ImageImageImageImageImage

DMC

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Tomazan
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,701

Re: DMC 

Post#41 » by Tomazan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:38 am

Lakers should sign Jock Landale. Dude is playing super well in the Summer league, he is still young (23 yo ) and can be very valuable in case of injury or if Boogie thing doesn't go well.

17/9/2 ( 38% 3 PT) in 3 games
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#42 » by Pythagoras » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:43 am

How nuts would it be if we pulled Boogie off the scrap heap and he ended up being our 3rd star?? I wonder if there's a path to where we could clear enough cap space to retain him next year? I'm getting excited about this acquisition.
Numbers rule the universe.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#43 » by ROballer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:54 am

Well, most of the guys have two year deals with either TO/PO. They are easily movable assets should we choose to do so.
I don't see him getting the full MAX anywhere at this point in his career, but if he's 90% the guy he was before the injury(and based on all reports and how he looked in the 30 games with the Warriors, right after the injury, I think he will be there), I think 20 mil a year should be fair for both parties and we should do it.

It's nowhere near the same situation as GSW, in which you just knew he was a 1 year deal and that's it. If he pans out, we can actually afford to sign him if we want to.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#44 » by Jakay » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 am

I wanted him on this team for years. But he's still pretty limited. He'll have some big games but I don't see him as more than a good starter anymore. Still, lots of tools, so the versatility is great. I don't really buy the defensive numbers though. Solid piece though, interesting teaming up with AD again, that's for sure.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#45 » by ROballer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 am

jay51024 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's mind boggling how slim he looks. :o :o

I never saw him like this, even in his early twenties. My guess is he thought he'd have a market this summer based on his past resume alone, and didn't really give a **** about his weight while being with the Warriors.

Seeing it wasn't the case, and the fact he had to take pennies for the second year in a row made him wake up. He will be a monster and I'm glad he's on our team and not on another.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#46 » by Rosque » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am

He just couldn't keep being fit after being out until last 30 games of the season and as he was getting more and more fit his quad gave up and he couldn't practice. Of course he gonna get chubby. And even when he was chubby he was still a trouble for Marc **** Gasol.

idk why yall didn't want this man as a Laker. Glad to see you guys backtracking like Broussard and being behind my man dmc. He is just a humble, hard-working, emotional player who gives back to his community. Even after he went to NOP he was doing community work in SAC. You can't hate on that kind of a player. He is loud and obnoxious when he's your opponent but you love to have that type of player on this team.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#47 » by iamworthy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,632

Post#48 » by Pointgod » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Pythagoras wrote:How nuts would it be if we pulled Boogie off the scrap heap and he ended up being our 3rd star?? I wonder if there's a path to where we could clear enough cap space to retain him next year? I'm getting excited about this acquisition.

It’s entirely possible and probable. This is why I’ve been pushing for a Cousins signing so hard, I wanted a longer term deal. There’s no way in this league that Cousins is a 3 million dollar player, it’s just that people have very short memories since the last time we saw him play was coming off of the quad injury in the finals.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#49 » by Kilroy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:23 pm

DMC has the mentality of a Bench Enforcer but the talent of an elite starting big man... It's created conflict for him wherever he's gone... He's going to have to sacrafice one for the other... And maybe Time made the decision for him... He could be 6MOY if he put his mind to it... OR he could be a terrific 3rd/4th option in the SL... If he put his mind to it.

It's going to create headaches for the Coaching staff... To go with the headaches Kuz is going to create, but if they can figure it all out, it'll be nice...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#50 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 pm

iamworthy wrote:Me seeing boogie slim and trim:

he looks hungry and ready to play
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#51 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Kilroy wrote:DMC has the mentality of a Bench Enforcer but the talent of an elite starting big man... It's created conflict for him wherever he's gone... He's going to have to sacrafice one for the other... And maybe Time made the decision for him... He could be 6MOY if he put his mind to it... OR he could be a terrific 3rd/4th option in the SL... If he put his mind to it.

It's going to create headaches for the Coaching staff... To go with the headaches Kuz is going to create, but if they can figure it all out, it'll be nice...

are bench scoring woes were killer last year i think he will be be big lift . We could run big set to out rebound a lot teams with him,
DMC
LEBRON
JAVAL ,

He can shoot lords know we needed that last year.. Hes slimmed hes going be huge asset i think,. A lot people will be surprised
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#52 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Pythagoras wrote:How nuts would it be if we pulled Boogie off the scrap heap and he ended up being our 3rd star?? I wonder if there's a path to where we could clear enough cap space to retain him next year? I'm getting excited about this acquisition.

Even crazy, midway the season, everyone mentions the surprise sleeper, no one expected to have renewed career highs in all categories! And the Lakers only got him for the minimum. Ahahaha, that will for sure keep AD around. And we can re-up both.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#53 » by tv24lakers » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Yeah, this same level of enthusiasm and optimism for Boogie was shared by GSW fans last year. He's not signing for the vet minimum if other teams believed they would get quality minutes from him through the season.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#54 » by Pythagoras » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

tv24lakers wrote:

Yeah, this same level of enthusiasm and optimism for Boogie was shared by GSW fans last year. He's not signing for the vet minimum if other teams believed they would get quality minutes from him through the season.

The situations aren't comparable. Boogie came into the season still rehabbing last year, this year he's coming in healthy and way trimmed down. Additionally, he WAS playing well before hurting his quad. He put up 16/8 on 56 TS% in only 26 min/night and that was with his 3 point shot not falling. He's a guy who can consistently shoot 35% from 3 but only shot 27% last year. That 3 point % was flukishly low for him. Its not a lock he's able to be 80-90% of what he was pre-injury, but its not completely out of the question either.
Numbers rule the universe.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#55 » by iamworthy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#56 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Look like BI weight to be honest
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,835

Post#57 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Man, so slim he almost looks sick.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#58 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:30 pm

[list=]ii[/list]
tv24lakers wrote:

He was hurt last year with no training camp going in
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#59 » by Penberthy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm

How much he weigh now?
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#60 » by chefy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 am