold the respect of the locker room and front office.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#5 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Phystic wrote:
Lee in Oregon wrote:Suns have already locked down a top pick in next years draft, and in the foreseeable future.

I think we have a chance to see a decent improvement this year. Don't get me wrong we will be in the lottery, and our defense is still pretty suspect pending improvement from our youngsters. But...

Booker, TyJo, Johnson
Bridges, Oubre, Johnson
Saric, Kaminsky, Baynes
Ayton,Baynes, Saric

Again, don't get me wrong, still plenty of issues there. But we have a direction. Booker #1, Ayton #2, Oubre #3. 3&D wing in Bridges, pass and defend PG in Rubio, stretch bigs in Kaminsky and Saric, defensive combo guard in TyJo, wing shooting in Johnson. And possibly most importantly a real coach that should be able to hold the respect of the locker room and front office.

Knowing what it's like to follow a franchise with a floundering direction, it's heart-warming to hear from a Suns fan that the team is finally moving toward SOMETHING.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#6 » by luss54321 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Phystic wrote:

Booker, TyJo, Johnson
Bridges, Oubre, Johnson
Saric, Kaminsky, Baynes
Ayton,Baynes, Saric

Your best players need to be leaders in the locker room and on the court.

Last year Devin Booker ranked 496th out of 514 players for Defensive Real Plus Minus. That low of a ranking signifies a complete lack of effort. He needs to start putting in some effort on the defensive end and demanding that his teammates do the same.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#7 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 am

I've gotta do a comparison between this guy and Otto Porter statistically. It's crazy how much their earnings will likely differ.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion