'Kawhi ended the Warriors dynasty'

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Re: 'Kawhi ended the Warriors dynasty' 

Post#101 » by Samurai » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 pm

yitur wrote:
EarlyRaptor wrote:You seem upset today. He certainly ended their dynasty. Warriors were so scared of him they tried to force durant back leading to him tearing his Achilles. This also cemented durant leaving.

Kawhi and overrated doesn’t belong in the same sentence, Clyde.

Dude really? So two of their best players being injured had no part in it?

Of course not - one guy missing doesn't change anything. That's why I'm sure that the Raptors are favored to repeat as champs even without their SF from last season; he's only one guy!
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#102 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 pm

There's a Clipper fans who thinks Kawhi should be in the GOAT conversation if the Clippers won next season.

He's become the most overhyped player in RealGM history.

It really seems like people think Kawhi had the greatest carry job in NBA history.
LarryJoeDuncan
Freshman
And1: 106

Post#103 » by LarryJoeDuncan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:15 pm

killmongrel wrote:
LarryJoeDuncan wrote:Man people really trying to discount that Raptors team. Kawai didn't stop the Warriors. The Raptors Defense and Warriors Injuries stopped them. They played amazing defense and FVV played Curry as well as anybody ever has. Give the Raptors some credit jeez.

I don't know if it was your intention, but you went from defending the Raptors, to justifying the skepticism of the Raptors championship.

lol I didn't mean to but it is the truth. Injuries happen and sometimes that's the difference between winning and losing. I will say this though, people are assuming the lakers and clippers will battle for a championship. I think the warriors will surprise many and go back to the finals.
Larry Bird is the second best player of all time
Don Ford
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#104 » by Don Ford » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm

IMO, the Warriors dynasty ended when Durant left. When Klay gets back fully healed they'll be a serious championship contender but to me a dynasty is what they were with KD, an overwhelming favorite
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

Post#105 » by Stannis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 pm

OP is correct.

However, media is always extreme. I much rather hear Kawhi ended the dynasty then them putting an * on the Raptors' championship.
Free Palestine
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#106 » by thebigbird » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:There's a Clipper fans who thinks Kawhi should be in the GOAT conversation if the Clippers won next season.

He's become the most overhyped player in RealGM history.

It really seems like people think Kawhi had the greatest carry job in NBA history.

It's peak prisoner of the moment. He needs about 10 more seasons like the past one, while actually playing 70+ games, before he should even enter the top 10 discussion. The dude only has 2-3 seasons as a superstar right now.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#107 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 pm

LarryJoeDuncan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
LarryJoeDuncan wrote:Man people really trying to discount that Raptors team. Kawai didn't stop the Warriors. The Raptors Defense and Warriors Injuries stopped them. They played amazing defense and FVV played Curry as well as anybody ever has. Give the Raptors some credit jeez.

I don't know if it was your intention, but you went from defending the Raptors, to justifying the skepticism of the Raptors championship.

lol I didn't mean to but it is the truth. Injuries happen and sometimes that's the difference between winning and losing. I will say this though, people are assuming the lakers and clippers will battle for a championship. I think the warriors will surprise many and go back to the finals.

I will say this, if some of the people here aren't being intellectually dishonest, and really are dumb, they are going to be blindsided when the Warriors become championship favorites by at least next season. It's weird seeing people think the dynasty is over. The Heat dynasty ended for instance(was it even one?) because LeBron knew he could no longer win with an aging DWade and Bosh. KD left because he wanted to play with close friends. At the end of the day, the Warriors still have that other super star, you know, Steph Curry. The Warriors will always be contenders as long as they have their core. Yes, that same core that won a championship before KD. This isn't to rag on KD since we Warrior fans love him and still do for what he did for us. But he was a part of the dynasty. Not all of it.

I don't know if they'll make the Finals this year like you say. I wouldn't put it past them, Warriors can do amazing things. But I will guarantee, all the people who said the Warriors dynasty ended will look like idiots.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#108 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 pm

i've figured these idiot media heads out

really, all what a player needs to do is load manage and half-ass the RS, that way when he actually starts trying in the postseason, it'll look like 'OMG LOOK AT HIM ELEVATE HIS GAME IN THE POs', when in reality he was just sleep walking thru the RS.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#109 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Warriors have the core that won a championship and 73 games. With DAngelo there instead of Iggy.
GM Wotsup
Junior
And1: 272

Post#110 » by GM Wotsup » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Yer he ended them, but the media just can’t give up the word dynasty yet and have to keep rolling it out. It was a damn good half dynasty not unlike Heat or Pistons etc, but the talk show world worked themselves up into a sweaty frenzy and actually stated to believe their own propaganda tbh.

I don’t buy the narrative about injuries either. Yer makes a good story. But Raps had injuries as well. Plus KD (who is a super player) is overrated by some fans. Not wildly overrated but overrated none the less by some. Not that long back he couldn’t close out the West leading 3-1. Any one here going to bet against Kawhi not closing when leading 3-1?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#111 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:i've figured these idiot media heads out

really, all what a player needs to do is load manage and half-ass the RS, that way when he actually starts trying in the postseason, it'll look like 'OMG LOOK AT HIM ELEVATE HIS GAME IN THE POs', when in reality he was just sleep walking thru the RS.

That's because the media heads made it about the playoffs and championships, so player chill in the regular season.

The media have eroded the value of the regular season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#112 » by michaelm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:and I'm glad he did.

I think we all had enough of the team that was 'light years ahead of everyone....'

I'm glad they failed on a 3 peat, lost after being up 3-1, fined and banned one of their own minority owners and now sent the vets like Iggy and Livingston packing. Just shows they are like any other NBA team.

I'm looking forward to teams extracting revenge on them this year,I will enjoy watching bottom feeders going into their new arena and taking it to them.

I tend to agree about the management aspect, whatever part bad luck played good management can hardly be ascribed to the GSW organisation given the season ended with calamitous injuries to 2 great players, and if they were ever light years ahead it was significantly down to Jerry West imo whom Lacob didn’t see fit to retain.

Ii is precisely because the dynasty is very likely over with Durant’s departure that dispensing with Livingstone and Iguodala doesn’t reflect too badly on the management imo though, Iguodala played hardball on his last contract and much as I revere him I think they don’t really owe him a load managed regular season in a year when they are perhaps unlikely to contend, contention in the play-offs being the reason they were prepared to pay him all that money at this stage in his career.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Post#113 » by OdomFan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:02 pm

The Raptors won fair and square. Injuries didn't mean much to Warrior fans when Kyrie/Love were out in 2015 vs yall or Spurs Leonard in 2017 game 1.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#114 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:03 pm

He also didn’t shut down Giannis. I can’t wait for the bucks to play them and see them try and stop him with only montrez guarding the paint
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#115 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:05 pm

OdomFan wrote:The Raptors won fair and square. Injuries didn't mean much to Warrior fans when Kyrie/Love were out in 2015 vs yall or Spurs Leonard in 2017 game 1.

Injuries are part of the game. No championship should have an asterisk on it. But I hope people who say this had that same energy and weren't trying to discount the Warriors' championships for the past several years.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#116 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:17 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

That's because the media heads made it about the playoffs and championships, so player chill in the regular season.

The media have eroded the value of the regular season.

#lifehack

it's what Kawhi essentially did last year
clyde21
RealGM

Post#117 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 pm

OdomFan wrote:The Raptors won fair and square. Injuries didn't mean much to Warrior fans when Kyrie/Love were out in 2015 vs yall or Spurs Leonard in 2017 game 1.

nobody is saying the Raptors didn't win fair and square.

are you in the wrong thread?
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#118 » by JeepCSC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 pm

I mean when the lights came up, Kawhi had the knife in his hands and the Warriors’ body at his feet. Maybe the post mortem reveals more, but the picture of Kawhi has already run in the paper.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#119 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:30 pm

the dynasty is over?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#120 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Sleepwalking is a stretch, espn reported that leonard lead the league in points per touch tied with Paul George. That's sleepwalking? Wow

Return to The General Board